October 20, 2014 | 1484 users online

Conditioner - Alberto Vo5 - Alberto V05 Extra Body Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This, so far, is my second favorite co- washing conditioner but may soon become my HG. Since Vo5 has improved the fragrance of this I love it. I have tried to used this many times in the past usually as a regular, silicone -free light conditioner after shampooing and even though its thin it did quite well on my long, yet thinner dry/ damaged length. I just hated the scent- it was to strong and lingered to long on my hair. I used to prefer more floral or perfumy scents but no longer, I perefer more "natural" clean or herbally/ musky scents. Vo5 extra body conditioner has the same fresh clean balsam like scent it used to but its much softer now. As for co -washing it leaves my hair feeling soft, clean and moisturized. I think it is slighlty more moisturizing than some of the other vo5 conditoners even though they are basically the same. I really wouldn't call it extra body but it does not weigh hair down. I generally "doctor up" my conditioners for co- washing with a tea/rosemary infusion and lavender essential oil- the best conditoners (scent wise) to mix this with was the Vo5 tea conditoners but the Extra Body is better. Its also a great to mix with oils,aloe and honey for a deep overnight conditioner. Great basic conditioner for co washing or regular conditioning just may not be "strong" enough for really thick, dry fried hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jeanniewalker

I picked this up at Walmart yesturday for just $1.00. I thought for a buck it wouldn't hurt to try it. First off I love the smell. So fresh and clean. I was surprised when i towel dried my hair it still smelled so good. My comb went right through my hair. I have fine, flat, thin hair. My hair always has tangles even with my expensive brands. I then blowed dry my hair and WOW the volume was unreal. 6 hours later still full of volume. I really like this product and will buy it again. I think when i go back i will buy the matching shampoo and see how that goes!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

This conditioner seemed like it might be good for my fine hair. I used to like brands like Revlon Flex and Suave Balsam and Protein, but they since have been discontinued. My mother used to buy Vo5 when I was a kid, so I decided to try this since it was only $1. It's a thin, runny conditioner, which I don't mind since my hair is fine. I only used a little bit and rinsed well, and it did very strange things to my hair. My hair ended up very flat and feeling waxy/coated, yet my hair looked a little frizzy and dry. Dry hair is normally not my issue, so I thought that was really strange. Overall a huge disappointment. I would not even use this as a CO-wash to get henna or coconut oil out of my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was excited about using this conditioner.this doesnt add body or add volume like the bottle says.I used this yesterday before my night out and it made my hair look terrible like straw,i should of wear my hair in a ponytail.I might as well use this as a shave cream for my legs!.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by vintagenavyblue

I did not like this conditioner at all. It doesn't detangle my hair but instead gave me more tangles! The only thing i like was that it has a thin consistency unlike other conditioners with cones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I don't want my hair to smell like a candy shop, so this is a staple for me. I mix it four parts conditioner to one part each honey and aloe vera gel, and it's better than anything I have ever bought even at five times the price.

Sometimes I use this mixture for CO washing (it will remove even a heavy oiling given enough time) but more often as a regular conditioner after my Chagrin Valley shampoo bars (strictly speaking I don't need conditioner after those, but I enjoy the extra softness). I use it for slip to get henna out of my hair, and for deep moisture after a henna treatment.

I have fine hair that tends to be oily but is also fragile and I find that this treatment gives it a lot of shine and a silky texture without weighing it down excessively.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW! I have fine, limp, short hair that gets frizzy when I blow dry and I have to blow dry. As a styling cream/anti-frizz-er I've been using the dollar general version of Lubriderm after reading reviews but was still using salon shampoo and conditioner with an occasional find from Sally's. My mother swears by this and buys it at the dollar store, it might be cheaper at WalMart, not sure. I bought this conditioner with the VO5 Herbal Escapes in Kiwi Lime which is a clarifying shampoo. I've gone without any styling products for the last week just to get a feel for the duo that I purchased. I love them both but since this is for the conditioner...it's great. It's very thin, not a thick heavy conditioner, it conditions my fine hair perfectly without weighing it down, detangles better than anything out there and leaves my hair soft, but not so soft that it cannot be styled. I cannot believe a one dollar conditioner works so well but again, it's VO5, they've been around forever. I will absolutely continue to purchase, I might even try a few others in the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by DD1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this along with the corresponding shampoo. Dirt cheap!!! And it seems to work very nicely, though it's a little thinner/runnier than I expected. I'll definitely use my wide-tooth comb to distribute it next time I put it on. Overall, though, a great bargain and I'd buy it again. I got it for my husband but he may find he's running out faster than he expected, LOL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I really like it!! We'll see how it works as time goes on, but as of now it's my new favorite of all the ones I have. =)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by xxhelenaxx

This is decent as a base conditioner, but I wouldn't rely on it alone. (To be fair, it's winter where I live--that might influence the efficacy of the conditioner.) My hair is dry at the roots, oily at the ends, shoulder-length and coarse. I leave this on the ends for three minutes. Alone, it's not great.

Now, I brush this through the lower half of my hair (nothing above my ear lobes/close to the scalp), add a drop of something more moisturizing, and leave it on for 3 minutes...the effect is average. No serious moisturization, but it's not as drying, and there's no serious build-up.