August 31, 2014 | 960 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Invisible Acne Patch

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by simplyviki

Useless for its intended purpose. I was so disgusted with its complete lack of performance in its intended purpose that I did not use it long enough to tell you if it even works as an acne treatment, so I can't speak on that factor of it. This is supposed to form a layer over your blemish so that you can apply makeup to cover it. It's really tricky to use it, I tried dabbing it on with the tip of the stick (it's not very sensibly designed... it's like a lipstick shape, with a little hole in the middle, and you twist up the bottom of it so product comes out of the hole... there's no precision, I'd have liked a pen tip better), dabbing it on with my finger, painting it on with a brush, and dabbing it on with a q-tip. Nothing improved it. Even if you get it on smoothly, you have to wait for it to dry for a few minutes before you can apply makeup (I tried it both ways, letting it dry first, and even tried applying makeup right after applying this stuff, sorta blending the stuff with the makeup). After you get your makeup on, if you're lucky enough to get it on smoothly and almost cover the blemish, it keeps on drying. That's where the problem is. When it's dried to a certain point, it starts to peel off, along with the makeup intended to cover it, and in turn that peels off a thin layer of skin along with it (or whatever scabbing material you may have on a popped pimple or something) which makes the blemish turn even more red and noticeable.
It's a counterproductive product. I hate it. I have to throw it out because it does me no good. For acne treatment, I have other 2% salicylic acid products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by klban

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's very true, this is not something you would use under make up--peels, cakes and and is very visible. But not only does it work well as an overnite treatment--it works EXCEPTIONALLY well in conjunction with other acne treatments for overnite success with huge cystic zits. I put a dap of a stronger benzoyl peroxide treatment on any new emerging cystic Zit (my latest favorite is Ole Henriksens roll on blemish attack)and then "seal" it with this product. It keeps all the product in place overnite and the problematic zit is always much smaller and less painful in the morning. I am giving it a 4 becasue it works so well this way.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by leah9leah

I only attempted using this once. it did not work. After a short while the area actually looked worse than it would have if I'd just applied my makeup normally. It was gross and dry and scaly and peeling and flaky. The only reason I am writing a review is because I just ran across the tube while cleaning. It is not old or expired but inside the gel there seems to be some red-ish/orange-ish cloudy growth... It looks like cotton candy floating in there... I'm assuming it is some kind of bacteria or something. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this? Maybe it is something to consider before using or buying this product...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by saucymint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Surprisingly good spot treatment when you're desperate. For the past few weeks, my jawline has inexplicably broken out with horrible, painful cystic acne that would. not. go. away. Nothing I put on it was making a difference. On top of that, I had job interviews lined up, and no amount of cover-up could hide the warzone my skin had become. I was this-close to making an appointment with my dermatologist, but this stuff did the trick.

It's an orangey, clear gel that comes out of the narrow tube when you twist the cap. It dried in a minute or so, and it felt like my skin was covered with a thin protective film that was simultaneously drying out the blemishes. My makeup did go over the breakouts slightly more smoothly. I also used it as a spot treatment at night before I went to bed, and I think that's what made all the difference. Within a few days, my zits have miraculously shrunk down to almost nothing and the remaining redness is now easily concealed with makeup. It really, really worked. I think the secret is to use it both in the morning and at night. Two lippies off because it's not some kind of "miracle product" that makes zits completely disappear under makeup, as the packaging would have you believe. There also was some dryness and flakiness, but trust me, that was the least of my worries with my skin as out-of-control as it was. I'm just happy to have clear skin again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2008 7:31:00 AM More reviews by gelo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have to agree with happy_go_lucky75 entirely. this product sucks for what it's intended to do. instead i just used the remaining product for when i'm at home or overnight use. i actually like the applicator and that it's 2% salicylic acid since i'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide but it doesn't come with much product. it's only net wt 0.07 oz (1.9g).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2007 10:17:00 AM More reviews by happy_go_lucky75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I had read the reviews here before buying this. The idea of this product is great - it is supposed to form an invisible layer over a pimple to help makeup go on easier. And, to boot, it is supposed to treat the pimple at the same time. However, it simply doesn't work. I'm not looking for a miracle product and I'm not even looking for it to even out the surface of a pimple. I was hoping it would help the makeup look better on my skin. The "patch" it forms to make the pimple appear smoother? Uh, not so much. It's very visible!!! And it made my makeup look lighter in that area.

I've only tried this once and perhaps there's something I'm doing wrong. If anyone has suggestions, I'd gladly welcome it. Fortunately I tried it on one small pimple but it still managed to look like a flaky patch - the very thing I'm trying to avoid. (I use retin-A and if I have a pimple it's already kind of peeling no matter how much I moisturize so I'm really trying to find something that helps makeup look smooth in these areas. Any suggestions on what to use?) Anyway, that being said, I like the concept but this product...well, it just doesn't deliver. At all.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2007 6:02:00 AM More reviews by chinasmom

Did nothing, zip, zilch, nada for my pimples. It didn't not let you put make up over it and made you have a shiny spot on your face. Not worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mcarpio

okay, do the people that invent products ever really try to use what they invent?! I mean really, yes this was easy to apply and yes it dries to a shiny thin layer on your face, the second problem (besides the shiny spot on your face) is that when you try to put on make up it starts rubbing off. I will keeping searching for the HG of zit zappers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone (including me) was hoping that this would be like a Harry Potter invisibility cloak for pimples. Sadly, this "invisible patch" does not make the zit invisible. It did not even make it easier to apply makeup over it, as far as I could tell. It even made the area a little shiny.

However, when applied overnight, this stuff is great. It dries to cover and sort of "protect" the blemish (don't know if it really does, but it seems like it), and by the next morning, the pimple really is significantly smaller. In 2-3 nights, it's GONE. I must give it props for that. This works better and faster than BP, other BHA products, and even QHMJM (which has mysteriously stopped working for me).

A bit pricey for the small amount of product, and the ineffective gimmick, but I do like the fact that I can apply this without getting my fingertips goopy. :)

EDIT: This stuff leaks all over the place, even when stored upright! Which means more of this expensive product wasted! Minus 1 lippie, and I would not repurchase. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by audeespicey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rip-off. Like others on this board, I bought it because it seemed like a good idea -- flatten the pimple, put some cover stick over it, and feel human again.

No. It dries out the zit and surrounding skin to an incredible degree. I wound up with flaking product and flaking skin, so now, I'm looking a darned sight worse than I was.

Thoroughgoing waste of money. Will never go near another Clean & Clear product -- I'm turned off the entire line because of this experience. My Maybelline Pure Concealer cover with 2% salicylic acid does a beautiful job of concealing and healing an individual pimple. Right now, I can't figure out why I strayed from that!