August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Jason Natural Lavender Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by babalou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't find the scent of this light at all, or true to herbaceous lavender. To me it has a synthetic type of smell which lingers on my hair and hands. It isn't an unpleasant smell, just like salon shampoo & not for true lavender lovers. The last shampoo I used was Neal's Yard Remedies Lavender which was very natural, & also I don't use many fragranced products so maybe that explains why I find this so strong-smelling when other reviewers don't seem to.

The shampoo is a thick gel which lathers well and leaves hair reasonably but not very moisturised. If I follow bottle instructions & lather twice my hair feels stripped. I have had a little itching too. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very good shampoo. I think it works great and smells great. I have fine, thin hair, and I get a lot of body and shine from this. But, I'm always very careful about alternating brands and types and using a sulfate-free clarifying shampoo once or twice a week to remove build up. I've found that I've had to do this to keep my naturally flat hair fluffy and smooth and pretty regardless of whether there's sulfates or not, silicones or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by missrachelkennedy

I have been using this shampoo for a few months as it has been on the shelves at the Grocery Outlet in my town for super cheap. I like the light smell, though it's not very strong on the lavender - if you really want a lavender scent, this is not for you, but I like that it doesn't clash with my other hair products. This also lathers better for me than other Jason shampoos and I have had no problems such as builup, dryness, oiliness, etc.

It's a good shampoo though I don't know that I would ever buy it at full price. As long as it's on a good sale though, I don't see why not.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lectriceye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this stuff when I first tried it. I used it for a few months but then started to notice a waxy build up. I also decided to cut most silicone's so this shampoo didn't cut it. I didn't get much of a lavender smell either. It smelled more herbal to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

I love lavender and how relaxing the smell is. This shampoo works for me and just does it's job. It doesn't make my hair dry or tangled. It makes my showering time so much more relaxing. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Mattewis

I love the smell but that is about it. It lathers well for a natural product but I need to use a lot of it. It cleanses well but then a day later my hair is oily. It does make a residue. According to the label, it gives volume and I must say that is true! It does give a lot of bounce but it doesn't last long. It is OK.

Update: I stopped using it because my head itched like mad. Might be the lavender.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ohhhhh!! i like this!!I got it as JASON have launched a range of travel sized bottles of some of their products. For reference i have Long hair which is a little on the dry side - i get knotty ends in my hair too....as i hate having it trimmed. There is not an over powering smell of lavender from this shampoo - i like lavender but then again i dont like scents that linger on my hair as they clash with my perfume.As with most SLS free shampoos there is not a huge amount of lather - again no big deal as lather doesnt clean your hair!!Its a little thicker in consistancy than most shampoos which makes it a little harder to work into your hair - it rinses out well. This shampoo left my hair so shiny & moisturised right down to the tips - even the ends - which are usually knotty & tangled. It even gave a little volume. I will be buying this again. ( i used it in tandem with the conditioner - which i reviewed too).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I used this for 9 months. This lathers really well for a natural shampoo, smells great too, but this has cones in it, which makes the top part of my hair really oily by the next morning. If you like cones then this is a good shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by polkaranger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my absolute favorites.
I alternate this one with Dove.
5 stars!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by aalto

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I decided to jump on the no-sulfate bandwagon and see if I notice any improvement in my color-treated, damaged hair. After trying several that deposited a residue, leaving my hair feeling dirty, this shampoo seems to deliver! It does the job of cleaning and leaves my hair soft. The scent is also very nice, not overpowering, and it doesnít linger. I might try the matching conditioner since itís received good reviews.
UPDATE: After a few more uses, I started to feel a residue on my hair. I saw that one of the ingredients is a silicone so I think that's the culprit! So I continue my search for the right shampoo....