Avon ANEW RETROACTIVE Skin Optimizer [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 2/17/2009 3:57:00 PM

I love this stuff! I've been using it for a couple years now and it is just the ultimate perfector. I did have a little trouble with it at first, so here is how it works best for me. I apply this to my freshly cleansed skin, before my mosturizer. It makes my pores look smaller, my skin tone more even and sooths my rosacea.

I didn't like this product at first becuase I originally applied it over my mosturizer as indicated on the bottle... it seemed to pillup on my face and would kind of peel off when i applied my make up. but when i use it under my mosturizer it works great!

on 2/15/2009 11:16:00 AM

This product is a nice combination of primer and light-diffusing lotion. It has a nice scent and slips over the skin to leave it refreshed and ready for makeup.

I treat it like a primer, and I haven't experienced Avon's claims that "In just 1 week 98% of users said their skin felt refinished and 96% saw more radiant skin."

Overall: Nice primer with some opalescent light-diffusing properties and a pretty scent.

on 8/25/2008 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

the only things positive i can say about this product, is that it comes in a pump, so maintains its freshness longer, as well as stays relatively bacteria-free. additionally, it has a nice gel quality that doesn't make my oily skin break out or become more oily.
i noticed zero differences with my skin, and i did faithfully use a full-sized bottle.
the price was good, because I bought it off of E-bay. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i luuuuuuv this stuff!! it helps that i bought it on sale bt still its amazing! erases shines completely with NO tight, dry feeling or look. instead skin just looks smooth, soft, shine free and even! its like a reallllllyyyy gud primer+skincare solution in 1. will DEFINITELY repurchase.

on 2/28/2008 6:39:00 PM

I'm not really positive what this is supposed to do, but for me, it didn't do much. I agree, it has a strong smell. It didn't make my face break out, but I saw now before and after difference.

on 1/19/2008 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great product! I've tried lots of similar products (from EL to Olay) but none have given me the results this one has. It makes my skin a smooth canvas for makeup and sometimes I even use it at bedtime because I know I won't wake up with an oily face. Gives a pearlescent finish to the face (much like EL Idealist but waaaaay cheaper). HIGHLY recommended!

on 10/4/2007 9:29:00 PM

I really want to like this product... it was a good bargain, the pump was ideal, it left my skin looking great and feeling soft... not greasy at all. But after a week I started breaking out in whiteheads... ugh! This product would have been great if not for the breakouts.

on 9/23/2007 9:43:00 AM

It would be more accurate if this was posted under PRIMERS/CORRECTOR, because you apply this after you do your moisturizing in the AM, and right before foudation. It's a refinisher.
I really like this product....it totally seals up my pores and lets my foundation go on very smooth. It transforms your skin into a smooth canvas. I really see no big difference in this and the EL (Idealist) refinisher I've used for almost 3 years, although of course this one is much cheaper, especially when Avon runs one of those Anew savings deals.

on 8/31/2007 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a sparkley pink primer for the face, the pink disappears into my medium skintone giving me a dewy sheen. After I put on my foundation, the sheen does away and it just fills in my pores so my face doesnt look crater like after my foundation. And it works really well, one of the best serum primers I have ever used. Doesnt burn on my sensitive areas, doesnt dry me out (because some serums do), and doesnt break me out on my oily prone skin. I do still have to blot 2 times a day because its makes my face a lil slick. I bought this for 2 for $15 originally its $22 each but you can get it on sale every now and then. Again, very good stuff.

on 8/11/2007 10:43:00 PM

Yikes. I had reaction to this stuff. Avon's face products are too perfumey. I even did a half face test against another product and the side of my face with this on it developed small bumps all over it. I have sensitive skin but I have only experienced this one other time before. The product feels nice going on and has a pearlescent sheen to it that give a glowing effect. I will not repurchase for obvious reasons, though.

Popular Treatments (Face)