April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Liquid - New York Color - Smooth Skin

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Think this stuff is fabulous! Granted I've got good skin, especially for a woman of a certain age. Do have some redness I need to cover around the nose and some discoloration around the eyes. Found that this shade - the lightest available at CVS (or was it Duane Reade?) is a PERFECT match for my porcelain complexion. Apply makeup at the window in natural light, and this creme makeup is undetectable. Coverage is great. Do not even need a concealer. Actually after buying this, after seeing all the raves went and bought Wet n Wild's Coverall. But have to say this NYC Smooth Skin is way better coverage wise.

The only downside is getting the stuff out of the cute glass bottle. A q-tip would be the only way because tapping the bottle on your palm will yield you nothing! And dropping a glass bottle into a handbag would be a negative too. Stuff weighs. But for the price ladies (and gents if you're so inclined), this sh#t ranks as a STEAL. How it's gets 60% rating is beyond me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Jojo1922

So I bought NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup in 678 Barely Beige. I usually dont use foundation at all in the summer, spring or fall, but during the winter months my skin tone gets uneven and my cheeks get a bit red and I find it looks wierd. My cheeks always have a natural blush effect all year round, but in the winter it just gets too red from the coldness. I have tried many differnt foundations from powders to liquids and found this one to be really good. It was an awesome price, I paid around 4 dollars for it. It matched my skin tone really well, and covered up the redness, and blended good as well. At first I found it hard to get any out of the bottle but I just eneded up butting my makup sponge over the top and shaking it upside down a few times and havent had a problem since. The packaging isnt the most flattering thing to look at, but when it comes to makup, i'm looking for how well the product works, not how good it looks on the shelf. Overall, I would definatly buy this product again and reccomend it to people. It is an amazing price or such a good product. Enjoy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by lavendersquirel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this. My face is red & this foundation helps tone it down quite a lot. This doesn't have the best coverage, but for $3 a pop, it's acceptable. This doesn't feel heavy or look cakey on my skin. This surprisingly lasts through a full school day for me (8 hours) when it is cooler. When it's warmer or humid, it lasts maybe 5 or 6.

Obviously the packaging sucks. What I did to avoid the whole "I'm bruising my hand cos I'm trying to get it out and it's too thick" situation was to simply... add a pump. I took the pump from an old bottle of Sephora brand brush shampoo & it fit well. Using a pump also helps you control how much product comes out of the bottle & I think it's more hygienic.

I really like this product and would advise anyone who's new to foundation to try it out before opting for more high end or expensive products.Even if you don't like it, you're not losing very much money. If you're not willing to spend $3 on this, I find that it's actually on sale for $1.50-$2.00 pretty often. I also find coupons for this for $1.00 off from time to time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a hard time matching my skin tone. I'm fair with yellow undertones and oily acne prone skin. I got this in the lightest color which I forgot the name and in the next shade up which is 678 barely beige. Both colors looked ok not much different from each other. The thing is I don't like the shine it gives. My face looks really greasy even with powder. I also noticed that you can't layer it that much. It looks and feels weird on the skin. I really tried to give it more chances but just didn't work out for me. The packaging really sucks too. Its really hard to get out. I had to scoop it out into a pump bottle I had. I didn't really notice any weird smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by paola09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation!! After reading the reviews of this foundation I was torn to buy it because some reviews were positive and some negative. After a while I decided to try it and it worked perfectly! I have acne prone skin and this foundation did not make me break out at all. It is buildable and it covers my huge pores. The price is amazing, I got it for $4.00!!! The only reason why I gave it 4 out of 5 is because of the packaging quality. The foundation is a little thick and the bottle does not help get the product out easily, however you can use a Q-tip to take it out and then use your make up brush or fingers to apply the foundation. I am definitely buying this foundation again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by BethAnnie10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has gotten a good and bad reputation. The coverage the foundation gives you is AMAZING! But, it is very difficult to get out of the bottle. After struggling with getting the product out for awhile I found that if you heat it in the microwave (yes in the bottle it's completely safe since it's glass) for less than 10 seconds it comes out so easily! Or you can put a small amount of hot water in the bottle and shake it to make it more accessible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this at Walmart for under $3.00 This is perfect example of "You get what you pay for." About the only positive thing I have to say about this foundation is that it' is cheap and the color was a good match to my skin.

This foundation was awful. It is extremely runny and goopy. The texture is very strange. It also feels very wet and greasy. It just kind of sat on my face and didn't absorb into my skin at all. I could only tolerate wearing this makeup on my face for about 30 seconds. I couldn't wait to take it off. I did not even try applying powder over the top of this. Then I would have really had a mess. Fortunately, I did have a bottle of a different foundation in my make-up bag. It also provided very little, if any coverage. I got this off my face and dumped it in the trash. I will not be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a faithful user of revlon colorstay, sand beige. I did notice a difference the last time i purchased it but i didnt realize they changed the formula. Now its horrible! Def not worth $20! The coverage, texture, overall feeling has changed and I hate it so I went on the hunt. Based on good reviews i purchased this for $4.99 at Walmart. I picked up nude since the ivory looked pink and I have yellow undertones. This is fantastic! I actually love the texture its like a mousse thats why its so thick, I use a qtip and then dot my face and spread with a makeup brush. The light mousse texture, the colour i love it! What a steal. I do wear my Marcelle BB cream underneath for extra coverage. I will definately repurchase this. I love that it has no sunscreen so it doesnt leave any grey cast.
Edit: July 9, 2013 still loving this foundation, it stayed put all day no touchups, easy to remove with cold cream, cheap price, what else can a girl ask for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far I am loving this foundation for 2 reasons - it makes my skin look exactly the way I WANT it to look when I'm wearing makeup (which would be light coverage, matte, better than my own skin). After reading the reviews on here about how hard it is to get out of the bottle, I just shake it first then put it on its side and give it a few good whacks, like you have to do with a ketchup bottle for lack of a better example. It pops right out. It's fairly thick, so I apply it with a flat powder brush (from E.L.F. - found it at Target for $6 and I have now purchased three...but that's another review) mostly in my t-zone area then I put a light application of loose powder over it. I do not find that it turns orange on me (I bought nude since I am a very fair skinned chick) and it does not make me any oilier than normal. I bought this bottle for $2.74 at Target - how can you beat that price?? I say give it a whirl! Not much to lose here. **Edit: I am in love with this makeup. I've had a few photos taken lately and I'm noticing that my makeup looks SO nice... I hadn't realized how what I was wearing before really wasn't cutting it until I saw these recent pix. Wowsers! It just takes a teensy amount applied with a brush and it covers perfectly without screaming "I'm Wearing Foundation". EXACTLY what I wanted!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Missers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My search for a new HG foundation has been going on for years. This foundation was cheap but like others you can not get it out of the
bottle. It turned me into a greasy oil slick and when I looked in the car mirror I looked like a pumpkin....pass on this one for less than 3.00 what was I expecting.