December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by beciscool123

Overall, I LOVE THIS EYELINER. It has amazing staying power, it is super black and matte and I love it.
I always look for a dupe of this eyeliner for a cheaper price, but there is none that compare to its staying power.
I can buy cheap blush, face powder, or eyeshadow but my eyeliner has to be top of the line and this one by Mac, is.
This does get gloopy after a few uses but its still completely usable. One tube lasts me about 8 or 9 months give or take a few. Overall buy, this eyeliner its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by JAL1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had been looking for a good liquid eyeliner quite some time and ended up buying this one. At first I wasn't very happy with it, I kept getting it on my lashes and it was a bit fidgety to apply and my make up remover wasn't removing it very well. But I tried it a couple more times and I'm very glad I did! It stays on perfectly all day, even if I rub my eyes. I have had eyeliners that are easier to apply, but none that stay on as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by gulliverr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

INCREDIBLE staying power. if you put this on your eyes, it's not going anywhere any time soon. in fact it's hard to get it off your face at the end of the day! the only problem that i have with this product is that it has always seemed quite gloopy, which can make it hard to work with and apply unless you're experienced with liquid eyeliner. however, the incredible hold of the product makes up for that. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the most waterproof liquid liner I've ever used! It stays on through anything, even the shower. I actually used this stuff to extend the life of a henna tattoo I got, just colored the thing in with the liner and it looked pretty legit. And it stayed for about 4 days without flaking or smudging at all. The only con I can think of is it does take a very long time to dry when you first apply it, but that's with all liquid lines, so not much ya can do about that. Bottom line tho, when they say this stuff will last, they mean it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by AQuestionofLust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Point Black would be my favorite liner of all time if it wasn't for the packaging. The unwieldy long-cap and longer applicator combo make this a nightmare to apply more often than not. Prepare to constantly wipe your wand and the brush tip to get the gunk off. Because of this, the product often dries out and/or gets all gunky.

When you can get it to work, this product is AMAZING. No smudging, flaking, etc. Stays where you put it, period. Comes off easily with oil, but withstands the eyes' natural oils, heat, humidity, tears, you name it. I've fallen asleep in this and woken up without a single particle out of place, even if I slept with company. The formula is that spot on.

Unfortunately, this product consistently gunks up on me within two weeks of use, regardless of whether or not I use it with primer and/or eye shadow. After three tubes of this product, I've had to give up on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by BonjourMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has lasted me for quite a good while. It's very pigmented, very rich in its dark colour and it's smudge-proof. Honestly, I have such oily lids and this holds up so well even without eye primer (I don't own an eye primer -yet)! That's very impressive. I also remember accidentally falling asleep with my liner -oops- and I woke up with not even a tinge of smudge! The only problem I have with this is the the brush it comes with! Omg, it sucks! It gets too clumpy so you will need to really clean it frequently. Other than the brush, I love everything about this but I do want to branch out and try a gel line, specifically MAC Fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by bowzerbowzerbowzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this liner. My HG for sure. The only downside is the applicator, which can be messy and get on your eyelashes. I'm on my second tube now though and I've adapted because the lasting power. I have to use coconut oil to get this stuff off, and that is the way I like it. Will purchase again forever unless I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have a love/hate relationship w/ this product. i have extremely oily skin, so when wearing eyeliner just after a few hours my eyeliner will transfer to the top of my lids. i stumbled upon this product after searching for long lasting/water proof eyeliner on youtube. i must say that this stuff does last all day (even after a shower or even till the next day, gross i know lol), i have to scrub really hard w/ olive oil or any oil based product just to remove it. one problem i have w/ it is the shape of the brush. it's so thin and narrow and so hard to work with...maybe its just me? but eventually i got the hang of it. my biggest concern is that it clumps up really bad inside the tube. i have tons of product left inside but i end up needing to buy a new one just after a few months, simply because the product clumps up really bad in there =/ i'd still repurchase considering how well it works

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Babyivyc

My HG eyeliner. This eyeliner would not budge! You can swim, shower or wash you face with it and it won't even run. This eyeliner will stand up to anything! Love Love Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by wastewaste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG eyeliner. I have been using this eyeliner for pretty much 6+ years, and it is the only constant in my makeup bag. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that can compare to it when it comes to quality. It doesn't smudge, doesn't cake, doesn't flake; I've been swimming with it and it just doesn't come off. No matter the weather or humidity, this thing is staying on.

The days when I use liners other than this (usually because I'm in a rush and pencil liners are quicker), I always end up with those raccoon eyes by the end of the day.

The packaging is very simple, and I really appreciate just how compact and no-nonsense it is. The brush may take a few tries to get used to, but it works very well and became second nature to apply with. The color is very pigmented and a true black. Even over a ton of eyeshadow, it will not cake. I also line my upper waterline with this, and it stays put up there all day.

The only thing about this is that you're going to require a makeup remover that can actually get this thing off. I've always used oil cleansers, so it was no big deal, but definitely have something on hand that can wipe this off at the end of the day or suffer permanent eyeliner. In a pinch, gently rub your eyes with some moisturizer at the end of the day and hope it gets it off.

The price is certainly nothing to sneeze at (especially someone like me who likes a thick line daily, sometimes twice when I'm redoing my makeup for night, and goes through liner very quickly), but you do get a very good amount before it starts thickening and drying out towards the end of its life.

This is pretty much the only thing in my makeup kit that I'm positive will always stay there, and if MAC ever discontinued this I will suffer a slight beauty breakdown.