October 1, 2014 | 926 users online

CD/Books/Movies - Makeup Makeovers by Robert Jones

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by jean9weg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Robert Jones books are great, but you only need one. I first bought MAKEU P MAKEOVERS, BEAUTY BIBLE and loved it so much I went online and bought all of Robert's other books. Big Mistake. Except for a wedding section, and slight variations in photos, they are all the same! Really, it is astonishing.
But...you should own ONE because he is very talented and all his tips and looks are completely wearable for real women. I have a NARS book that is pretty, but basically useless for real wear. So I do love this book, but the recycling of content from 2002 in annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by orchidmyst

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was able to read an excerpt of this book and it has absolutely changed the way I put makeup. It gives concise and clear instructions on how to correctly apply all kinds of of makeup. It has helped me with putting on blush and even blushes that I thought didn't match my skintone turned out to work and look great when applied using the method taught in this book. I definitely recommend reading this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by msjesshawk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

You learn so much from these. His way of teaching is very easy and understandable. It makes sense to everyone whether you'd never tried make up on or you need some extra assistance. I've only read the make up make overs for bridal but I'm sure I won't be disappointed with his other books.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

I really enjoyed reading this book. I'm not a novice in the world of makeup but just never got into as much and still don't. I shy away from eyeshadows because too many MAs have made me look like a clown and very glittery. And, this book showed me how easy it is to do it myself based on the placement of my eyes. And, the blush placement..I like where he places the blush very soft and natural. I also liked the way he shows how to do your makeup based on the shape of your face. I've had this book for over a month and I seem to be going back to it often. If you are a beginner and new to makeup, this is a must have and will definately learn far more than you would surfing the net. I would not repurchased because I'm pretty good with my books and expect to have this for a long time and close by when I need a refresher.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best makeup books that I have ever read. I have read (and bought) pretty much everything's that's out there and this book is easy to follow, beautiful to look at, and very informative. I actually learned some new tricks from this book (which is always a good surprise since I've read so many of them). One of the books that I always go back to and re read.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 5:15:00 AM More reviews by janicepetals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best make up instruction manual with diagrams to show you where each highlight, mid tone and contouring eye shadow goes for each eye shape.

you can actually follow this book unlike the many others i've read

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by honey112101

I bought this book a couple years ago at the Robert Jones Makeup Class. I have to say that he is amazing! I love the book and can understand and duplicate it easily.

It was a little pricey, but I got to get mine autographed so that makes it all worthwhile. I have a very informative guide as well as a valuable keepsake :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 3:54:00 AM More reviews by accentcc

I bought this book yesterday after spotting it at the local bookstore and haven't been able to put it down. I am about to turn 50, have always loved makeup (never sold it though), kept up with trends, and thought I knew it all. Wow, this is book has amazed me. It is actually practical with advice I can truly put to use. I am going to be making some changes! The makeovers shown are not all models, they are every size, color, and shape. The makeup is not overdone, most of the looks are beautiful for everyday. I can do this! You must get this book, you will not regret it, this guy is awesome and really understands what women need in makeup and how we want to look. Just terrific!