October 23, 2014 | 954 users online

Moisturizers - Nuxe - Creme Etincelante Radiance Resurfacing Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by cherryred14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This one makes a nice night cream. In the morning, skin is softer, brighter and more even in colour. I wear moisturiser with spf20 AND mineral foundation during the day if I'm using it though.

Pros: absolutely heavenly scent, gentle, contains natural ingredients
    Cons: didn't do much for my acne scarring, comes in a luxurious but unsanitary jar, not really suitable for day wear (contains fruit acids, which make skin more sun-senitive and since it peels, all types of foundation I tried did not apply evenly)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by katsubrtova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it, I love. This faded the rest of my acne scars within a month. They weren't severe, it's true, but this thing has helped a lot.
    I really like the texture which seems to be rich, but not too heavy. And I adore the scent, although for someone it could quite strong. By the way I've received a compliment from my boyfriend thanks to the lovely fragnance of this cream.
    The only negative fact would be that it's not moisturizing enough for my rather dry skin. But if yours is oily, it would be ok. And it takes a few days to get used to the cream, especially if you have sensitive skin.
    And it's necessary to wear a sunscreen because the fruit acids make your skin photosensitive and prone to sunburn.

Tip:I use it also for blemishes. I just apply it locally and the pimple disappears in a day or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by EarlyN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm currently on Day 2 of using this and so far I am impressed (I would say very impressed but figure I will update the review after a months usage).
    I didn't know that I used to have great skin, until I was hit with adult acne at 30! Now bad skin is a telltale sign if I am stressed, resulting in a pizza face, without fail : ) On top of that, due to me being mixed, every single bump, leaves a ghastly dark discoloration behind, regardless if I mess with it or leave it alone, if it breaks out or not : ( Thus, I have a pretty uneven skin tone at this point.

When it began I used Creme de la Mer, but it was too expensive to keep that up, nor was it a miracle creme for problem skin. During the years I have tried topical prescription stuff, like diffferin and some Tazorac (which isn't even available here in Sweden, too strong apparently).

The Tazorac worked, as it makes the skin peel, but flakes of skin hanging isn't exactly my idea of being cute. It was worth it though.

Now, the Etincelante Resufacing Creme has a strong smell of old lady's perfume, not unpleasant at all, but I can def. see how it might be overpowering to some, and if you don't like the fragrance it might be tricky. I don't mind the heavy jar, though I would prefer a pump or tube or any other mode of dispensor, due to bacteria.

What I do like with it is that it clearly does the job, without stinging or causing a rash or anything! That's a first, so like most other reviewers here I would say it is very gentle, but do remember to use a high Spf for at least 2 weeks after discontinuing, since you will get marks that might never fade (yes, that happened to me once, after 20 min. of unprotected sun exposure!). I also followed heed with the whole applying it fast, to avoid it flaking of, and that has totally been fine. It seems that it actually sinks in to your skin gradually, since I could still flake some off by touching it straight after applying, but not so after an hour or so.

Someone wrote a review on it mentioning that you cannot put it around the eyes, as a shortcoming. Eh... Well, if you want action, which means acid in this case, you will never be able to put that around the eye, not at this concentration at any rate.

One of the surprising things was that my usually parched in the morning skin, lardy by afternoon, forgot to become lardy, well at least a significant reduction in grease. Me like! And it seems like it has calmed down my skin, making the surface more even, as opposed to old bumps going and new ones coming.

I am still holding my breath, to see what the long term benefits will be, but at this point I am optimistic. I will finish the jar (regardless of poss. setbacks), and let you know the outcome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Well, this is a very early review, as I have only used this cream twice until now. But the result is really beautiful. I use it in the evening, over my Korres Wild Rose Serum, and in the morning my skintone is
    beautifully even, the usual redness is almost gone, impurities are reduced, the blackheads seem way smaller, and also the pores are smaller. What I also like is that my face isnt a greasy mess when I wake up, in fact, it feels velvety soft and matte, but not dry at all. Even though I wanted to save some money, I think Ill have to get the full size of this product asap. At the moment, the only improvement about this creme would be to have it in a pump dispenser instead of a jar, but otherwise, Im very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by mamzaile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is miracle in a bottle. It was the product I had been looking for all my life! My skin has become clear, looks soft and healthy. I sincerely can't remember the last time my skin has looked this good. I had four blemishes that just wouldn't leave but this cream got the best of them at last. It totally works wonders. And it smells heavenlyyy! As mentioned, you have to protect your skin from the sun when using this product, a little sun is really too much (my skin was burning after very few minutes). And most importantly, the first applications might trigger some breakouts, but keep faith and continue using the product, you won't be getting any after 2 or 3 times using it and the cream will help clear the blemishes anyway (truly a miracle cream!) Also, many people mention that when taking too much time applying the cream it starts peeling off. I haven't personally experienced it, being first aware of it, but just so you know...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by jmag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. My skin has been changing since I turned 31. It's dehydrated, gets oiler longer into the day, looks dull, and I am getting age spots, along with hormonal acne.
    The first time I used this product, I didn't like it. I used it before bed, and took my time applying it. The more I rubbed it in, it started to peel off my face. It also has a floral smell that I'm not the biggest fan of.

A few weeks later I decided to dry it again. This time I applied it just after washing, and didn't rub it into my skin to much where it would peel. It seemed to absorb into my skin. The next morning my skin was calm and smooth, redness was down. It seems to calm down my acne too. My skin has been looking so much better since using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by sugarchoc

This is definitely my HG! I'm from a humid asian country and my skin is oily, sensitive and acne-prone. I've been using retin-a for years every night and have been desperately searching for an effective night cream/treatment to replace...until I took a gamble and bought this. Never looked back since. Wonderful product for night and for people with a skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

I use this wondeful cream on alternate nights. It does caused some breakouts when I just use it and I stop using. I just switch back when my pimples are under control and I need something to lightens the marks. Although the effect is not immediate, it takes about a month or so to really see the effect. This is one of the most gentle AHA cream in the market, would be better to use on alternate nights instead of every nights. When I am not using this cream, I will use Clinique 7 day scrub after cleansing followed by Clinique Clarifying toner then Dr Cilabo Moisturing gel. My skin is so much better now. I am happy person.

16-Sep-09: I am still very much in love with this cream. I am pregnant now, very tired to do any mask or treatment. Thanks to this cream, just use it alternate nights and gives me the radiance that I need. This is my HG, will buy again after I am done with this tub. And this baby last very long time, cos each time you only need small pearl size for whole face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is my HG night cream! I have tried so many moisturizers and creams, and none can do all I wish- except for Nuxe Etincelante.

I started out using it day and night, applied twice a day, and the transformation was total. For the first time in years I felt comfortable leaving the house with no make up on. It reduced my acne, evened out my skin, relieved the gloominess and dullness of it, and I felt I looked overall awesome.

Usually, moisturizers who claim to prevent cloging of pores do the opposite with me- Nuxe Etincelante is the only cream I've EVER tried that keeps my pores clean!

I love the scent, though I've heard not everyone is crazy about it. The jar is a bit heavy and the lid needs too much screwing, but I'll forgive that for such perfect contents.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by luvtea

Smells nice but the smell lingers for quite some time after application. Leaves my face radiance and glowy. I've oily skin but it's not oily nor thick after application so it's good for oily skin as well. After using it for nearly a week, it doesn't breaks me out or anything. Skin is softer and skintone looks more even (no patches of red anymore). I'm hoping it will help fade some of my acne scars but I'm not using it long enough yet to see if it does, will update on this again.

Update: I think dapping a little on active zits helps to calm down the redness and heals it without leaving much scars. :)