Healthy Hoof

4.7

Deionized Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Soybean Oil, Lanolin, Hydrogenated Cotton Seed Glyceride, Bees Wax, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Vera, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Rosemary Oil, Dimethicone, Lavender Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Protein, Allantoin, Castor Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, FD#C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have tried different products and this one really helps make my cuticles look really nice. The creamy formula is great since a little goes a long way! I have had this product for 6 months and I'm not even close to halfway done. In conclusion, if you want healthy and soft cuticles this product is the one for you! :)

on 4/6/2015 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This product didn't work for me as a cuticle softener (I realize it is also used as a nail strengthener however since I started using Nailtiques formula 2 at the same time, I can't really speak to it being used to strengthen nails). As a cuticle/skin softener, it is not terrible but it really did very little to soften them and I don't have very dry skin or cuticles. I'm not a big oil fan but I randomly dotted some olive oil on my cuticles and it worked sooo much better than this and it's cheaper, natural, smells better and isn't tested on animals. I had a cream that was amazing but it's not cruelty free so looking for alternatives but haven't found one yet. Happy to receive recommendations for any animal friendly cuticle softening/removing products :)

on 8/7/2014 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have nails that peel. I can only wear polish every two weeks or so, and give a long rest between applications or else my nails will peel so badly I'll have to give them a polish break for 6 weeks or so. I have tried EVERYTHING!! Most strengthening treatments actually make my nails peel worse. OPI's Nail Envy makes them peel, even the Sensitive & Peeling version. WTH?! This is the ONLY thing that has been able to provide a little strength to my nails. It reduces the peeling. It is HG for me! I also take a silica supplement, which helps tremendously (tried biotin, had no effect at all).

on 4/20/2014 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I normally use Hard As Hoof but I bought this because of the reviews online. It does exactly the same thing as HAH except the scent is different (I prefer HAH but honestly it means nothing for the wonderful effects both products bring). This products moisturizes your nails and cuticles very well which helps them be strong and grow long. This product can be found for only a few $ at Sally Beauty Supply stores across Canada and the US.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product 2 days ago and paid a whopping $20 from Ella Bache here in Aus as i was desperate and couldn't wait for it to arrive from the states using ebay.I struggled to find this product even when i was in the USA so if anybody can tell me where i can purchase as i'm heading back to Vegas in july.I am constantly washing my hands and i work with coal samples in a laboratory which is very damaging on my cuticles.After just 2 days my cuticles appear more moisturised and feel softer.My cuticles are so dry .I've been applying before i hop into bed and also on my toes and a little on my heels.A little goes a long way.After reading all the reviews I decided i'd just pay the $20 and see what all the fuss is about.So far so good.I will try to keep the daily routine up until i'm satisfied with them.Would re purchase- maybe not at Ella Bache !

on 1/30/2014 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Well, I have tried EVERYTHING !
Basic oils which used to work when I was a teenager on flaking nails, then various nail hardeners (Sally Hansen and OPI) and wierd stuff (Mavala with formaldehyde !) and even some expensive vitamin supplements aimed at nail health, BUT, this little tub of cream beats them all hands (pardon the pun) down.
Hard to get in the UK, so ordered from Amazon, but finally my poor menopausal nails which have constantly flaked and broken for over 2 years are getting back to normal.
I will definately repurchase even if I have to crawl over broken glass to do so !

on 11/19/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have been using this for a couple of years now. I can't really say with certainty that this product has made my nails strong because my nails are almost always painted, but it does keep my cuticles soft. I especially like using it in the winter- i feel that it does a better job of keeping my cuticles softer than using cuticle oil alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm not much of a nail person but I received this as a gift and I really love it. I bite my cuticles and I have very thin, easily broken nails. This really makes my nails feel stronger and is very moisturizing. Plus it smells great. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because it is tested on animals :(

on 8/11/2013 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After hearing rave reviews this product, I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did. Healthy Hoof is a thick creamy treatment that had a lavender scent to it. I apply this to my cuticles and massage it in, and voilá I have moisturized cuticles. If you consistently apply this, your cuticles will be in much better shape. Packaging and tackiness of the product could be better.

on 7/27/2013 6:32:00 PM

I came across this product online a few months ago and decided to try it after reading all the reviews about it. It sounded quite good and when I found a shop that is relatively local to me that I could get it from I went ahead and purchased a small jar to try.

I'm so glad I did. It keeps my cuticles looking great and has a light lavender smell. It can feel a little sticky/tacky when first applied so I just apply it before I go to bed or while watching a movie or something and once it is absorbed into your skin you probably won't be too bothered about that. If the jar gets sticky from the cream just give it a wipe over with a tissue or cloth and it will look as good as new.

Compared to other creams and treatments that I've tried this seems to work best for me. It is more expensive here than overseas but a small amount goes along way so I'd say it's worth the investment. Definitely worth a try.

Popular Treatments