December 19, 2014 | 1614 users online

Body Scrubs - Aveda - Caribbean Therapy Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Spiderkittens

This scrub leaves my skin baby-butt smooth. The only down-side is that the scrubby bits can be a bit scratchy on more sensitive areas of the body like the stomach and chest. However, I just scrub a bit lighter on sensitive areas. The price is horrendous, but the results are wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely scrub and does an effective job. The particles are really "scrubby" but not harsh and, as another reviewer stated, they don't dissolve the minute you put this on your wet skin. Just the scent of this makes it a treat to use and I love the fact that, at least in summer, this leaves enough moisture on skin (once rinsed off) that I can almost forego a separate moisturizer (the same can't be said in winter but that's the climate where I live). I'm not mad about the "tub" - I've had oil leak out when it hasn't been closed properly and in the shower, it can be difficult to use without getting water into the product. But it's so thick that I don't think a squeeze tube would work either. Anyway, pricey (like all Aveda stuff) but absolutely a repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by yanyan712

I like that the sugar scrub does not just melt away when contact with water, like many similar products do. The scrub is extremely effective leaving skin baby soft. The sugar particles are not particularly harsh so you don't feel like you are mistreating your skin. However, I need to use a regular bath soap to wash after the treatment, or else, I feel oily and unclean. This is definitely one of my favorite body scrubs!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by sueshine1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is so luxurious and yummy. The only reason I bought it was because I had a $60 gift card as and xmas gift. The price is now $50 (canadian) before tax (as of 2011), so I'd never buy it for myself with my own money. Wish I was rich because otherwise I'd get this all the time. Usually prefer gritier scrubs with nuts in them, but the salt and sugar is substantial enough to give a good scrub and the oils are heavenly and effective in leaving my skin feeling very moisturized. Aveda, why must you always be so overpriced!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by redredredlips

I love the tropical scent, I love what it does: a good scrub and a very smooth skin afterwards thanks to all the poils. But wow, this is just too expensive to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by luvtolaugh1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this body scrub, skin feels smooth and oily after (but oily in a good way, it sinks in.) I like the smell too. Only thing is it's really expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is expensive but it works really well and my skin feels fantastic after it. I did buy a product like it when I was in the USA in BBW but it was much smaller jar and was about $22 so it isn't a huge amount dearer in my opinion. I absolutely love the fragrance from this product. The whole bathroom smells amazing after it and my skin feels moisturised after using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sylviag818

t seems like everyone has a sugar based scrub these days, and Aveda is on the bandwagon too. Packaged in a tub and needing to be scooped out and slathered on either wet or dry, it has more benefits from the oil methinks than the sugar scrub. With a name like Carribbean Therapy, it does indeed sound a bit more upscale than a basic sugar meets oil scrub, but that is exactly what it is, with a faint scent of a Mojito. Which isnít a bad thing, really.

The bad thing is that you can buy a comparative product from Target for 1/10th of the price, and you really wonít be able to tell the difference. Aveda is by far one of my favorite products, but this one simply doesnít make me want to shell out the $38 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2006 1:05:00 PM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This scrub is amazing! It's a blend of sugar, salt and various oils and smells incedible; it's islandy and tropical without making you smell like a 13 year old wearing mango lip gloss. You just need a little bit and it does very well on dry patches on feet, elbows, etc. The only drawback? The $38.00 price tag....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by shapinup

I love that this scrub has very emollient oils, fantastic island fragrance, and a blend of sugar and sea salt. It's very exoliating for my dry skin. I don't even have to apply moisturizer after using this in the shower. The only drawback is the price.