July 31, 2014 | 1291 users online

Lip Gloss - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I hated Benetint and saw this online some time ago (was not available in Cda at the time because some of the ingredients were banned for use in cosmetics, not sure if it is sold there now because I stopped using Benefit altogether after too many fails) thinking it might be more pigmented. Went to Sephora in Toronto and got the speech about it not being sold in Cda- however the SA claimed it was 'more pigmented and easier to use on cheeks'. Uh-huh right. I picked it up on a work trip to the US and it sucks. This is just your average tinted lip balm. No staying power, too greasy for cheeks and smells bad. Its not worth the money. I prefer my cheaper and way better quality TonyMoly CatChu wink cherry lip stain topped with balm. Another Benefit fit for only the bin. Never again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The color is okay but the packaging ruins it all and it's just too expensive. It isn't practical and after 6 months or so, it smelt different.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by hellothisislucy

I use this during the day when I'm on holiday because of the SPF, it's quite moisturising and I like the colour it gives, defiantly in my must have holiday items !

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product as I had tried thehighlighter in pearlescent pink and really liked it so I thought I would give this a try as I really like the contrast of red lip color next to pale light yellow skin as it helps to accentuate the yellow by providing contrast.

When I applied this product it burned my lips and made them really dry and dehydrated as though I had put a chemical acid on my lips.the texture was like a thinned out nailpolish that had been mixed with turpentine and that's what it smelled like also.when I applied the product it had the same effect as nail varnish that hasn't quite dried getting caught and smear across the nail.now I'm aware some of the products I was using in the past may have been contaminated with corrosive chemicals and I don't want to review this product without giving you this information that was part of my life experience I was used for because it would be unfair to the manufacturers of benefit and their shareholders and stakeholders and all the people who are working in jobs to produce advertise and sell these products.I would recommended trying the product at the sales counter before you buy and smelling it to see if it smells like something that has been designed to destroy your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff so much! I've been using it for years and have never found anything else that even comes close. I love the scent, it reminds me of roses. You get a great reddish pink color out of it and even once the glossy sheen is gone, the color remains. I only have to reapply it maybe once a day. It makes my lips super soft too. I wish it came in a squeeze tube instead of a glass jar. I have to use a q tip to apply it since I have really long nails, but other than that love love love. I've been buying it for years and will continue to do so as long as its available.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by juno2509

Me encanta este producto, pero lo que no me gusta nada es que al hundir el dedo , muchas veces se te queda producto en las uņas, y solo por eso me da mucha pereza utilizarlo.Pero el color y el olor me gustan mucho.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by MadHattress

Beautiful retro pin up packaging, very glossy and not sticky, nice light pink color, awesome scent. love love love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not big on lip gloss/colors (with the exception of the occasional nude, I stick to plain chapstick), but this stuff I actually like. It gives a sheer rosy color and a nice shine. I really love this for days at the pool because 1.) it has spf15 and 2.) it gives a nice pop of color to a make up free face. It smells so good but it's not overpowering. The packaging is so cute (like most Benefit products) but, like others have mentioned, jars aren't the most hygienic option.
I'm rediscovering this now, and it's a really pretty color for fall, just a little deeper than my natural lip color. I wouldn't repurchase it simply because I think it's overpriced for what it does and I don't like spending a lot of money on lip products. But while I have it I will happily keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by cookiepops101

i love this product! it is the only lipgloss/balm i use and keeps my lips filled with moisture and not to mention it has SPF 15 which is great,

i have had it for almost 6 months ane eventhough my school has a strict no makeup policy, i have still used like half the tub!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by condracek4337

My best friend bought me this for my birthday, I really do like it. It moisturizes, tints, and it smells amazing! I loved this product so much, i had to buy Benetint. Also, a product i love. Since benetint is quite drying on my lips, pair this lip balm over the top of it and Wa-LA! you have perfect, just bitten, rosy lips. :)