October 23, 2014 | 1861 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive and Green Tea Soap

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was not for me and I really wanted to like it since it has two of my favorite ingredients to use in skincare. You get a good sized green bar, with green being my personal favorite color. It has a light, but nice smell. It rinsed clean off my skin and didn't leave any residue. Unfortunately, it also left the skin on my body dry in some places and feeling itchy on my legs. I used it on my face and didn't have any problems with dryness since my face is naturally oily, but it made my face red. I guess there is an ingredient in this that is not working out for me. Overall, it is a good soap alternative if you are worried about commercial soaps and it does its job of cleansing the skin. If you have dry skin, you should definitely follow with a moisturizer. If you have sensitive skin on your face and body, do a patch test or grab a different formulation from the line. I'm assuming aloe will be better for me and will try that one soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Vickysweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a good soap, don't buy the bigger ones cause they melt underneath, the smaller ones are the best, nice smell too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I have made a personal decision to make a conscious effort of introducing more and more organic and natural products into my life. I bought this 8 oz bar of soap for less than $4 (CAD). The scent, while it may be off-putting to some, I actually have grown to enjoy the earthy, green, clean scent. The bar is a lot bigger than your average soap, but not difficult to maneuver, even with my small hands. This soap is doing a wonderful job of keeping my back/shoulder breakouts at bay. I also use it on my face, I lather it up, rinse, and follow by a moisturizer.

PS. Store this bar of soap somewhere where you don't mind the slick, green colouring of it transfer, but yet still be breathable and dry!

I feel great knowing that products like this are formulated without any of those harmful, toxic "filler" ingredients. I will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Bcakes

these soaps are HG for me. they are the color green, was a bit odd at frist but now i don't mind at all and they are big, a good price, and healthy. i want to try alll of the scents. i like the honey one too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by maylias

I've been using this on my face and body for about one week in conjuction with Kiss My Face Olive & Aloe Moisturizer. It leaves me feeling very clean but moisturized, and I particularly love what this has done for my face. The scent leaves something to be desired but it's not strong or offensive in any way, just very natural. As others have mentioned, it's not the prettiest soap and it does get mushy quite easily, so be sure to keep it in a well-drained dish. The bar is enormous and I have a hard time moving it around in my small hands, so I've cut it in half and that has helped somewhat. Using this and the KMF Olive & Aloe Moisturizer together has allowed me to vastly simplify my routine, and I have much less in the way of stuff to carry along when I travel. Update 11/11/08: too drying for winter, on both face and body.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by playkitty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this soap. Love love love it. Sure, it's green (which personally, I like), and it smells funky (which I've also grown to like), but the bottom line is.. it works. I didn't know a $2 bar of soap would make my skin glow. My skin is smoother than ever. I always go back to using it because it makes me so smooth and clean. I even have less breakouts on my face. Now I only need to use powder because my skin is so radiant.

It's natural, no animal testing, and comes in an environmentally friendly package. Plus, it's $2!!! That's pocket change!! Pocket change, people! And it makes your skin clean and baby smooth! That's the price of some high-end samples.. for a whopping 4oz bar of soap! Why wouldn't you want to try it at that price? :P

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2006 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Kiscica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a natural, non-toxic cleanser for my body and after realizing most body washes are full of toxic stuff, decided to try this. Pleasantly surprised! It does not leave any moisturizing film but does not dry the skin either and my skin seems to like it better as it does not irritate my sensitive/itchy skin at all. The smell is the only thing that is not great... it smells kind of like olives... of course :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2006 2:30:00 AM More reviews by neicy81

I tried this on a whim and I love it. I got the 8 oz bar so it will last me a pretty long time. This gets my skin very clean and leaves it feeling very smooth too. The smell is not good, but not bad either. I have noticed minimal breakouts as well since using this. I would definitely repurchase this.