October 2, 2014 | 1838 users online

Hair - John Frieda - Rehydrate Deep Daily Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Heidicarey

I have really dry hair because of over dyeing and styling. I used this product thinking it would help restore moisture. I was so disappointed! The first time it was okay, and I continued to use it about 3x a week, however It left a horrible feel to my hair so discontinued to use it. It left my hair feeling worse than before!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product I'm reviewing is called "Rehydrate Intensive Deep Conditioner" and is part of John Frieda's Frizz-Ease line. I can't say how surprised I am by how much I love this product. I never really imagined the drug stores to offer much in the way of hair care products, but this $7 purchase changed my perspective.

I have thin, long-layered curly hair that reaches a few inches past my shoulders and has a tendency to go flat or lose its curl throughout the day. Due to its texture, my hair has always been prone to dryness and split ends, which is why I'm a longtime friend of moisturizing hair products.

I've been using Rehydrate for a month or two, and I don't follow the directions on the tube. First, I think it's stupid to make any intensive conditioning product a "daily" one, since most people who use the product will have a dry hair type and probably won't be washing their hair on a daily basis anyway. So I use this every other day. Also, I apply it to damp, unwashed hair in the shower. I leave it on for about 10 minutes, then shampoo and condition like usual using The Body Shop's moisturizing honey line. It leaves my hair soft, conditioned, unweighed down, untangled, more defined, and wonderful. I no longer use expensive salon brand deep conditioners, and get softer, healthier hair in the process. I think that this not only helps moisturize my hair, but by applying it before my shampoo it keeps my dry ends protected from any harsh sulfates and detergents. I'm also amazed that I've also had absolutely no build-up, and it actually helps my hair curl better, rather than weighing it down like many other moisturizing products. I would absolutely repurchase this product and recommend it to anyone who needs extra moisture.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rehydrate was sadly not a good product for me. I was disappointed, because it smells so nice, I liked its good detangling ability, and the Rehydrate name sounded so promising. But I had to stop using this after getting down to half the squeeze bottle because it gave me small hard bumps on the back of my neck & on my forehead. I've tried many products, none of which did this to me, including other John Frieda products in the Sheer Blonde line, and also the Overnight Repair creme. I did well with the Highlight Activating Daily and Lustrous Touch Strengthening products, but this one I had to throw out. I wish it could have worked better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Casafras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff saved my hair. I used a sulphate free conditioner one day and it totally stripped my hair and left it like straw. It felt like a chlorine burn. I tried all kinds of conditioners to get it back in shape--including Redken's Heavy Cream and All Soft products. I tried the "It's A 10" products too. Nothing worked at all. Finally I tried this product. I used it 3 days in a row, leaving it on for just 1 minute like the directions said. By the end of the 3rd day my hair was drastically better. I cut back and used it once every 2 to 3 days and then finally to just once or twice at week. All of this was over about a month. By the time that was over my hair was back to be soft and supple at all times.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't like any other JF products all that much, but this one is like, wow! I have stiff hair that is thick, it's cut into a precise bob. Normally I have to flatiron a lot to get it to behave and conform better to my head, but with this conditioner it just kinda melts down and my hair feels a lot softer. I only need a little bit of styling when I use this. It's a great product, but only for girls with hair that tends to be rougher and more coarse. It has a thick consistency, I use just a little bit starting from the ends, and the bottle allows you to get every last drop and is convenient, so thumbs up for such an effective drugstore product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

I picked this product up after my binge with John Frieda products. Some of his work, but some don't so I was skeptical. I started using this product, not thinkin' anything great about it at the time. It has a glue like consistency and it makes your hair real soft after the shower. I got another product because I thought this product does nothing really overly exciting to my hair. After using the new product, I started to notice my hair was beginning to get dry, greasy and untameable. After going BACK to this product, my hair went back to normal. So it was kind of cool to see what the product really did do to my hair, even though it didn't make any WOW changes like commericals or anything like that. Its good to count on something that simply makes your hair soft and easy to manage, no extras just that. I will be purchasing more of this product. I love John Frieda anyways.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by beachgurl1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just got finished washing this product out of my hair, and I have to say, it is wonderful. I got my hair chemically straightened, which left it very dry and kind of strawlike. It was very hard to brush my hair when it was wet, and felt terrible when dry. I picked this stuff up for about $5.00 at Walmart. I slathered the ENTIRE tube on my dry hair, wrapped it in plastic wrap, and then let it sit for several hours while I did some housework. I rinsed it out,and the brush went thru my hair like magic.

The price is a little expensive, I usually use Aussie 3 min. miracle, which is about $3, but this was a desperate time, I think I would only use it every couple months or so because of the price factor.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2007 9:30:00 AM More reviews by angelchild9696

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product did nothing for my hair, and I had to use another conditioner after it. ould not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2006 10:00:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I really like this newest innovation from JF. I can't keep track of how many conditioners they have out. This is a gel-like, very light consistency conditioner that is meant to be used everyday for deep conditioning needs. Makes my stubborn, wavy hair pliable and with renewed sheen and moisture, without weigh down or build-up. Just as good as Miraculous Recovery conditioner which I wish they would bring back. Very good, effective deep conditioner that you can use everyday to maintain beautiful, frizz-free hair. Would buy again.