April 16, 2014 | 1991 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by redshift

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. And I do like the way it feels on my skin. But, it doesn't last and the color oxidizes like nobody's business. The MA at the store told me the foundation oxidizes and the company is redoing all the colors. The MA who I "spoke" to online told me the colors are true and do not oxidize. They do. I was also sold this as a full coverage foundation but its not. I will not repurchase nor will I even finish this bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by twastew72

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

wow... I do not like this foundation. the color looked ok in the store, with their mirror, lighting and sales associate applying it for me. at home, it's waaaay to dark, way to yellow, and there's nothing luminous about it. I would expect more from bobbi brown. i'm going to try to return it, or if nothing else, exchange it for another color

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Bekmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation made me break out :/ I turned really oily after three hours (Even with setting powder) . I figured I should try a more moisturizing foundation since it's getting chilly here in Prague.. Um no lol. I should have stuck with my nars sheer glow .

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Mrscook

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, very sensitive skin. I found tat this foundation stayed sticky and seemed to sit on top of my skin all day causing irritation and discomfort. Disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Nataliao8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my face is normal skin, and i find this foundation is good coverage but leaves me very shiny after about half an hour after wearing it and it looks horrendous in photos, the colour was matched to my skin colour and was the perfect shade, but in photos my face looks rediculasly pale and shiny, i find on a night out i have to physically cake myself in an anti shine powder i may aswell not have any of this very expensive makeup on. won't be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by DamenesGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this foundation for a couple of years now, I used to have really dry skin but this seems to have changed of late. If you have dry skin it is perfect as it is very moisturising and leaves your face with a dewey glow.

Coverage is light to medium I would say, my skin is also fair with pink undertones and I only really apply this on the problem areas. I am fortunate enough to not really suffer from spots credit this to my mum only letting me drink water as a child!) so I apply this to my nose and chin areas with a light touch to my lower back cheek area.

Bobbi Brown has always been my foundation of choice and the colour matches me perfectly, I wear porcelain.

Packaging is fine put I think but I would prefer a pump action lid with this, before I use I shake the bottle and take my foundation brush and I basically use what has been left behind in the lid so for me a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find this to be a pretty average foundation. I have been wearing this with the BB foundation stick for many years... Although i cant think why.... Maybe my skin has changed over time, as I do remember once liking this very much. Anyway, this foundation seems to have a light coverage while providing a nondescript finish on my skin... Certainly not luminous or hydrating... More like someone had coloured my skin in. It seems ok on application but seems to disappear or wear off after only a few hours. Shade wise, I am of Asian complexion, somewhere between a Mac NC45 and NC42, Mac C6, or Tom Ford Praline. The BB MUAs match me to Shade 6 (Golden), which is perfect at first but then oxidises on me to a coppery orange. I've since discovered that shade 5.5 (warm honey) which is slightly light on application but then warms up, to be a better match, with the right amount of yellow in it for my skin. It has a thinnish texture and applies best with a paddle brush. Bottle without a pump is a pain. Overall, I don't think there is anything special about this foundation which doesn't do much for my generally dry, older skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The foundation looked nice initially on my skin and it didn't dry it out; however, it doesn't last at all. Within no time it looked like I didn't have anything on.

I also don't like the packaging. It should come with a pump.

Very disappointed in this foundation. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

I normally use Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation which I love, but when it ran out I decided to try this one. Bad move! It gave my skin a really greasy, oily appearance and it didn't apply smoothly at all-it pilled up somewhat. The colour match was slightly off, a little too yellow (I got matched up at the Bobbi Brown counter.) To top it off, this foundation also broke me out. Really disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so disappointed that I wasted money on this foundation. Prior to this, the only BB foundation I ever used was Extra Repair foundation and I loved it. I also love her skincare products, so I wanted to add another BB foundation to my rotation. I chose this one because of its supposed luminous finish and it's moisturizing properties...but it appears I chose poorly! The color match is great, sand is a perfect match for my nc15-20ish skin, I also liked the consistency...very fluid but not watery or greasy and it spreads easily That was where my likes ended. Coverage was light to medium, but it accentuated every fine line and pore on my face, even with my best primers. I know luminous foundations are sometimes famous for accentuating these imperfections, but the SA assured me this wasn't one of those foundations. Wrong. I have dehydrated/combination skin, and it clung to the one little dry patch I have and made it look huge, it made me look older, and for some reason it made my face itch like crazy...also, I didn't notice much moisturizing happening either. My biggest complaint: my face is a mess with breakouts right now. The first time I wore it, I had pimples on my nose and chin by the next morning, and it just kept getting worse. Now that I've stopped using it, my face has begun to clear a bit, but I am so frustrated. I am not acne prone at all. I have NEVER had a breakout like the one this foundation gave me...never. Thumbs way down on this one, sadly. I will definitely not repurchase, and I strongly caution those who are acne prone to avoid this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No