October 25, 2014 | 969 users online

Cleansers - La Vitton - Water Soluble - Facial Cleansing Oil - Oily-Combo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No difference between the Olive Forte cleanser and this one except for the additional essential oils. This cleanser smells very strongly of lavender, which I very much did not like (should have read the description on the site more carefully). Scent aside, the cleanser does a great job of getting rid of waterproof foundation and sunscreen. It rinses cleanly with warm water, and I never had to use a toner afterwards. I wouldn't recommend using this as an eye makeup remover as it will sting like a mother. I would only recommend that you buy this cleanser if you're a fan of lavender-scented oil cleansing products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ametrine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love this cleanser!
i've been acne prone since age 12 and only now am implementing a better diet and natural cosmetics to let my skin heal. this oil for combo/oily skin is the original one they used to carry before (they only had one)...

the first time i bought it, i had a weird experience with it, it somehow made my skin feel awkward..so it sat under the sink for close to a year, then one day i tried it again and i realized it made my skin feel so clean (im super oily). it really balances it out since nothing cuts oil better than oil. you can rub it on your eye makeup, even open your eyes after you rub and it wont sting at all.
i honestly believe if you stick with this for a while, and go with natural skin care and let your skin rebalance after all that harsh stuff you put on it, you'll see that it works.
also, people's bodies weren't made to absorb all these chemicals we see in current cosmetics (and skin DOES absorb whatever we put on it) and you're making your skin happier by using natural substances that have been used for eons, so, everyone, try this cleanser! you will enjoy. this is my only staple, hg, whatever you want to call it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cristina26

this stings my eyes terrible!!!!!. I was using the olive forte and I loved it, but i decided to try this one and it's not bad except it stings so bad. I use it to take off my makeup including mascara. really dissapointing. Back to OLIVE FORTE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this oil. It contains lots of herbal stuff, it cleanses very well and my skin feels very soft after using it. It's better than DHC, FANCL and Shu IMHO. Will keep repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by yoshipeach

All of La Vitton and Laventine's products break me out. Plus, what's up w/ this company making up fake accounts to highly rate their products???

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by zombie_candy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is one that ruined my skin. my skincare regime was proactiv before this and it was fine (i'm very acne/cystic acne prone) but i was worried about putting too much chemicals on my skin and decided to switch to a more natural approach. this and the OCM was so hyped up by everybody so i tried it for about 4 weeks. it gave me millions of tiny red pimples all over my entire face. that was back in september 2006. it's now march 2007 and i'm left with hideous hyperpigmentation and still battling reoccuring cystic acne. i usually get 4 or 5 on my chin now.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by chiquitabanana101

i bought the facial care set for oily/combo skin and quite like this stuff, especially the cleanser. the facial and eye oils certainly leave my skin softer and less oily over the course of the day, but honestly, i haven't noticed any dramatic improvements in fine lines, even after 4 months.
i may buy this again, but will probably experiment with some other products first. one of my biffs is the eye-dropper packaging of the facial and eye oils, which makes them messy to travel with.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2006 12:08:00 AM More reviews by maritesRN

Based on the reviews, I had to try this stuff. Thought it would be helpful in helping even out my ruddy complexion due to my present pregnancy. Gave it one month to see how it would work. Loved it for the first week but found that the facial oil and eye oils just didn't absorb into my skin well. My DH even commented on how slick I looked. Didn't make me breakout but didn't help either. Only thing I loved definitely was the smell and packaging.
Update: Ended up sending this back. So glad that the customer service is very reasonable. Will not be repurchasing for sure and my skin is thanking me with less shine and less milia.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by cmil

I think I probably be the only person who like this so far. I've been using La Vitton since when they only have one oil cleanser. Later on they decided to make one for normal/dry and combination/oily. The formula had been change like 3 times and I have tried all 3 different combo/oily formulas and 2 original. So that's like 5 different formula total. Yes, La Vitton keep changing their formulas... I like their very first formula, the original (which was for all skin type) one, the most.

It was only like $17 when I first started using this and now the price is like $25. I'm glad that they remade the combination/oily cleansing oil based on their original formula. I haven't tried that one yet but I soon will. I like it how I can adjust the moisture level with the water temperature. This cleanse my skin well, no more black heads and super clear, even tone skin. Very affordable and economical. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by kiranimirni

I have oily/combo skin that is extremely prone to breakouts. I decided to use this after all the rave reviews hoping this would be the answer to clearing up my skin but I was very wrong. This cleanser left a residue on my face and made my face even more oily. It caused me to breakout pretty badly from which I'm still recovering. Perhaps the essential oils don't suit me so I'm going to try the Olive Forte cleanser and see how that works. Hopefully I'll have more success with that. I'll write an update on that once I start using it.