December 18, 2014 | 1384 users online

Mascara - Almay - Insider mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2006 5:18:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

It was a few yrs ago since i've tried this, but i remember it was pretty good. gel-like consistency so it goes on well and smoothly without globs. nice soft lashes& fairly natural look. i guess u'd only be dissapointed if ur after a spider-leg false lash effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by cin33331

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this mascara. Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, removes easily, really enhances your eyes but still has a natural, unclumpy look. The only problem is the tube seems to dry out quicker than most and can then get clumpy. I've used other mascara that seems to last longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2006 11:11:00 AM More reviews by xxjenniferdawnxx

The first couple times I used this product it was great. It lengthened my lashes and even curled them to an extent. There was absolutely no clumping. After a while, it started clumping worse than Great Lash does and was very wet. I made a huge mess while putting it on and had to redo all of my make-up. I wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It coats well, doesn't clump and makes my lashes look thicker. Another superb product from Almay.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 4:52:00 AM More reviews by belladonna10

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This made my eyelashes glossier than other mascaras and did not clump or flake.
MIchelle

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ScarletStarlet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked it. The tube was kind of ugly and a bit strange-looking, but the mascara was quite awesome.

It's not a dramatic mascara, but more for a simple, natural daytime look. I loved the gel formula, and how it glides soooo smoothly over your lashes. It hardly feels like mascara, because it's so light and smooth. There's none of that crunchiness or anything.

I also found that it separated really really well. I'm not sure if it was the wand, because the wand didn't look like anything too special, but it separated really well. Lengthening was pretty good, and thickening wasn't, but even so it's a good mascara.

Will probably repurchase, it's a good mascara for light days.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2005 10:37:00 AM More reviews by gatorgal78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara I have ever used. It made my eyelashes look so long and thick and it went on so easily. I love that there is no flaking either because I wear contacts and have very sensitive eyes. I usually hate wearing mascara because it doesn't come off very easily, but this one comes off with 1 swipe of my normal makeup remover wipes. I will be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2005 7:24:00 PM More reviews by numoonbeam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was able to find The Almay Insider mascara in Black for a great price (less than $5) at Christmas Tree Shop! I absolutely love it, fantastic price aside.
It coats my lashes easily and provides a very *natural* look... My mother (& so many others) swear by Great Lash, but that's way too dramatic and harsh for my daytime look. The Insider, however, is PERFECT for day (and dates, too) because it darkens, lengthens, and separates the lashes moderately enough to look believable yet still brighten & open up the eyes w/o smudging or running.
Oh, and as an added bonus- it's super easy to wash off! No oily eyemakeup remover necessary.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 6:02:00 PM More reviews by sabine

this was just alright. it was 15% off at target and i had a $1.50 coupon so i just had to try it, esp since it was on my list of "d/s mascaras to try based on productville" list (and yes, i do keep it in my wallet at all times). it definitely lengthened after about 3 coats, clumped a tiny bit, but my lashes were not as thick as i like them after mascara, nor were they as black as i like 'em. my hg is px false eyelashes, so this didn't come close, but it's not bad. i will not be repurchasing though, even if i can get it at a cheap-o price again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2005 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ANGELiK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara made my lashes look thick and healthy - the price was good and I like the fact that it actually has vitamins in it, which presumably make your lashes healthier in the long-run. The packaging is pretty ugly - I like pretty packaging and this tube looks generic and cheap. The product is good however, so I will probably continue to buy it.