Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE... makes my spotty face worst.

Dermalogica is my HG skincare brand and I have tried most of their products. I purchased a travel size of this Daily Microfoliant as it is supposed to be the best exfoliator in their range. I have never been so upset about a skincare product!

The exfoliator comes out in a white powder form, something I have never seen before. It felt nice on the skin, not harsh or not too soft. I used this twice a week and initially, my skin looked and felt amazing. However, I started to get very angry, red cysts on my chin. I do not suffer from acne, so this was quite a shock to me. I stupidly persevered with this product, thinking it was perhaps my foundation? My skin eventually got so bad, that I stopped using this and have not had a chin breakout since!

I am upset due to the fact that I have been left with a few scars on my chin due to this product and still a couple of months later, my skin has not completely healed. My mother tried this also and had the same reaction, so I've come to the conclusion there is definitely an ingredient in this which my skin cannot tolerate.

Overall, I am one of the few reviewers who seem to dislike this product and have a negative reaction to it. I would highly recommended testing this out before investing in a bottle. I am currently using Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub and I really like that one.

I never write reviews so this will be good...

I have been using this product for the past (almost) 10 months and I LOVE IT! I can be quite a junkie when it comes to beauty products, I will usually replace things after a few months of use without progress, however this product has broken through!

Firstly, I have seriously oily skin ( I should mention I live in hot steamy Cairns). So oily that Estée Lauder double wear starts to break down after 4-5 hours, and I am yet to come across anything better makeup wise. I have been using this exfoliator morning and evening since purchase, and I can truly say that my skin is a whole lot better. It's softer, brighter, I have less breakouts (and the ones I do have are less severe) and keeps my oily face at bay for longer. I do use this in conjunction with the cleansing gel from Dermalogica so that could also play a major role here, however as I have not used only one or the other it is hard to say. Also I will mention that this is such a fine exfoliator that it is not harsh on my skin at all, doesn't make it sensitive, burn, anything, and this could play a factor into why I am able I am able to use twice a day

Now I have seen some users comment on the price and smell. To me it kind of smells of rice, which makes sense because it has some essence of rice. Where I live the RRP is close to $75. I have paid this before however on some occasions I have just bought off eBay for around $55.

I will most certainly repurchase (unless I find a seriously cheaper version elsewhere but I am doubtful of that).

This is a great product. I have combination oily skin, I am prone to breakouts and my skin colour is quite uneven. Since I started using microfoliant, my break outs are never as severe. I bought it a year ago for €50 and I still have a bit less than half the bottle left, great value! A very reliable exfoliate.

This is just a mini-review because I haven't seen it being said, and well I think it needs to be said.

This stuff smells terrible. Like regurgitated oatmeal. I've been getting facials at a place for 4 years that soley uses dermatologica and I know immediately by smell when they are about to exfoliate me. I'm a good sport and it's only a couple minutes so I just hold my breath and deal with it.

As an exfoliant it's okay, but if I am going to pay that kind of money I'd at least get a kind that doesn't make me gag.

My skin has started feeling very soft after using this regularly for about 4 days. I find due to the powder texture, you're likely to finish the product relatively quickly because you will lose a small amount everytime you pour it into your hands. Also if you're like me and like a good lather you will need to use a bit more than the average amount of liquid facial cleanser (or even more compared to the foaming cleansers). I'm trying to get rid of dark spots on my chin which this does not seem to be helping with or maybe it takes longer to work on.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Exciting product to use purely because of novelty. I feel like such a geisha using this and massaging it into my face. It's drying with too frequent use but you're not really supposed to use it that frequently. HAVE noticed brightening effect, skin looks lighter.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. Leaves my skin supersoft and shining. I use it 3 to 4 times a week, and my skin loves it. It is expensive, but a big bottle lasts me over a year.

SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY!!! This might make you think it's actually helping your skin and then one day BAM ! PAINful cysts everywhere!!!!. I used it as the bottle directed, at first I didn't notice any difference except for mild dryness. After about a week of daily use my jawline and chin started breaking out like I haven't seen since my teenage years (I'm 30). I thought that maybe my skin was "purging" so I kept using it for another week, but the breakouts got worse and I started getting painful bumps on my jawline, combined with tons of whiteheads. I stopped using it and it is taking forever for my poor skin to heal.

I must say that I am rather impressed by this odd little exfoliator.

To start, I have dry-combination skin, which is quite prone to flakiness in the chin area regardless what I do, and is oily on my nose due to obnoxious sebaceous filaments that never go away (aside - I highly suggest everyone google "sebaceous filament." They're different and much more obnoxious than large pores, which is what I thought my problem was).

Accordingly, my skin was always quite dull, and I was unable to wear liquid foundation as it would cling to my dry patches. I was an avid Clinique 3-step user, but found it doing absolutely nothing. Grittier exfoliator's like Clinique's 7 Day Scrub cream did nothing but exacerbate my red rosacea-like patches on my cheeks, so I was at an impasse with dry, sad, irritated skin.

Finally, during my first facial (at Ulta), the aesthetician suggested I try this. And she was spot on.

The microfoliant is so small that it doesn't irritate my skin the way larger exfoliators do - it just seems to lightly buff away the deadness, and leaves no signs of redness. It contains colloidal oatmeal, so I suspect this also helps calm. It is, however, still enough scrubbing to buff away the sebaceous filaments on my nose -- which actually stick out of the skin somewhat like blackheads.

I use it every other day, and have noticed such an improvement in my skin's glow. So much so that a few people noticed (so basically, this helps improve my confidence, too).

I was slightly weirded out by the packaging at first - it's dry, and you mix it in your hand with water and apply. But actually, I sort of like it now. I find that I use far less than the directions say, so it lasts much longer (leaving the price easier to swallow). It can be tricky to get the powder-water ratio right, so I usually keep an old 1/4 teaspoon near it to avoid splooshes from the faucet - or container. I do find that even if I seemingly "mess up" the ratio, it still buffs just fine.

I will definitely be buying this produce again. It reduces my flakiness so much and really does add glow that rivals a 20 minute mini-facial.