Paula's Choice SPF 30 Normal to Oily Waterproof Sunscreen

2.7

Not tested on animals

on 12/21/2011 11:22:00 PM

I am a huge fan of PC, and I love this stuff. I bought it to try it out this summer when it was 1/2 off. It ended up being the only sunscreen I could get my teenage boys to use (they hate feeling greasy). I hate feeling greasy, too! This stuff goes on like a body oil. At first if feels kind of yucky. For someone with oily skin and breakouts, it feels very counter intuitive to put something oily on your face. But then it soaks in and disappears. Added bonus: It makes skin so silky soft it's ridiculous. My arms have been feeling rough the last couple years, but not now. I have actually been using it on my face now, too. It is VERY shiny when you first put it on, but then it soaks in pretty well. Silicone based foundation glides over it very nicely. As long as I set with some powder, the shine is under control. But it never feels heavy or sticky or greasy. Love it. It was a surprise favorite for me.

on 7/4/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Used it for a while but it made my skin tingle. It was too late to return it. Did not like the consistency.

on 4/7/2007 3:29:00 AM

Smells BAD!!!!! Consistency is thick and gives a shiny finish. Won't repurchase. I recommened Neutrogena Ultra soft instead of this.

on 4/10/2006 8:25:00 AM

breaks me out totally.
Felt really heavy on my face and seriously sticky. Very uncomfortable.
It faired better as a body sunscreen

on 3/21/2005 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Paula went through a lot of time and trouble to reformulate this product, and sad to say, the sunscreen now performs even worse than it did before the reformulation. It still looks extremely greasy and shiny on the face, but for some reason, this product also caused me to break out. I never really break out! Anyway, I definitely will not repurchase this product.

on 3/21/2005 3:13:00 PM

I thought that the ingredients were great and that this would be THE s/s, but it broke me out badly. generally the texture was pretty oily and after a while, my face was still as shiny as before. Guess my forehead, which is already oily, couldn't take it and protested. am using LRP now.

on 2/9/2003 9:17:00 AM

I've used this on my body only since it's definitely too greasy for my face and has been known to sting a bit around my eyes. I also dislike the gasoline-like smell. Prefer Murad's waterproof SPF 30.

on 11/11/2002 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Terrible product. Left my skin way to greasy which didn't help my acne prone skin.

Wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 10/17/2002 2:13:00 AM

Has a chemical taste and will sting your eyes - a pet peeve of mine with sunscreens. Plus, it is hard to get it out of the hard bottle!

Try skinceuticals ultimate uv defence 30 for a month and compare - your old spots will fade, your eyes won't sting, and you won't taste like chemicals. For something lighter - estee lauder day wear 15 is super, soaks right in and smells like cucumber (yummy).

on 9/24/2002 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Although I love most PC products, I didn't like this one. I found that it left my face super slick and shiny even when I applied just a tiny bit. I don't think that it's wise to skimp on sunscreen, but this left me so greasy. I also did not like the chemical smell.

Popular Treatments (Face)