August 20, 2014 | 1511 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - ALL MAT Matifying Base

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This primer does not so much mattify as coat the skin in a smooth, comfortable, "ultrathin" layer of silica. It works fine on its own or over creams to extend the time before my skin begins to look or feel oily in the t-zone. With makeup (powder, foundation) it feels like one too many layers on my face and sometimes pills. I want to like it more than I actually like it, but $47 in the U.S./€42 in France ($57!) is criminally extravagant for one ounce of a mid-range product that's merely, even barely, adequate. I'll try the Smashbox Photo Finish primers next.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by MarinaJohaness

When I initially bought it, I used it conventionally. Apply a layer first and then the foundation on top. But I hated the feeling it leaves and my face felt greasy. Eventually it got shelved. Just recently, I took it out again to give it another shot. This time round, I decided to mix my foundie together with All Mat and I love it! My pores were less noticeable and I get a slightly longer wear from my foundation. With a pump of MUFE HD, i mix 3/4 of that amount of All Mat. Mix it well and then apply your foundation as you normally would. I use the RT buffing brush to buff it all in. Give it a try if you have an All Mat shelved somewhere!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Abss

This wasn't that great at all!! I bought this along with the new foundation by makeup forever as well. B/c the makeup artist used it on me. But I am going to return it! It doesn't make a difference in making your face mat. I still had to powder my nose. So since it is 45$ it definitley is not worth it!! wouldn't recommend it at all. Doesn't make a difference with making your makeup last longer, or go on smoother, or keeping your face mat! :(
So i will return this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by MissB18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this after the SA I was dealing with at Sephora was extremely adamant that it was one of the best primers on the market for what I was looking for in a primer.
I've been using it for about a month and a half and the best that I can say is that it's a sub-par product.
It fills in my face and creates a nice smooth base for my foundation.
My makeup does seem to last anywhere from 7 to 12 hours without touching up or only quickly dusting my chin once throughout the day.
However, it's just not any better than what I would consider to be my favourite primer so far, Lise Watier's Base Miracle 3-in-1 and the All Mat doesn't have the accompanying colour corrector.
The biggest downside to this product is that you have to use a lot of it to completely cover your face, three to four pumps and with a price tag of $51 CDN for a 30 ml bottle I couldn't justify repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Jeni0874

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to fall in love with this stuff. I have an oily t-zone that I've been battling with for years and this seemed an answer to prayer. MUFE is a great brand and I love their HD foundation. In hindsight I should have purchased the travel size to test this out first, but I was so eager for it to work that I bought the regular size bottle. Basically this stuff does nothing noticeable to my skin. I've tried using it all over my face and just on my t-zone. Nothing. In fact, it seemed to make my skin even oilier :-\ Oh well, at least I learned the lesson to buy the smaller size product first to make sure it works for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by aureliationg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used this once and had a few pimples and one huge acne cyst popped out. I thought it was a reaction to a new foundation so I gave it another try a few days ago and yet again, another two cystic acne came out, one on my chin and another on my nose.

I've also tried Stila and Smashbox primers, but they too gave me cystic acne reactions. Maybe it's just me, but a warning for those with combination/sensitive/mild acne-prone skin, please stay far far away. I still love other MUFE products but this was just not for me. : (

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by southeastasianqueen

This product helps to mattify my face & makes it less shiny. Because it is expensive I just use it around my oily T-Zone area - some on my cheeks & mouth area where i tend to sweat. I live in a very hot & humid weather so this product only helps to prevent my face from getting oily & shiny until for about 5 hours after applying. It is still good as i havent found any other mattifying product that lasts this long on my face. Overall, it is a great product, great packaging, even though a bit pricey but it lasts a long time & definately will repurchase it until i found a better one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lilbutton

THE BEST PRIMER OUT THERE!
nothing keeps my face matte all day except for this.
it doesn't make me break out, keeps my face matte for the entire day,
i couldn't be more happy with a product.
this is my miracle product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's awesome product but no with the price. LOL! For me, it can make my foundation smooth and easy to apply. it makes my over all make up seems perfect. But maybe i will switching to other product that similar but with a cheaper price...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by 4Bella

Absolutely, positively does not work for oily skin. Recommended by the Sephora employee, what a bad choice.