September 2, 2014 | 1898 users online

Shampoo - The Soap Works - Shampoo and Conditioner Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Meganxoxo24

Firstly: I have medium length, super thick, semi dry hair (immediately after shampooing & oily after a day of normal activity.

I happened upon this product while browsing around my local Bulk Barn (Canada). I was optimistically cautious when I first seen this but decided to take a chance on it because I travel frequently and I'm always looking for simpler/smaller products.
I assumed correctly that I would need another conditioner on top of this, as I do with all shampoos, regardless of whether they are moisturizing or not. So others with normal hair types might find this perfect without additional conditioner.

Anyway, I LOVE this. It lathers easily enough, (I rub it on my wet hair), then add my conditioner (whichever brand is on sale in the drugstore). My hair feels incredible. Its so soft and doesn't get oily at the end of the day!!! I can easily wash my hair every second day if I wanted! And bonus, these products aren't tested on animals and they are only $2.09CAD!!! Also they don't come in fancy packaging (keeping costs low and is environmentally friendly)!

I will never buy another bottle of shampoo again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 9:34:00 AM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: i recommended this to a friend.. she has long super thin hair, didn't like this product as it left her with a sort of stiffness/coating.. not too much but she likes her hair feeling baby-fine. So: i think this is still a great product especially if you have short hair. Anything longer than above your shoulders and this may not be the one for you. Here's my original review:?O!M!G! i cannot believe this little cheapo bar of soap - used for Shampoo/Conditioner is so AMAZINGLY GOOD!!! i'm utterly utterly blown away!! i can't get over it!It's gotten cold over here in Canada, and inevitably i get a flaky scalp. i've tried so many shampoos, but honey... this one leaves me flake-free. That was the bonus to this shampoo bar. Other than that: nicely scented- not flowers/fruit etc.. just a nice scent that doesn't overpower or seem un-natural, lathers extremely well, is Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate free, rinses well, leaves hair nicely conditioned (but you can follow up with a separate conditioner if you really really want to), and is SO CHEAP! This bar cost me $1.80 CAD and will last for a good 2-3months.. that's with both my hubs and i using it. We've got short hair. i've tried it both ways: lathering in my hands first and rubbing the bar straight on my head. It works either way, but lathering in my hands first is perfectly perfectly fine. i cannot believe how well this thing works! i mean, for years i passed this by.. thinking there's no way in heck this bar of soap for my hair will do it any good... it must be crap. i'm so impressed b/c this performs better than other regular liquid shampoos i've tried. Seriously. If you're in Canada or Toronto.. you've got to give it a try! Will repurchase forever! continued >>