December 18, 2014 | 1831 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - The One

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

I really like this one, though unfortunately my husband is still on the fence about it. I like that it's not too heavy, overpowering, musky, floral, or vanilla. It's fresh but not too bright or citrus; feminine but not girly or granny. I'm a noob about fragrances but this one really appeals to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE! This is "the one" for me! My signature scent! It is feminine, sexy, and very delicate. I have a hard time finding a fragrance that has all of those three qualities within one scent. It has a soft, very luxurious scent to it that lasts for hours! I wear it every day and never get tired of it; I often find myself smelling the inner part of my arm where I spritz it. I think that people of all ages can wear this, as it isn't a fruity, teen-y type smell. It definitely will suit all types of people and personalities!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The One is Hynotic Poison's much tamer younger sister.

When first applied, vanilla overrode other notes; however, vanilla isn't loud. Very soft florals and citrus appear in the middle notes with vanilla leading the way. Drydown is quite pleasant~a very soft vanilla, and in the background, a light touch of musk, florals and citrus.

This is a fragrance with a prominent vanilla note my body chemistry doesn't escalate into a nauseatingly, sweet aroma. I can wear this without feeling as if I am being attacked by a super sized cupcake.

The One won't be my signature scent, or worn every day; however, I have been looking to find a fragrance with vanilla to wear on occasion, and so happy I found the one (no pun intended).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I scored a generous sample of this. It produces a nice powdery, musky, vanilla like scent initially that gets a tiny bit spicy and floral on my skin as it dries down. I like it a lot. It is definitely a cool or cold weather scent that can be worn at all times of the day without being overwhelming. This was an unexpected scent for me since I usually gravitate to those with more fruity undertones. I would buy a bigger bottle if my budget allowed me to. There was the second version that I think I will like even more.I will have to try that one next.So far, really digging this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by claregriffin

This is my new favourite fragrance. I purchased a bottle of this when I set off for my holidays in duty free but even then it was quite pricey but the smell is just heavenly. I douse myself in it because its so gorgeous. Deep creamy, musky smell that lingers all day and I always get lots of compliments when wearing it. THe only thing that does let it down is the price, a 50ml bottle online is roughly around 35-40 so its not something I would buy routinely but to be honest the smell is just so lovely I am sure I can russle up 40 to get another bottle when this one is finished. I would recommend this fragrance without any hesitation, if you buy it blind you will absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I snagged a sample of this at Sephora after smelling the tester at the front counter and falling madly in love with it.
I always go for musky, sweet smells over floral or fruity, just because I feel the darker scents transform to something much more appealing on my skin. But what I love about this fragrance is how sweet and almost light it is while still maintaining that soft, seductive allure. It's extremely unique.
So far, it's done a great job of lasting on my skin. A dab'll do ya - it's easy to over-apply this perfume. (I made that mistake when I practically marinated myself in it the first time and damn near fumigated the office.)
It's pricey, but it's Dolce. What do you expect? And anyway, finding great-quality, sophisticated scents at a discount price point is nigh impossible anyway, so to me, the price for this perfume is pretty standard.
Will I repurchase? When I run out of this sample and have the extra cash, you bet!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by LAYLAADELE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this when I opened the bottle. I'm not good at identifying scents but the top note in this is so beautiful. I can't stop smelling the bottle. LOL. This come exactly as described. Rich and sensual but can wear every day. When I sprayed this on both wrist it was too strong for me(gave me a headache), but when i spray on my shirt just once is perfect and strong enough to last all day with no headache. I also love the bottle very classy. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my current signature scent.

Smells sexy & divine. Long wearing as well. A gourmand, grown-up fragrance. Love it!

If you don't want to shell out the $$$ for a full sized bottle, it comes in a $30 rollerball now! Handy for those date nights!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I am not really good at identifying smells, so I can't tell what are the different components of this perfume, but definitely, it's some vanillla, powdery smell in it. This is a sweet perfume, so if you are looking for a fresh, citrus fragrance, this is not for you. The One is a "gourmand" fragrance and that's what I like about it. The smell is classy, luxurious and last for a good few hours. The bottle is sleek and beautiful, everything in this perfume screams "elegance". Nevertheless, I would not recommend this for teenage girls, It's a perfume for a grown up woman. If you like fragrances like 212 VIP, Euphoria, Black XS... I am pretty sure you would like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by c0nsequence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My all time favourite perfume. It is a classy smell and it never gets old. It's a bit expensive to buy so I don't wear it every day so I can savour it! It lasts all day and I always get compliments over how good I smell and I have to say I agree aha!