October 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5-Couleur Eye Shadow 180 Water Mist

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this today. my eyes are blue and i usually wear brown-y eyeshadows or pink/peach ones. i was just in a 'blue' mood and bought this. per usual for dior, excellent quality, and the colors are very wearable and not over the top.
i recommend for anyone who wants wearable blues.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 5:14:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

while, i love all my other Dior quints. something about the matte finish of this quint i think really takes it down a notch. the iridescent quints have much better application. this one is almost chalky. i think it has been discontinued, i am not sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by pariscat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must disagree with the previous reviewer on this one, as I think this is one of the most beautiful of the CD quints. I have several, and this has become a favorite. Colors include an almost ethereal very pale blue shimmer, a "mattish" lavender blue, a golden pink shimmer, and a "mattish" true purple/blue. These are all lovely, but the absolute winner of the group, in my opinion, is the stunning center color, a midnight blue with silver sparkle that makes the most phenomenal liner, wet or dry. There are so many possibilities here...subtle look with one or two colors for day to an over the top smoldering blue smokey eye for evening. I find the staying power and "blendability" of these shadows to be no different from the other CD quints, i.e. excellent. And, there is no "throw away" color in this one... the iridescent white highlighter that seems to appear in many of the quints is useless for me. By the way, I have blue/gray eyes with a tinge of green.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am quite a disappointed to this one. It is not near as good qality as older blue denim quint. This quint looks gorgeous on the pan but the staying power totally did let me down because previous palettes had awesome staying power. Water Mist contains: a gorgeous looking shimmery midnight blue color on the middle--but unfortunately it is hard to blend evenly & goes on patchy and muddy grey color. Then down on the left side you find (in my opinion) the best color of the whole quintet: dark, purply blue. It is amazing on my green eyes, but it fades just as all the other shades. Down on the right there is this subtle nude pink shade. On the upper row youll find a light matte washed out jeans-blue shade and other really light blue. This quint makes me look tarty...because the colors arent defined enough once they are on your lids and dont stay well. This is nothing like "Blue Denim" quint that I love every single color of. Also the colors of this may look shimmery...but that is just an overspray.