November 23, 2014 | 1558 users online

Eye Shadow - Ulta - Eye Shadow - Golden Olive

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My experience with Ulta brand eye shadows in the past has been that the colors are gorgeous but the formulas are terrible: low pigmentation and gritty formula. However, I picked up Golden Olive in a makeup swap with a friend and I love it. The texture is smoother now and while the pigmentation is still not great, it makes a beautiful, slightly shimmery wash over another shadow or primer base. The color is gorgeous, exactly what it is named as, and looks really pretty with my green eyes. I like to wear it over UD Smog with a bit of Half-Baked in the crease. This one is definitely worth picking up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

This is a very pretty olive color with a green-gold sheen. I've never worn an olive eyeshadow before this one so I have nothing to compare it to, but I do think that it's subtle and light enough of a color to be worn as an overall wash by itself. Sometimes I mix it with Safari, which is the darker, more brown version of this color. (I think I have to be in a certain mood to wear it though, because on my NC25 Asian skin, it can make me look kind of tired.)

As for the application, I think that this eyeshadow is kind of sheer (I always have to add a second layer to get a good, intense color) and is a little hard to blend because it doesn't seem to want to budge once laid on. I probably won't be using it for complex looks though, so I don't mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by rawse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Am I the only one that had a little problem with this? It's a gorgeous natural olive but I felt like I had to pack it on to get it to show up, but that could just be my skintone. It's a great neutral color to spice it up instead of just boring browns and looks great with a darker green in the crease. I completely disagree with the person who said that it resembles UD's Mildew. In fact, I love wearing it with Mildew, but Mildew is much more a green.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lesca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this olive! I am NC20-25, and the ubiquitous taupe/brown smoky eyes have never looked good on me. Golden olive to the rescue! This shadow, smudged over a deep green or brown eyeliner, is the perfect smoky eye look for me. I actually find this shadow to be quite pigmented, but I always pair it with a base like cream shadow or kohl liner underneath. A little of this goes a long way on my small Asian lids; I use this once or twice a week and don't foresee running out anytime soon.

I picked mine up in a 3 for $10 sale at Ulta, so it was really cheap. There are often $5 off $10+ coupons for Ulta in Instyle magazine, so you can score this even cheaper.

The packaging is sturdy and functional - the clear lid allows you to see the color at a glance. It is a bit bulky (compared to, say, the flat packaging of MUFE singles) if you have a lot of e/s singles crammed in storage. I haven't tried depotting yet - anyone else have experience with this?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by totheheartbeats

Great for its price, but not comparable to UD, quality-wise. It's a great olive green, but not very pigmented. It can be built up or used sheer, and it does bring out my brown eyes. It's great for daytime on my NC25 Asian skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the nicest Ulta shadows, this is a beautiful, blendable olive green with quite a bit of gold shimmer. While I like this a lot, I prefer a new shade, Safari, for basic crease or liner wear as it is a shade or so darker & more bronzey.

Golden Olive is more an evening lid shade for me as it shows a lot of warm antique gold undertone on my skin. Golden Olive looks lovely with my brown eyes, particularly with gold liner (try Revlon's Antique Gold pencil which blends beautifully with this) but may be problematic on cooler skin tones (Safari is a better choice then as it is much more neutral in tone). The bottom row of this palette

http://img.makeupalley.com/9/2/2/5/1155728.JPG has Golden Olive next to Safari in the last two right hand slots; I've posted a larger pic of the two pans next to each other as well so you can compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

This is a gorgeous shade of green. It's a golden forest green shade that really brings out the eye color. I love greens because it makes my brown eyes stand out. It's not too shimmery, but it's beautiful and very silky.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by tisha_oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the other reviewers said, this is a great "green" for people who are about to give up on greens. The color is rich and subtle and works with many other colors. I have dark brown eyes and tried many shades of green, and this is my favorite and one of the very, very few I actually use. If you are even considering it I'd say give it a try, you will probably love it! Can be worn subtly in the daytime or made more dramatic at night, and very nice texture for its price range. I highly prefer this over Milani, which melt and crease on my skin in no time despite UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 5:37:00 AM More reviews by BelleandSebby

In my collection of Ulta eyeshadows, this and Plum Smoke are my favorites. Golden Olive looks just like its name suggests..it's a beautiful and natural olive green with hints of gold and brown. Needless to say, this shadow is a hazel-eyed girl's best friend. If you're afraid of greens, but somehow want to take the plunge, I'd recommend wearing this. It's not the most "in your face" color when compared with other greens, but someone noticeable enough to garner compliments.

I like to wear Golden Olive with Chianti, another Ulta shadow, in the crease and swiped lightly over the lid, and Flirt's eyeliner pencil, Brownie Points, for a really subtle smokey eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by jenirvt

LOVE LOVE LOVE this shadow. A perfect olive green that isn't "too green" if you know what I mean. It has a slightly metallic, shimmery brownish/gold undertone. It does go on a bit sheer, but that is ok because some layering can make it bold, or one swipe across the lid can make it nice and wearable in the daytime. Love it!!