Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Oil Body Cream

3.7

on 7/6/2009 6:33:00 AM

I love its smell and I usually use in in the night, after shower. I will purchase it again, of course!

on 9/15/2008 2:06:00 AM

Nice soft almond fragrance that isn't too sweet, if you know what I mean. You have to, at least for me, really "work" the cream into your skin, but once you do you will stay super soft the whole day.

on 8/3/2005 1:41:00 PM

If it's almond you want, it's almond you definitely get with C&E's almond line. It's like bathing in liquid almonds - however, the scent isn't overpowering and I find the texture light (in comparison to my usual body creams, anyway. *ahem* Nut Body Butter) Still, I prefer the even lighter lotion version. Packaging is very bed and breakfast-y, if that makes any sense - it's soft, pastely, and right along the lines of what one would expect from Crabtree and Evelyn.

on 6/19/2005 9:33:00 PM

I love the scent of this! It's such a nice light almond scent! The cream is nice and moisturizing on my skin too. It's a huge jar for the price. My biggest complaint is that the scent doesn't last on my skin. I like a lotion that I smell hours later. This is definitely not that lotion. But I'll still buy it again for the scent alone.

on 8/22/2004 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Bought this too soon after trying a sample at the store. I'm disappointed with the lasting power of the almond scent (Caswell Massey makes the best Almond scented body line in comparison to Crabtree&Evelyn)...and the lotion base is rather thin. There's something in the ingredients that leaves my skin feeling like there's a film left behind (silicones perhaps?)....definitely stay away from this product if you have super dry skin. I'm going back to Caswell Massey's products.

on 11/11/2003 8:43:00 PM

I received this cream as a gift and absolutely love the smell. However, I find it too greasy even in the cold winter months. Even for my dry legs! My skin feels a bit sticky after putting it on, and even in the shower the next morning my body feels slimy. Having a hard time using it up (despite my love of the scent) and won't be purchasing when it's gone.

on 2/28/2003 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

love the almond smell...the cream makes my hands so soft...

on 1/31/2003 7:19:00 PM

I think I have found the perfect body cream for dreary winter months. A wonderful texture and a lifelike, inobtrusive almond scent (it does change, unfortunately, but the overall scent fades quickly--a plus) make this product great for layering with a variety of fragrances. As often is the case with C&E products, this cream is of excellent quality. No mineral oil or petrolatum that cheaper brands use--good for me since I try to avoid unnecessary inorganic chemicals in my skincare routine.

on 11/15/2002 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I couldn't stop smelling this at first. But then I realized that for some reason the scent seems to change on me after about a half hour of wear. Going from sweet almonds to old lady lotion! If you like this scent, which I do, try the shower gel which stays true!

on 11/10/2002 7:59:00 PM

If you like soft, powdery scents, then you'll love the Almond Oil scent from Crabtree and Evelyn. I have the lotion-it's not moisturizing enough. I suggest you buy the cream if you want any kind of moisturizing done. Esp since you pay about $10 for a bottle.

Top Rated Crabtree & Evelyn Products