December 21, 2014 | 1941 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Black Satin - European Version

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by vespertilia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would've never bought this myself because I think the price is excessive for a plain black polish. But received as a gift, I'm happy with it. One coat goes on as a subtle dark grey, only the second coat makes it really black. It's very true to its name, it really has a satin feel to it - smooth, glossy, somehow multidimensional. Very sophisticated and not goth if you don't want it to be. Can't comment on wear yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by sohvi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This might be my new favourite np...

It is a true black, no sparkle, just a little satiny sheen. It's not a goth/emo polish, to me it seems grown up and put together/ sleek when applied to well-groomed, short nails.

The consictency is quite nice, not runny at all, but also not pasty. Just lovely and creamy. Fairly easy to put on even for someone like me who only wears np on weekends.

I find that one coat is sufficient for me (I do the base coat/ np/ top coat routine though).

At first the price seemed really high to me, but this polish really is worth every cent. Definately the HG of black mail polishes!
I am actually glad that it has *no* sparkle. So chic!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

For a durable and long lasting nail polish I always go to Chanel. I hesitated to spend so much on a black nail varnish, but after all the raves and good reviews I decided to bite the bullet and hand over the cash.

And I am glad I did. The polish is a matte black which goes on creamy and is glossy. Two coats is prefect and what astonishes me about Chanel is just how long it manages to stay put. I'm used to polishes chipping within a day or two (even with the best of topcoats!) and Chanel just doesn't. It lasts well enough for me to only repaint my nails when I get bored of the colour, so like about 4/5 days.

This colour is awesome. No I don't see it as 'gothy' as some people do but classy and chic as long as they are always painted on short but neat nails. I would say, if you want a black polish and can afford to splash out on this one, then go for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

First off, this is dang expensive; $25 Cdn for black nail polish? Hoo, boy! My parents do *not* need not know about this! Moving on! The version sold here in Canada is made in France, so it's the pure black version, which I prefer over the shimmery US version; it just seems more, I don't know, sleek? I never use base coat, top coat, blah blah blah, and I do notice that the tips of my nails "fade" faster than the tips of the other lovely ladies that I know who use this and do the base-colour-top coat procedure. Regardless, it is still a beautiful, shiny, classy black (can black nails be classy?) which for some reason really seems to catch the wandering eyes of men.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I got this lovely shade in a swap and just love it! It's a creamy true black, but not so inky that it translates to goth city...It is super glossy and reminds me of patent leather. The polish is thin, typical of black n/p's, and I'm not crazy about the thin brush, but application is great after two coats. Wearability is pretty great too. I've touched up a couple of minor chips after a couple of days of wear, but this is better than I've ever seen with a black n/p. Great quality!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

this is an amazing np...its truely like its name. yes it is black and has a satin finish...its a shimmering black kinda like a black satin dress that shines when the light flashes on it...however i doubt i would have much use of this...just not into black np...but if u love black np...get this! its strangely memerising when you have it on...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 6:51:00 AM More reviews by vanillaaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE this!! i got the made in france version from my local sephora in my country. its amazing to say the very least!! just a creamy black that truely looks wow!! i enjoy applying it as its so easy.. and u cant ever go wrong with chanel nail polish ( i tried some other brands.. they didnt even come near chanel's quality!).
its a great color for winter : ) spices up ur outfit

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Superhen

Yesterday I had fun at the Chanel counter !!
You can pics in my gallery, you see on my hand : Ballerina, Rouge noir, noir ceramic and black satin. All colors just one coat.
The green background pic is in sunlight, the white one in with flash.
About BLACK SATIN : I LOVE IT !!
Shiny and easy to use, I would wear is with a pink romantic top.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 7:30:00 AM More reviews by gemski107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

love this!! true black varnish, very shiny! great packaging and lasts ages! would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kisa228

WOW!!! What can I say about this color except that I LOVE it!!!!. The color is nothing that I thought it would be and even my mum commented on how nice it looks on my short well-manicured nails. It looks so put together especially on short nails so you don't look so Elvira-ish. Too bad you can't find this anymore but I am sure I can find it on ebay! Will buy it again and again!!!