November 26, 2014 | 1831 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Very High Sun Protection Cream SPF 50

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product with high hopes after reading reviews here for the ultimate sun cream 50+ and how good it was for people with acne prone skin so I decided to buy it.Huge mistake!!!
The texture is really thick,the smells is chemical and bad and also very expensive.It was way too difficult to blend ,very sticky and very strange.At beginning the finish was matte but before to finish my MUA my t-zone looks like an oil slick,and few minutes later my entire face was very greasy-sticky.I tried varying the amount applied but the results are always the same...sticky and shiny face all day long. The finish is horrible with very strong white cast
and with foundation/powder on top looks like i have clay on my face.
Also after few days this product burn my cheeks really bad..i suppose because of this being so chemical.
I would give this zero lipies but the minimum is 1.I am very dissapointed!!!
I got really terrible time while using this and now i will throw 40euro right in garbage.I hate wasting money!!
From last summer i use LaRochePosay Meltincream..is not really matte but it does have a very good protection SPF 50+ PPD 28,is gentle with my skin (sensitiv and acne prone skin-hormonal cystic acne) and good price(the European version of course).So i will stay with my LRP for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Eldomi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

NOO I donīt like this! it contains alcohol! = it can irritate your skin and dry it out + it stays on top of my skin as a white layer that canīt be absorbed.
Better go for a product w/o alcohol and that contains physical sunscreens.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have switched between this and Shiseido's Smooth SPF 36 for a few years now. I love that Japanese brands actually have a rating for the UVA protection (usually shown as something like PA+++ on the packaging), which is the type of sun exposure that gets BELOW the surface of the skin and causes photoaging. SPF ratings just refer to sunburn protection. I wish all other companies would use this system! If they don't...I simply don't try it.
Back to the product...
PROS:
-no breakouts
-no burning (even after spending a week on a beach in Hawaii!!!!)
-soft matte finish
-does leave a sheer white cast...but I am so pale that it works for me by evening out my skintone.
-It works and has definitely helped my skin stay nice and unwrinkled. I'm 36 and look about 10 years younger.
CONS:
-you have to use an extra cleanser to remove it. I usually use the oil cleanser by DHC, which is nice and doesn't cause breakouts
-it's a bit drying...but not as drying as others that I've used, so I stick with the Shiseido.

****It works and has definitely helped my skin stay nice and unwrinkled. I'm 36 and look about 10 years younger.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by vink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG. For an easy-to-get-burned skin like me, this line's the best I've tried.Even better than Anessa line. The texture is creammy and soft. Very easy to apply. The smell is ok. Like a lotion when you apply. Somehow it dry down and in the evening, you will know that it smell ultimately like a sunscreen. That doesn't bother me though. I live in a beach town and this line's a god send for me. A little bit drying though, but I already have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros : Works well under liquid makeup- almost primer like, no breakouts, dries quickly, no white-ish cast, nice smell, not too "lardy" to apply, good sun protection (for me anyway - my skin has become far more even since i began using this), finishes up matte.

Cons:Not VERY moisturising, can settle into lines, hard to get out of my hairline, leaves white marks on clothing (when pulling a t-shirt over my head!), a little expensive, lid on the tube isnt the best - its hard to close &feels flimsy.

All in all i like this and intend to make it a staple in my skincare arsenal.

EDIT: it seems this has been reformulated much to my dismay, it now doesnt seem to work well under my MU. its is almost bluey-white upon application and take FOREVER to wear into my skin. Im going to my local Shiseido counter today just incase i got a bad tube......i will update this review after.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by laurenys

Pros:
- Texture is good
- Doesn't sting eyes if you sweat a little
- Very water proof
- Great if you're not exposed to the sun for extended periods of time

Cons:
- PPD rating isn't the highest for people who need maximum sun protection
- Not sure how photostable the sunscreen is

This was one of my favorite sunscreens until I figured out the PPD rating. I live in Hawai'i and we have a lot of UV action going on down here, not to mention I walk everywhere. So in my quest to find a sunscreen this was one of the best I could find at the time. It's great if you're not highly exposed to the sun. But if you're like me, acne prone, have acne scars, and live in a place with tons of UV rays then this sunscreen isn't your best bet.

**I'm currently trying LRP fluide extreme SPF 50+ PPD 28. (Costly but hopefully worth the money) I'll post a review about two months from now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by daruma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin. This thick cream goes onto my skin matte but within about an hour my t-zone looks like an oil slick. I also end up with cystic acne after a couple of days of using this product. Having said that, it certainly blocks the sun.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by tecky

This is still the best sunblock for the face- no oilies & breakouts
next to my list is Heliocare spf 50 but I think shiseido is better & more stable=)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely a very expensive sunscreen. This cream blends incredibly well on my face, leaves a soft natural matte finish and feels incredible.
Definitely my new HG sunscreen.
It also acts as a very good base for my foundation. You just have to cleanse and take it off very well at night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*PIC* This sunscreen truly is very very matte, which is why I suppose it didn't suit my skin (normal-dry/dehydrated) it left a very slight white cast and most of the time it was way too difficult to blend and would end up making my skin look even more dry and uneven accentuating fine lines. Also, I once wore this at the pool, and when I hit the water, my face turned white and I resembled a geisha- eek. That was a pretty embarrassing day! Also, I find the ppd too low, If i recall correctly it's only an 8, which i suppose would be "okay" if i wouldn't be in the sun alot, like maybe going to and fro to work, but otherwise i would consider it too low. I think it would suit less drying skin types. Retails here for 36.00 euros.

continued >>