L'Oreal Excellence Creme Blonde Supreme in Extra Light Natural Blonde

3.7

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this dye to re-freshen my current blonde shade which is a light-medium neutral blonde. My hair is naturally a light-medium brown shade with warm undertones which I had bleached it to lift it to my desired shade. I decided to use this dye because I wanted my hair to be slightly lighter and since it is high lift dye, it could actually do that (regular strength hair dyes will NOT lift already coloured hair). I mixed up the dye in a plastic bowl with a brush because it is easier to be precise with the brush and bowl method. The directions for my hair indicated that I should start with the roots, pull the colour through the ends of my hair and leave on to develop for 30 minutes. If your hair is already your desired shade, or ever so slightly darker than you desired shade, I do not recommend following those directions. I did my roots first and let the dye develop on my roots for 15 minutes. After those 15 minutes passed, I applied most of the remaining dye throughout the lengths of my hair. I let the colour develop for 10 minutes and then applied the remaining dye to my ends for 5 minutes. The reason I followed these steps is because my lengths and ends were already blonde and therefore didn't need full developing time. When colouring hair, as you move down the strand, hair will start to pick up colour faster because it is more porous and takes to the colour more easily. I imagine leaving the dye on your entire head for the full developing time is why a lot of people ended up with blue/gray hair. If you are starting with virgin hair, then definitely leave the colour on for the full developing time but if your hair is already the correct shade and just needs to be refreshed, tailor your developing time to suit the needs of your hair. The end result from following my routine left my brown roots a fairly light blonde shade but they are slightly brassy. The lengths and ends of my hair though are a nice light, cooled toned and importantly, even blonde colour. If you have medium brown or darker hair, I would probably say to skip this dye and go straight for bleach and toner because you can alter the product to meet your needs but if you're just looking to refresh the colour you currently have, or to lighten hair that is naturally fairly light (light brown and lighter) this might be a good option for you.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased a natural blonde instead of an ash blonde because my hair is overprocessed and i was scared that it would go blue/purple/grey. Before dying with this shade, my hair was a level 9 with lots of yellow tones and 0,5cm of virgin roots (my hair is naturally a dark ash blonde)
I did the lengths first for 10 min and did the roots and waited 20 more minutes.
Overall i would say my hair has SLIGHTLY lifted to a beautiful champagne blonde, no brassiness, minimum damage (my hair is short and i've been deep conditioning like crazy)
It's even roots and ends so that's a +++
Overall i love the result, although i was expecting a bit more lift (like a shade lighter?) but i think it's a developer 20 and not 30 like some people say. "High lift" is just a marketing tool. I might try to buy this shade with a separate developer 30 and mix the two.

So about a month ago i decided to go blonde. I did use l'oreal excellence creme in champagne blonde the last time i dyed my hair, and it came out great. However, this time around i wanted something a little more blonder, and brighter. I have extremely hard water in my home and my hair was looking pretty brassy also, so i was worried i wouldnt be able to get the brassy tones out my hair. I saw this, read reviews online and decided to try it. I'm glad i did. It came out perfect. Not as blonde as the color on the box, but it was def more blonde than before and no brassy tones at all! I had about half an inch of new root regrowth too, and my roots blended perfectly with the rest of my hair (and my natural hair is a medium brown). l'oreal excellence creme have not let me down yet, and i will continue to buy. And for about $7 a box, to get beautiful blonde hair thats not brassy, that, to me, is well worth it!

A little background info: I used to have dark brown hair. I went to the salon three different times and got hi-lights in order to turn blonde gradually and not destroy my hair. After appointment #3, my hair was mostly blonde with some dark hair left. In order to save some money, I decided to touch up my blonde with a semi perm blonde. I used the lightest shade of semi perm blonde that "Healthy Look" offered. My hair turned light brown. I was devastated! I went with 'Color Oops' and it took out most of the brown, but my hair was left all one color, a very brassy dark blonde. I tried to use a purple toner with 20 volume base, but it did not work at all. Days later after I couldn't stand my hair any longer, I picked this up at Target. I applied it on freshly washed/dried hair. I applied all of the serum on my lengths, then applied color on the lengths, and did my roots the last. I kept it on for about 50 minutes. Rinsing was fairly easy. The conditioner included made my hair soft and shiny. My hair does not seem more damaged. As for the color, it is not as light as the picture on the box, but it is lighter and no more brassiness. I will repeat the whole head application in 6 weeks to lighten my hair further. All in all, I am happy with the results.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this stuff turns my natural hair (which is pretty light blonde all ready and bleaches out in the sun) a birght beautiful blonde thats actually lighter (like a paris hilton/gwen stefani blonde) i love it and it looks totally natural and because my hair is naturally low lighted i get some undertones in my hair that arent too noticable but look great gives my haie lots of depth and its onlt 5 dollars and i normally have a 2 or 3 dollar off coupon from the paper

This hair color is awful. I have dark blonde hair with highlights. I left this on for a little over 30 minutes. My roots turned a light ORANGE and slightly lightened the rest of my hair. Maybe I shouldn't have left it on my roots as long as the rest of my hair, or I should have left it longer? I don't know but I hate this stuff!!!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely HATE this hair colour. I have always dyed my hair myself and NEVER EVER have i ended up with purpleish/greyish awful looking hair.it was supposed to be blonde. first of all i look a LOT darker than i was before. and it really does look kind of purpleish...i have used garnier and clairol and almost alllll the other store brands and never have i ended up with hair like that.this is also the most expensive hair dye i have bought( 7 pounds) and i couldnt be more dissappointed.will never buy again.

'Hi-Lift' my butt! This stuff couldn't hi-lift Madonna's bra off the top of mount everest! It only managed to take my medium auburn hair to a dark strawberry blonde.. a difference of about half a shade! Bah! Ah well, better luck next time. On the plus side, it didn't seem to do any damage anyway (to my hair that is, nevermind my debit card!).

Okay, so i never dye my own hair, it is hard enough for my colorist in NY to get my color right. But....i recently went to another colorist in MD (i live in md but go to NY to get my hair done) and i thought i wanted lowlights, but yuck, the top color i liked but the underneath color was brassy. I also needed my roots touched up so I decided to do it myself. I reviewed the products on here and decided with this one. I put it on my underneath hair for 35 minutes, and my roots for 10 (my hair pulls color quickly) then i ran pulled it through my whole head for 5 minutes. I washed and conditioned and its great. The color is light blond, no brassiness. It really came out great. I totally recommend it. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Another great L'Oreal product! Left my hair with very little damage and a beautiful light neutral blonde color with no brassiness. No more salon visits for me! My salon appointments will be in my bathroom with Excellence from now on! The fumes are fairly strong, but this does not sting or burn my scalp at all - and I am confident with the results I will get, I am not afraid of getting bright orange or butter blonde yellow hair. A winner in my book, and I've been dying for 17 years!!!! The key to getting good results with it is to leave it on longer than the box says. I leave it on for an hour to avoid brassiness!