December 19, 2014 | 1566 users online

Brows - MAC - Brow Finisher

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved this product in clear, but have replaced it with the NYX wax pencil. They seem to be the same thing, but priced differently. For about $10 less you have to sharpen it yourself and get more product with NYX. However, if you aren't concerned about that, this product is great, does what it should, and requires no sharpening.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

I like it. It does what it's supposed to do but a few of my brows are pulled out each time. It lays them down and gives them a groomed appearance. I have it in clear and will continue to buy it until they come out with something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Schmanna22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good product. It does what it's supposed to do, which is keep your brows in place, and it does so in a convenient package. All you need to do is twist it up, run it over your brows, and then brush or shape them with a spoolie or tool of your choice.

The only thing is it's expensive for what it is, which is clear brow wax. It's not the most exciting product, and you will run out of it in a few months if you use it every day (which I do).

In my review, I'm saying I *would* purchase again, but that doesn't necessarily mean I *will* purchase it again. Milani makes a wax pencil that I have purchased that seems to do the trick just fine. I've only used it once, as I want to use the rest of the brow fix I do have before I tear into the new one, but I'd like to save money in the arena in any way I can, so I can have to spend on fun things like lipsticks and booze.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I was recommended this product by a MUA in MAC. It is very ok, it works ok to keep eyebrows in place and doesn't leave a residue on the brows. I find it does make my eyebrows fall out a tiny bit though. I think this product is over priced for what it does but it is a Mac product. Next time I will purchase the brow set gel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I have this in clear and it's an OK brow product. Nothing to run out and buy, but if you're looking for a brow wax that is easy to use and portable, this is your guy.

It holds my brows in place, but it's not a super strong hold. I still have to fidget with my brows throughout the day because my hair messes them up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I like this, but honestly, it's not that great. It's pretty heavy on my brows and doesn't really keep them set. They're thin, but pretty unruly. I think this would work for someone with more coarse brow hair, but unfortunately, it just doesn't do it for me. I've had this in clear for so long, and it's still pretty full. If I didn't pay so much for it, I would probably throw it out or give it away.

I'll give it two lippies instead of one, just because I could see how it would work for someone else.

EDIT: So, I've recently started to use this again and I've found that it actually works pretty well. Since I let my sparse brows start to grow out, I've found more of a use for it. It's not perfect, because I still think a brow gel would work better, but still, it does what it says for the most part. I don't know if I would buy it again, I think I would definitely give a brow gel like MAC's Brow Set a shot first.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a gift. It's not a very necessary product unless you have unruly eyebrows. It's pretty basic, though. So there's really no reason to buy it from MAC, which is quite a pricey brand. A drugstore brand would probably work just as well. I'll finish what I have, even though I don't seem to use it often. But I will not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by saucysassy27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product with powder and yes it does smudge as I have oily skin throughout the day. Ive searched and i still cannot find a miracle product that wont smudge! However using the brow finisher with the shadow and on top of that adding a dust of MAC's prep + prime translucent powder helped my brows stay in place. And if I got oily again I would re dust. The prep + prime translucent powder is a life saver for those with oily skin. can surely save your make up :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by stephaniegoesgrr

I started to use this as a way to set my brows and for that purpose it does set them beautifully. It doesnt dry down to a almost crunchy texture like brow gels can, it has good hold, comfortable feel and most importantly it doesn't look shiny or wet.
However one day I was wearing bold, in your face RED lip and before I even left the house it was bleeding like crazy. :[ I was just about to take it off when I saw my clear mac brow wax. It was like the makeup gods were telling me this would work....
So I started to line just outside the lip-line and it when on smooth and while you would think a wax texture would be uncomfortable on your skin, I couldn't feel the product. Also, you couldn't see a weird finnish. It truly disappeared This product was like a force field, refusing to let the smallest amount of that red out of line. It was amazing. and kept my lipstick in check all day.
If I wouldn't by it again as a brow set, I would definitely repurchase for using it as a reverse lip liner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of those staple products that may not be particularly glamorous, but is a necessary part of one's routine. Nothing was keeping my wayward brows in place, and I've gone through it all--brow powders, pencils, gels, etc. MAC's Brow Finisher does the trick, you just have to be careful not to over apply or else it'll look like you ran a glue stick over your brows. I brush my brows, apply a little of the finisher, fill in with brow pencil, reapply a little more of the finisher, then do a final brush. Comes in a thin twist-up tube, allowing precise application without snapping any of it off. I always gently wipe it off on a towel after every use so no gunk reforms on it. Since it comes in a plastic container it's Back 2 MAC-able, which is always a plus. I took a lippy off because it *is* a bit overpriced for something that's really nothing more than wax, but it's not like I want to risk putting something like lip balm on my brows.