October 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Excellence Creme Blonde Supreme in Extra Light Natural Blonde

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by lorena88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So about a month ago i decided to go blonde. I did use l'oreal excellence creme in champagne blonde the last time i dyed my hair, and it came out great. However, this time around i wanted something a little more blonder, and brighter. I have extremely hard water in my home and my hair was looking pretty brassy also, so i was worried i wouldnt be able to get the brassy tones out my hair. I saw this, read reviews online and decided to try it. I'm glad i did. It came out perfect. Not as blonde as the color on the box, but it was def more blonde than before and no brassy tones at all! I had about half an inch of new root regrowth too, and my roots blended perfectly with the rest of my hair (and my natural hair is a medium brown). l'oreal excellence creme have not let me down yet, and i will continue to buy. And for about $7 a box, to get beautiful blonde hair thats not brassy, that, to me, is well worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

A little background info: I used to have dark brown hair. I went to the salon three different times and got hi-lights in order to turn blonde gradually and not destroy my hair. After appointment #3, my hair was mostly blonde with some dark hair left. In order to save some money, I decided to touch up my blonde with a semi perm blonde. I used the lightest shade of semi perm blonde that "Healthy Look" offered. My hair turned light brown. I was devastated! I went with 'Color Oops' and it took out most of the brown, but my hair was left all one color, a very brassy dark blonde. I tried to use a purple toner with 20 volume base, but it did not work at all. Days later after I couldn't stand my hair any longer, I picked this up at Target. I applied it on freshly washed/dried hair. I applied all of the serum on my lengths, then applied color on the lengths, and did my roots the last. I kept it on for about 50 minutes. Rinsing was fairly easy. The conditioner included made my hair soft and shiny. My hair does not seem more damaged. As for the color, it is not as light as the picture on the box, but it is lighter and no more brassiness. I will repeat the whole head application in 6 weeks to lighten my hair further. All in all, I am happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by typicalprototype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this stuff turns my natural hair (which is pretty light blonde all ready and bleaches out in the sun) a birght beautiful blonde thats actually lighter (like a paris hilton/gwen stefani blonde) i love it and it looks totally natural and because my hair is naturally low lighted i get some undertones in my hair that arent too noticable but look great gives my haie lots of depth and its onlt 5 dollars and i normally have a 2 or 3 dollar off coupon from the paper

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by dukiegirl3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This hair color is awful. I have dark blonde hair with highlights. I left this on for a little over 30 minutes. My roots turned a light ORANGE and slightly lightened the rest of my hair. Maybe I shouldn't have left it on my roots as long as the rest of my hair, or I should have left it longer? I don't know but I hate this stuff!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by tiina009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely HATE this hair colour. I have always dyed my hair myself and NEVER EVER have i ended up with purpleish/greyish awful looking hair.it was supposed to be blonde. first of all i look a LOT darker than i was before. and it really does look kind of purpleish...i have used garnier and clairol and almost alllll the other store brands and never have i ended up with hair like that.this is also the most expensive hair dye i have bought( 7 pounds) and i couldnt be more dissappointed.will never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by starlequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

'Hi-Lift' my butt! This stuff couldn't hi-lift Madonna's bra off the top of mount everest! It only managed to take my medium auburn hair to a dark strawberry blonde.. a difference of about half a shade! Bah! Ah well, better luck next time. On the plus side, it didn't seem to do any damage anyway (to my hair that is, nevermind my debit card!).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kdorgan4

Okay, so i never dye my own hair, it is hard enough for my colorist in NY to get my color right. But....i recently went to another colorist in MD (i live in md but go to NY to get my hair done) and i thought i wanted lowlights, but yuck, the top color i liked but the underneath color was brassy. I also needed my roots touched up so I decided to do it myself. I reviewed the products on here and decided with this one. I put it on my underneath hair for 35 minutes, and my roots for 10 (my hair pulls color quickly) then i ran pulled it through my whole head for 5 minutes. I washed and conditioned and its great. The color is light blond, no brassiness. It really came out great. I totally recommend it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by piscesenchantress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another great L'Oreal product! Left my hair with very little damage and a beautiful light neutral blonde color with no brassiness. No more salon visits for me! My salon appointments will be in my bathroom with Excellence from now on! The fumes are fairly strong, but this does not sting or burn my scalp at all - and I am confident with the results I will get, I am not afraid of getting bright orange or butter blonde yellow hair. A winner in my book, and I've been dying for 17 years!!!! The key to getting good results with it is to leave it on longer than the box says. I leave it on for an hour to avoid brassiness!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by bombshell1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been eyeing this color in the drug store, but hestitated in purchasing it because I was afraid it was going to be too light on me. I had been using Clairol Natural Instincts in Sahara (the lightest blonde shade) and that has turned out really blonde on me (blonder than the girl on the box). I loved the shade but wanted to try L'Oreal since they don't test on animals - Clairol tests on animals and I wanted to discontinue using it. I was pleasantly surprised with this. The color came out really blonde, but beautiful - no red tones at all, which sometimes I have gotten from past coloring. It did not kill my hair and dry it out, and application was easy - no dripping just like the box said. I will totally continue purchasing and using this - I naturally have dirty blonde hair and I got great results, however I don't know how this would turn out with someone with darker hair trying to go blonde. The only real complaint I have with this is that the fumes are alot stronger than the Clairol product - however, the Clairol product was only semi-permanent, and this was a permanent color that was high lift (which usually means that bleach is somehow involved) so I guess stronger fumes are to be expected. Overall, really happy and will re-purchase :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No