April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Mascara - Pur Minerals - Mineral Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this for free when I purchased a few Pur Items...I liked the look it gave my lashes.However, hours later I had smudging occur.Only wore it once.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Did not like this mascara. Very less than average in formula and staying power. Did nothing much for my lashes and I have thicker lashes. It just barely coats them and looks like I did nothing. Reminded me of Maybelline's Great Lash.

Nothing special about this mascara except its natural mascara and washes off easily...a little too easily. It will smudge and smear if you touch it. This is a big pass for me and will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I appreciate how easily it is to wash off with water and just in general (of course, that can really suck on rainy days, when you cry or even rub your eyes by accident). So basically, if you don't touch it, it stays on pretty nicely by itself.
I find that it gives length but not so much volume. It doesn't add too much but it still adds some pop to your eyes. I would therefore consider it a good "everyday" mascara. I do, however, think that for the price, you could definitely find an equivalent drugstore mascara that does the same job for a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Bassiii

I got a sample of this in the PUR Minerals box sample set. It is nothing amazing but it is really nice for giving your lashes a natural look and if you curl your lashes it will keep the curl but not improve it. Brush applies the mascara nicely and gets washed off easily with water. I use it mostly to darken my bottom lashes but will not buy again. Again its nice if you want more of a natural look.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wouldn't recommend. Just not good or anything special. I didn't even keep mine for emergencies. I threw it out. Went on easy, no major clumping. Did leave a few flakes while wearing. The worst was that it didn't hold. Left me with lower lash line mascara run off and I only applied to my top lashes. I prefer a waterproof mascara, but this was given to me as a gift so I gave it a try. When I washed my face, it also created quite a mascara mess. Didn't rinse off with Purity face wash so I had to use eye makeup remover to get rid of the now huge raccoon eyes. I can't imagine dealing with that everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Rienne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

IMPACT +, not 'Minerals' mascara:

Hmm. I just put this on for the first time today. Of the mascaras I've tried recently, I think this is actually the worst. I was fairly surprised to see that in comparison to others, it actually makes my lashes seem shorter. This is the IMPACT + mascara that is supposed to "lengthen, thicken, curl, & hydrate". My lashes are actually fairly long and full, just light, so this is a bit of a shock! I think the reason for this effect is that the mascara (with its wand) gives density to the lash close to the base of the lash, but the density does not extend the length of the lash. The lash tips end up getting the colour of the mascara but no thickening effect, and overall, I get a short lash look. The result is a mass of dense colour right around my eye, which makes my eyes look smaller, and gives a bit of raccoon effect. (And yes, it does smudge and smear with any tears or rain, and rubbing the eyes.) So, when I went back and wiggled the wand right at the tips of the lashes, I could get a heavier coat on the ends, but overall, the application then just ends up looking very heavy and unnatural. It does highlight the eyes in that way, but I prefer a 'great eyes *naturally*' look over this, though I got used to it over the day. I can say I will be experimenting with careful application strategies in the next few days, but odds are, this is going back. It came in a set, and I have concerns with other included products as well.

Other observations:
PROs:
Doesn't irritate.
Does dry, and is dry and clean to the touch when dry.
Simple wand/brush that makes application (if you like this effect) easy.
Lashes feel very light, even with gobs of product on the ends.
Can give you a successful thick, heavy application.
Holds a curl.
If you like a natural, non-waterproof, heavy mascara application look, you might actually be able to work with this.

CONs:
Smells a bit strange.
No waterproof or long wear option.
No brown option.
Can not (easily?) achieve a natural long lash look.
The lashes start clumping together as you add more mascara at the lash tips.
Smears with humidity, rubbing, rain, or tears.
It is hard to avoid getting bits of mascara on the skin around the eyes (the thicker liner than intended look :p) while applying with this wand. Wand goes 'through' the lashes to the skin easily while applying.
If you like a long, defined lash, but not intensively heavy look, it will be difficult to achieve with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by littlepaws

This mascara is just okay for me. I need a really good non-smearing mascara and this one occasionally gives me a tinge of raccoon eyes. Like others here, I also experience the small clump of product on the wand every time I take it out of the tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by ndheyhey

My lids can get pretty oily, especially during the summer, so I've been looking for a mascara that doesn't smudge--this one doesn't smudge as fast, but if I really want it to stay on my lashes I have to put powder underneath my eyes.
The wand is decent, but the package is unattractively dull.

On the plus side, my lashes definitely looked naturally long. It didn't do much for volume...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by VeganWoman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

IF YOU WANT:
- natural looking lashes
- mascara that isn't tested on animals
- non-clumping / lash defining mascara
- non-smudging / non-irritating mascara

Then this mascara is definitely for you. I found that it gave me exactly the right amount I needed and dried quickly. The packaging is also quite nice.

DON'T PURCHASE IF:
- you're looking for bold lashes
- you're wanting a lengthening mascara
- you want waterproof mascara

I have naturally straight lashes, so I curl my lashes before I apply mascara. Even so, they tend to straighten out again and takes me having to curl them right afterward to keep them curled.

I will purchase this mascara again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by PsycSara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the results of this mascara; my lashes look nice, full, long, and natural, and it doesn't smudge a lot like other mascaras I have tried. I would not recommend, however, because the package is AWFUL! At first I experienced huge globs, but those I could deal with. Then, a week into using this product, the mascara tube split down the side when I was screwing the lid shut. Then today, I noticed that part of the mascara wand seems to have broken as well. The screw piece has become stuck to the bottom part of the tube. Definitely will not get this mascara again.