October 21, 2014 | 2025 users online

Palettes - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Expressions Lip and Eye Beauty Palette -- White Christmas

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my all-time favorite find this holiday season! These e/s don't even crease on me without a primer! I wear all 4 eye shades in different combinations, but my favorite is the lightest one (beigey & shimmery) as a wash and in the inner corner, with the brown shade (3rd deepest) on the entire lid to crease. Just a little eyeliner to polish it up (or not, depending on my mood) & topped with L'Oreal Voluminous, and voila! I also like the lip shades, but they're a little inconvenient to take along for touch ups. But, that in no way detracts from the love I have for this palette. Plus, I only paid $3.99 for this ($4.99 reg price & $1 off coupon) so it was a major score. Would repurchase this, and any other WnW palettes I can find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2006 11:35:00 AM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette and the price can't be beat. The e/s are lovely, well pigmentated, smooth, blendable, finely milled and long lasting w/o creasing over my UD PP. The color selection is nice & they coordinate. I like the l/g glosses too. You can use them alone or mix them to make your own custom color. Unlike the other reviewer I found the darker shades in the palette to be quite pigmentated. The dark berry color does have a hint of glitter which I thought was kind of nice but not over the top. The texture was good too - not sticky at all. They applied smoothly and lasted about the same amount of time as any l/g does. The packaging isn't the cutest, I will agree, but it is very functional and seems durable. The large pull out mirror is a helpful addition to this palette. I paid $3.99 for this beauty w/a $1.00 off coupon. I will definitely continue to use & will pick up the other holiday palettes offered by WnW.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by awful_cherry

I'm a little disappointed in the lippies. There is a light whitish pink shade, a pinky-nude shade, a berry shade, and a red shade. They're moisturizing, but very sheer, not pigmented at all. Even the two darker ones (red and berry) don't have much color. I wanted them to be somewhat sheer, since they look pretty dark, but I can barely tell the red shade and the berry shade apart. The lighter two basically have no color on my lips, just sheen.

The e/s are nice, though. There are two light highlighting shades, which I don't like -- I tend to find those boring and would have preferred another dark shadow. They're great for the price, some of the better d/s eyeshadows I've ever used. They're not incredibly pigmented, I would be disappointed if I had paid a lot for them, but they're great for a $5 palette. I do wish there were one really shimmery/frosty shade, because I love shimmery shadows. The two highlighter shades are fairly matte with a little sheen, the taupe is slightly shimmery, and the plum shade is matte.

I wouldn't pay Sephora prices for this palette, but for $5, I'll keep it. I can see myself using this plus a blush and maybe a dark liner for FOTDs and taking it as a convenient palette for travel. The packaging isn't very cute but it seems durable, and I like the nicely-sized pullout mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Other than the famous lip liner with the infamous digits, I've never tried Wet 'n' Wild before. The surprise I've been having, reading all these glowing reviews on their shadows! And the even bigger surprise - finding it near impossible to find Wet 'n' Wild in any stores in my Canadian city.

When I happily discovered one of these sitting behind other non Wet 'n' Wild items, I snatched it quickly. $5.99 CDN for a palette containing four lip colors and four eye shadows? You've got to be kidding me.

Like the previous reviewer, I have not an inkling of why they would name this White Christmas. It seems more of a summery set, if you took out the plum shade. The rest are just lovely - there's a soft, light bronze, and the other two are champagney shades, one warmer than the other. As for the lip colors, there's an angelic pink; a medium plum; a dusty rose; and a shimmery berry. I'm not one to use lip palettes, but even if I paid $5.99 just for the shadows, it's an insane bargain. $5.99 would have been the cost of a chipped corner of one of my Scott Barnes shadows. I'll definitely be hunting down more Wet 'n' Wild colors, while I still can! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 10:21:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this at Long's today, priced at $4.99 minus the $1 coupon I had. There isn't anything remotely Christmasy about this, but I guess it's seasonal even though it doesn't mention anything about LE on the package. This palette contains 4 neutral eyeshadows (all shimmery, from champagne to dark brown), and four slightly glittery lip glosses from clear pink to deep wine. These colors should work on any complexion. All the shadows are smooth and almost creamy, and the glosses have pretty good color, except for the clear one, of course. I love the credit card-sized mirror that pulls out, too. The applicator has a sponge tip on one side, and a lip brush on the other which is okay but not impressive. Overall, this is a a great deal for $4.