August 20, 2014 | 2124 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - The One

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I snagged a sample of this at Sephora after smelling the tester at the front counter and falling madly in love with it.
I always go for musky, sweet smells over floral or fruity, just because I feel the darker scents transform to something much more appealing on my skin. But what I love about this fragrance is how sweet and almost light it is while still maintaining that soft, seductive allure. It's extremely unique.
So far, it's done a great job of lasting on my skin. A dab'll do ya - it's easy to over-apply this perfume. (I made that mistake when I practically marinated myself in it the first time and damn near fumigated the office.)
It's pricey, but it's Dolce. What do you expect? And anyway, finding great-quality, sophisticated scents at a discount price point is nigh impossible anyway, so to me, the price for this perfume is pretty standard.
Will I repurchase? When I run out of this sample and have the extra cash, you bet!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by LAYLAADELE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this when I opened the bottle. I'm not good at identifying scents but the top note in this is so beautiful. I can't stop smelling the bottle. LOL. This come exactly as described. Rich and sensual but can wear every day. When I sprayed this on both wrist it was too strong for me(gave me a headache), but when i spray on my shirt just once is perfect and strong enough to last all day with no headache. I also love the bottle very classy. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my current signature scent.

Smells sexy & divine. Long wearing as well. A gourmand, grown-up fragrance. Love it!

If you don't want to shell out the $$$ for a full sized bottle, it comes in a $30 rollerball now! Handy for those date nights!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I am not really good at identifying smells, so I can't tell what are the different components of this perfume, but definitely, it's some vanillla, powdery smell in it. This is a sweet perfume, so if you are looking for a fresh, citrus fragrance, this is not for you. The One is a "gourmand" fragrance and that's what I like about it. The smell is classy, luxurious and last for a good few hours. The bottle is sleek and beautiful, everything in this perfume screams "elegance". Nevertheless, I would not recommend this for teenage girls, It's a perfume for a grown up woman. If you like fragrances like 212 VIP, Euphoria, Black XS... I am pretty sure you would like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by c0nsequence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My all time favourite perfume. It is a classy smell and it never gets old. It's a bit expensive to buy so I don't wear it every day so I can savour it! It lasts all day and I always get compliments over how good I smell and I have to say I agree aha!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by LisaJanson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my signature scent that i always come back to and never get tired of. I've worn this warm, luxurious scent for years now. Since I am a vanilla junkie this sweet yet sophisticated perfume is my soulmate. I will love it forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

A lovely scent. I sprayed this right on my skin, let it settle and an hour or so later, it had the most wonderful vanilla fragrance. A smooth scent. I would have bought it on the spot had it not cost over $100.00.

P.S. I'm changing my opinion of this, after having purchased a rollerball. This is still a lovely scent. But on my skin, it turns sharp and kinda bitter not too long after applying it. That's definitely a reaction to my chemistry. I'll wear it when I go out, but I'll wash it off when I get home when I change clothes or before bedtime. It's not a fragrance that I want to linger on my skin. I hate when perfumes do this. It must just be Dolce and Gabbana's perfumes because I was given a vial sample of "Desire" and it turned the same way.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This starts out nice, but then it gets a slightly powdery, almost old-lady smell...like grandma at church.

Eventually a slightly more vanilla smell starts to come through, but never quite makes it, and at the end it has a kind of spicy smell (I think the musk with maybe the vetiver or amber?). Finally, after 7+ hours, I smell vanilla with a little musk.

I probably will never use it again. I find it slightly unpleasant, but I might enjoy smelling it fleetingly on another woman.

It lasts a long time, though. At the end, it reminds me of Cinnaber or Opium (before it finally smells like musky vanilla), but I'd rather just use one of those and get the straightforward smell instead of going through so many "phases".

The bottle is hard to use. The shape is awkward-I have to use 2 hands.

from fragrantica:

"The composition opens with softly fresh mandarin, bergamot, litchi and peach. The heart is thin and balmy, with the notes of jasmine, lily of the valley and white lily which graciously intertwine with the fruity touch of plum. The woodsy-powdery base is created of vetiver root, amber, musk and vanilla."

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely gorgeous perfume smells very womanly - vanilla and flowers mmmmm
a spritz of this is perfect for any occasion :)
The bottle is very cute & chic, loving the cube shape and gold lid.
I am not sure about the pricing as I swapped a Mrs Wright by Mark Wright perfume (not womanly enough) for this.

Happy with it :) every gal needs this in her life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Here are the notes of D&G The One, per parfumo.net, which they say came out in 2006:

Fragrance Notes
Top Notes: Bergamot, Lychee, Mandarin, Peach
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Madonna lily, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Plum, Vanilla, Vetiver

On paper, The One has much of what I love in a perfume. It's soft & smooth (mostly), light & inoffensive, musky, golden, contains vanilla, and is a skin-scent. Those are all things I look for in perfumes. It's a soft golden vanillic skin scent, so when it came out, I was hopeful it could be "The One" for me.

However, I've owned a bottle of The One since it launched, and I've barely made a dent in it. I think it's because of the 4 fruits in the topnotes.

Too fruity. The fruits seem to overwhelm the deeper basenotes. I'm not fond of fruity perfumes in general. I like the amber-wood-vanilla-musk notes in the list, but I wish they were more apparent. Good for summer or early Fall -- a nice soft warm transitional scent.

The One's bottle is a chic simple squatty rectangle -- heavy glass, with gold cap - and I love the bottle's appearance, but I prefer tall slim bottles to squatty bottles, for ease of storage & portability. In the 3.4oz size, it takes up a lot of space. It's clear, so you can see how much you have left. Advertised by actress Scarlett Johansson -- a good muse for it.