April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Bronzers - Becca - Translucent Bronzing Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by vixxin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The bottom line is that this is a decent product, but it just doesn't show up very well. It can be layered for darker results, but it seems to take lot of layering, and that's kind of a pain. Once it shows up, the color is pretty nice (not too red or orange), and the consistency is nice and light...no breakouts either. I am going to play around with this a bit and add it to foundation and possibly try it on the body. As a straight out gel face bronzer it is not really cutting it...there are quite a few choices of these on the market these days, and many of them are better (and often cheaper) than this. Would be nice on super light skin tones who just want a touch of color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

If you're fair skinned and just need something that will make you look less pale, this would be a good choice. For actual "bronzing" it doesn't deliver. It's a thick gel that goes on a sheer chocolate brown. No glimmer, no sparkle, no hint of peach or pink. I tend to look sallow without any makeup on, so I rely on bronzers to perk up my complexion. This just made me look tired, and it's even worse under office fluorescent lighting. I do give it pluses for the simple formula -- minimal ingredients and this didn't irritate my sensitive skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do really like this product BUT it is very important to note my skin tone. I use Nars Mont Blanc, Fresh Northern Light and Becca Sand. So rather pale nuetral skin with freckles. This "Instant Temporary Tan" is quick and easy to use. Basically a thick gel that give a little color. It can be layered a bit for more color but honestly I think this only works well for fair to light skin tones and it is not going to give you a deep tan. Medium to dark skin should just pass because I don't think you will see much and the product is pricey. Can be used on body and does not seem to transfer but I have not full tested the product out for that. Good to mix with Becca's LSF if you get a bit of a tan so you don't have to buy the next darker shade or 2 during summer months. I like it but again only good for very fair to light tones and will give a very natural look. Is not orange at all, extremely natural.