BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint Lip Balm [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3

2.9

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.50% Others: Diisostearyl Malate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacylapidate-2, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) wax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carmine (CI 75470), Fragrance (Parfum), BHT, Geraniol, Tocopherol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I hated this product. It's nothing like the rave reviewed Benetint! I thought this was going to be a very moisturizing tinted balm but it smelled horrible and tasted even worse. The color payoff was alright but I had to immediately take it off because of the gruesome taste. Will never buy this again!

on 1/5/2015 7:43:00 PM

I love this. Mines came in a "lipstick" format rather than a tub which I hate cause you get your fingers covered. It came as a set with the lollibalm which I 100% recommend also. I'm not a lipstick wearer so just a sheen of colour is what I like and this is perfect. Smells gorgeous. Great size for your handbag. Definitely buying again xx

on 10/4/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Pretty color
Has SPF15

Cons:
Doesn't work as a lip balm
Nonexistent lasting power
Jar packaging

It's super cute but worthless for the price tag.

on 9/23/2014 8:53:00 PM

Hated this product. Bought it as I thought it looked cute and wanted to break away from my usual brands but boy oh boy is that my first and last benefit product. Really didn't like the colour, my lips are highly pigmented and it just didn't look right on them. the smell was horrific. it doesn't last very long on the lips and while it is on it feels as though your lips cant breathe like they have no air and are just coated with paint. never again. would not recommend.

on 1/6/2014 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I hated Benetint and saw this online some time ago (was not available in Cda at the time because some of the ingredients were banned for use in cosmetics, not sure if it is sold there now because I stopped using Benefit altogether after too many fails) thinking it might be more pigmented. Went to Sephora in Toronto and got the speech about it not being sold in Cda- however the SA claimed it was 'more pigmented and easier to use on cheeks'. Uh-huh right. I picked it up on a work trip to the US and it sucks. This is just your average tinted lip balm. No staying power, too greasy for cheeks and smells bad. Its not worth the money. I prefer my cheaper and way better quality TonyMoly CatChu wink cherry lip stain topped with balm. Another Benefit fit for only the bin. Never again.

on 1/6/2014 1:30:00 AM

The color is okay but the packaging ruins it all and it's just too expensive. It isn't practical and after 6 months or so, it smelt different.

I use this during the day when I'm on holiday because of the SPF, it's quite moisturising and I like the colour it gives, defiantly in my must have holiday items !

on 6/14/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product as I had tried thehighlighter in pearlescent pink and really liked it so I thought I would give this a try as I really like the contrast of red lip color next to pale light yellow skin as it helps to accentuate the yellow by providing contrast.

When I applied this product it burned my lips and made them really dry and dehydrated as though I had put a chemical acid on my lips.the texture was like a thinned out nailpolish that had been mixed with turpentine and that's what it smelled like also.when I applied the product it had the same effect as nail varnish that hasn't quite dried getting caught and smear across the nail.now I'm aware some of the products I was using in the past may have been contaminated with corrosive chemicals and I don't want to review this product without giving you this information that was part of my life experience I was used for because it would be unfair to the manufacturers of benefit and their shareholders and stakeholders and all the people who are working in jobs to produce advertise and sell these products.I would recommended trying the product at the sales counter before you buy and smelling it to see if it smells like something that has been designed to destroy your skin.

I love this stuff so much! I've been using it for years and have never found anything else that even comes close. I love the scent, it reminds me of roses. You get a great reddish pink color out of it and even once the glossy sheen is gone, the color remains. I only have to reapply it maybe once a day. It makes my lips super soft too. I wish it came in a squeeze tube instead of a glass jar. I have to use a q tip to apply it since I have really long nails, but other than that love love love. I've been buying it for years and will continue to do so as long as its available.

on 12/18/2012 3:01:00 AM

Me encanta este producto, pero lo que no me gusta nada es que al hundir el dedo , muchas veces se te queda producto en las uņas, y solo por eso me da mucha pereza utilizarlo.Pero el color y el olor me gustan mucho.

Recommended for Medium Skin