Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Gloss (all)

3.8

on 7/16/2015 10:57:00 PM

OMG the cherry one is life lol! I love it, pretty sheer red color, glitter, and sooo yummy!

I'm not a big lipgloss person, but I happened to stumble upon VS's semi-annual sale and a few of these glosses were lying around in a big box, waiting for someone to pay $2.50 for them. So I did, and I believe $2.50 is all these glosses are worth. Paying anything more would just be stupiditiy on anybody's part. The color is very sheer; what it looks like in the tube is not how it will ever look on your lips. The consistency is a bit too sticky, but not terribly tacky to me. However, I'd hate to see how your lips stick to your hair if you were to wear this and go outside during a high breeze.

They smell pretty awesome, and they taste OK. Overall, they're average as far as a lipgloss is concerned. I'm more of a lipstick person though.

on 12/30/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got it for Christmas. Made my lips peel badly. Gave it away. :-(

on 12/25/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Smells sooooo good and is glossy but doesnt have much color and its sticky.

on 5/21/2014 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I wish I hasn't torn off the labels of these, I wish I could name the names but these are def my HG l/g!!! I love the feel/texture & thickness; the flavors are to die for, & I love anything glittery. Mine all look subtly different from each other when applied, but but a basic light pink w glitter in descending tones of brightness. I just adore these & plan to buy more as soon as I can!! Love! Love!! Love!!! I love VS cosmetics in general, def no complaints here.... I keep one of these glosses in my purse at all times. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Let me start of by saying that I am *not* a VS fan...at all, but I can't deny a good product when I find one. The Beauty Rush glosses have been my favorite glosses for years now. Why? Because I love the squeeze tube, slant tip which makes application a breeze, most of the flavors are at least tolerable, if not good, they condition my lips, they look great straight out of the tube and even as they wear away.

What's not so great:
They don't last long: they're just a standard gloss that requires frequent touch ups. There also isn't much color payoff…I mean, really, if you're struggling between which hot pink to get, let me tell you, it doesn't matter all that much because chances are, there will only be the slightest differences in the nuances of the color once on your lips (especially if your lips are pigmented), and you will probably be the only one who notices.

Different flavors for different colors, some are shimmer, some seem like they have glitter in them, others are just a regular gloss. Almost always on special 4/$20, 2/$15, and regularly $10 a pop (which is a ridiculous price, do not pay $10 for one of these!) My favorites are Mocktail Hour (SO loves the smell and taste of this one): a very shimmery nude, Cherry Bomb-a medium red with tiny glitter, and Juiced Berry.

on 5/6/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I Have countless of those, and i love them all.
My husband loves the taste, i get a lot of kisses when i'm with them.. Lol!
The shine doesn't transfer a lot, what i think is great, because when i'm using MAC Dazzelglass my DH has glittler basically all over his face,because he tries to take it off and it actually gets worse.
They are not so sticky too.
So it's a good choice when your'r looking for a basic gloss with good taste and one that doesn't let your BF with makeup on.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

WAY too sticky for me. but the scent (chocolate) drives my husband wild and uhh--puts him in the mood, no joke. so ladies, go get it! the shimmer and shine from it is top notch but god damn is it way too sticky.

on 2/27/2014 2:14:00 AM

I probably won't lie if I say these were the worst glosses I have ever bought!

I got hooked on the promotion and I generally don't mind having an extra lipgloss in my kit, but these were so disappointing.

Texture: texture felt quite tacky and weird. By weird I mean - the gloss would drag along to the tube like saliva and feel even weirder on the lips. Whenever I would press my lips together - the gloss was just clumping together creating a bit fat mess!

Smell: I quite liked the smell actually.

Result: couldn't even use it twice. I was stupid enough to purchase two of these and both had such a crazy formulation! I had to toss them right away and it is upsetting because I really wanted to love them and use them, they looked and smelled nice. But texture just killed it!

Don't recommend these to anyone.

For more candid in-depth reviews on other beauty/makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

on 10/14/2013 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros: gives a beautiful luxurious shine, leaves a sweet kissable taste to your lips, and I love the packaging.

Cons: Can be very sticky, doesn't last long or moisturize very well, chunky glitter, and the price is overrated.

Recommended for Medium Skin