September 16, 2014 | 1890 users online

Self Tanners - Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by shirene1

This is the most amazing spray tan I have ever used. People ask me all the time where I went on vacation. They don't believe me when I tell them it came from a can. lol. Usually the second or third time, they want to know all about it. It is a very natural color and the "green" others refer to is the result of not shaking the can long enough and/or spraying on too much. You have to shake it a really long time, I shake almost a minute the first time. Then about 10-20 sec after stopping longer than a few seconds. The only con I can think of is that my feet always get it on them. Ugh. I have tried wearing little socks, Vaseline, ect. Finally what I decided to do was to put on lotion and then carefully scrub my feet after and that seems to do the trick.
If you want the perfect spray tan, then here is what I do:
ALWAYS wear gloves.
The first spray out of the can is "thick", make sure that you hold the can as far away as you can for the first second or two. After that, I usually hold about 1-2 feet away and I am careful not to spray the tops of my feet directly, they get enough just when I spray my legs.
Also, the first time you spray, do it very lightly and then the second day, do more. If I haven't sprayed for a while. I usually do a 3-4 day build up for the perfect tan. I exfoliate like crazy before the first time and then usually on the third day and then I usually exfoliate every 2-3 days after that. I think to have a natural tan, you need to spray about every 3 days after you have built up a good base. Sometimes it looks a bit blotchy after I exfoliate, but when I wake up in the morning after spraying the night before, it looks great. I also spray my face, and I was VERY hesitant to do that because my skin is incredibly sensitive and I have reactions to everything. I did get 1 blemish when I first started, but thank goodness I continued with my face after that because I never had anymore trouble, You need to refrain from spraying too heavy because then it will not look natural at all and it wastes so much of the spray that it isn't worth it. Also worth mentioning is that I am very, very white when not spray tanning and it worked great for me, so don't let that hold you back. I am fairly dark now and every says I look great. Have fun....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ExoticAlbinoAgain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As stated in previous reviews...I am on the hunt for the perfect sunless tanner. Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan is pretty damn good with very few flaws.

Pros:
-Dries completely, your skin won't be left with a tacky greasy feeling. I even applied this to my acne prone face with no issues.
-LONG LASTING. I love that about this product. FakeBake washed off within 1 shower..this sunless tanner required some serious scrubbing. So I could possibly apply it to my body once a week, & to my face every other day with very little maintenance.
-Built in layer of bronzer/colorguide so you know where it's been applied - no streaks!
-Somewhat natural color. It *does* have a green tint...but you shower that off. & the remaining color *is* somewhat orangey--- but I've definitely seen WAY worse. I am NC10/super pale with warm undertones so I doubt many sunless tanners out there would look 100% natural on me. This is okay, it doesn't SCREAM "spray tan!!!" on me.
-Super cheap! I am in shock at how inexpensive it was with the airgun. Even better, the refills are even cheaper. :)
------------------
The only con is the scent. This does have that dreaded self-tanner smell. :( HOWEVER, it's not extremely strong. Most wouldn't even notice it. Jergens Sunless Tanner is WAY WORSE. But... after smelling FakeBake I *know* it is possible to find sunless tanners without the rotten egg scent.

I will keep searching. Unless I find a way to make the scent go away. Maybe I'll find some cheap vanilla lotions to mix in with this, diluting the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is the best at home tanner I have used . I have worked in tanning salons my whole life . I am a hairstylist with a tanning salon attached to our shop and I still use this product . here are my directions : shower and dry off step back in shower with the loaded spray gun shake and spray about 6-8 inches away from body once you ate done take an old towel and blot any heavy spots as this will stop any discoularation then moisturize once dried . I always wash my feet after I spray tan and I never do my face I use a darker foundation and powder to match . this kicks all others I have tried out of the water and I get 3-5 full body applications from it. I drive from Canada to the states to buy this product .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by elizabethcorso

Best self tanner I've ever used. Gives you the exact same darkening results as a professional spray tan, but at home. I do have some advice though: READ THE DIRECTIONS. I see so many reviewers saying that the product drips, leaves splotches, etc. but the directions say to constantly wipe the nozzle of the gun and hold 12 inches away from your body. I also noticed that the tan darkens over time. I'll spray myself at night and it doesn't look like a big change but when I wake up the next morning, I'm super bronzed. One bottle lasts me 2 weeks, so over time, yes the costs can add up. But definitely worth it. I will never stop using this unless they discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by JessalynD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this self tanner. It is the only one I will use!! I truely feel it is the closest thing to a Mystic Tan. So much cheaper than a tanning salon. Mega worth the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by dutchs22

I never got to try it. The gun wont work. Am I missing something? Batteries?? There is nothing written in either pamphlet about batteries. But nothing is happening!

I hate it when you have time to do this process (I have 2 young kids) and the product doesn't work. so aggravating!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by HRivera1923

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product since 2006, when it was still sold at Walgreens, lol. It.s simple to use, and great for back coverage! The green color is normal, and washes away. BE faux tan is the same way, along with many others. Very believable tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by javajunkie787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have only used this twice, so i will update again in a few weeks. So far I really like this as far as self tanners go. after tanning in beds for a while i decided to stop b/c of what it was doing to my skin, and i have been so pale for a year. self tanners made me look orangey or weird. i bought this on a whim.

this one is definitely brown not orange. it is a little shocking the first time b/c it looks a lot darker until you wash it off the next morning. it mists on nicely and doesn't streak if you dont let it. just make sure you wash your hands! i made the mistake of not doing this and my hands were a stained mess!

i only really need the tan on my face b/c my face turns so pale and the rest of my body has decent color. i didnt have any problem blending where i stopped onto my neck into where i started.

the price was really cheap 12.99 at sallys so thats a plus. it also doesnt smell like other self tanners. i use this in the shower so that it hits the shower wall behind me and then i wash the wall off as soon as im done. the instructions say to shake the bottle 15-20 seconds before use. be careful. i noticed the first time i did this when i was shaking it was getting on my walls and floors.. it does wipe right off though. it also says it doesnt stain clothes but i have yet to test this.

it is a little bit drying, i had some dryness on my face the nxt day after i used it. but overall it gave me the color i was looking for w/o being over the top or crazy orange. it was subtle to other people but noticeable to me. i think if i used it for a few weeks id develop a deep tan gradually. i would like to try it on my whole body but i am not sure how i would do it on my back and get this evenly all over so i havent attempted it yet.

will update again in a few weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by KaJaRa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It delivers a nice bronze, but a mistake that i made is that I didn't use gloves.. it left my palms stained.. I recommend using the gloves and tanning the surface of your palms last. Also it's hard to get your back.. Other than those cons I'm VERY pleased with the back from the Caribbean looking bronze and I will be purchasing this again and again ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by shannon83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have and will keep repurchasing this product. I use it every three to four day to keep a decent color and it is very easy for me to use. I personally don't think I could spray myself right so I just spray some in a container and I use makeup sponges and apply it on myself that way. I think the color comes out better that way and it doesn't really take that long to do. I think it helps to conserve the spray too, it doesn't really use that much when you are wiping it on. The color comes out very nice and natural on me. Brown and tan, not orange and fake like most tanners i have used. It fades really naturally on me, as long as you exfoliate well you shouldn't get any chips or breaks in color when fading. I highly recommend this to everyone. It is the best I have found and I have used a lot of tanners. I am pale white and cannot tan in the sun to save my life. So these tanners are my only option, because skin cancer runs in my family so I don't want to go to the tanning bed.