October 24, 2014 | 1723 users online

Eye Primer - Merle Norman - Shadow Base

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by angiedairou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the compact version and have used it for years. I tried urban decay and I like this one better. No creases, long lasting, has never let me down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by cherokee_gurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried this today after searching around my area for some inexpensive e/s primers. I live in an area where I'm not easily accessible to places that sell UDPP or TFSI, so I can either drive an hour away to get them or order online. I was in need of some primer badly and decided to try this out. So far, I like this primer as I didn't experience creasing and my shadows had great staying power. It's creamy texture made applying it easy, and the packaging was a hit. It comes in this little compact that looks like an e/s compact so it's easy to get to. This, of course, doesn't out-perform UDPP, but it's my next best alternative until I can get my hands on some. I didn't experience the white-ness (lol) that some here have complained about, so that was a plus for me. It's really not a bad primer for $10. I like it, and chances are I would buy it again in a pinch.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This primer is terrible. (Got the automatic primer) It goes on white. And the white is hard to cover with eyeshadow, so the white is showing through. This primer makes my shadow go on all blotchy. It doesn't make eyeshadow go on smooth and even. After this happened I wiped it off and put on the Urban D primer and my shadow went on great. Not all uneven like this primer made it. I've also used Mac paint pot primer with my shadows and they go on just fine. It's just this primer. This primer creases too. Badly. I know it's cheap and it comes with a lot, but don't waste your money on this ladies!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by HeidiJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the Automatic Eyeshadow base with high hopes of it comparing to UDPP and TFSI. It applies easily and the color is great for my fair skin. My shadows applied easily on top of this, but my eyeshadows started creasing mid-day. A nice product, but I will shell out a few more $ for UDPP.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Tesann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really though this product would be great, but I hate to say that I did not like it. It is too white. I thought that it was because I put too much on, but when I tried just a little on my lids, it still was to white. I could see it under my eyeshadow. I hate that I wasted so much money on this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought yet another today. I have used this and the other version, but found that one to be a bit too drying and I ended up with a white head on my eyelid. I like the way this feels on, not too heavy like other brands that I have tried. I like the packaging, how it is in a compact, not a tube with a wand. Overall, a good product. I will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by a237916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this everytime I want to look good all day. I know that if I apply it under my eye shadow in the morning, it will look the same before I take it off late that night. It's really good for eyeshadows that tend to flake off or go on too sheer too, as you can layer it more heavily without it caking or creasing. I have dry to normal skin and use the Automatic Shadow Base in the the case. I apply it lightly with a fingertip, then blend any lines away with a sponge before applying eyeshadow. Lasts forever since you need so little.

I'm sure you could get a similar effect with a concealer, but I've never found one with the same texture or staying power as the shadow base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

competes with the likes of urban decay and mary kay shadow primers. i love the automatic shadow base... my first one lasted me a year and a half! goes for $12 here. good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by fabuloust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you're tired of creasing or fading shadows-here's your solution. This shadow base lasts FOREVER so it's a great bargain. I like to put mine on with a concealer brush because I use the Automatic shadow base that comes in a little compact. Your eyeshadows will look so velvety and smooth for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2007 8:17:00 PM More reviews by myprettyshadesofpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin and my eyelids used to give me problems. My MN artist recommended I use this and I have loved it ever since (8 years or more!). I put this on and then go over it with BE Mineral Veil, however, this works well alone too (I used it w/o Mineral Veil until a few months ago with no problems).