Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/28/2015 4:29:00 PM

There was a version of this palette that was discontinued (which is the one I have). My issue with the packaging is that it doesn't close, but rather has a magnetic clip that holds it together (so you slid the top off). Most of the shades are shimmery, and I don't find that too useful for everyday use. I took a lippie off for that.

All Urban Decay products are pretty pricey, but they're also good quality, so although I would not repurchase this particular palette, I would buy a different one.

on 1/8/2015 4:15:00 AM

I got this palette as a gift. I can say that I really do enjoy it, it has a variety of shades from neutral to colorful. I only wish it did have a few matte shades in there. All the shadows are very shimmery. Although i do love my sparkly eyes i do need something to balance it out with. This palette can't be used alone you would need those matte shades to add some depth to your look.

on 11/4/2014 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my first high end eye palette and in the beginning I loved it. However over time I started picking it up less and less. The packaging is nice with the exception of the flimsy cosmetic sponge on a stick it came with. HATED! I love the magnetic closing and how travel friendly it is. The relaunched version you now get a brush and samples of the primer potion. Now they have some amazing colors in this palette such as smog, mildew, last call and chopper but the other shades were wayyyyyy to glittery for me. Of course the colors are pigmented and go on smooth. this is urban decay were talking about...lol. I returned this product solely because it wasn't versatile enough for me. It wasn't that many looks I could do with this palette. Yes it does have a black ( oil slick) but it has glitter in it and I like most people like a matte black to use for a smoky eye. Overall its not a sucky palette, I just wish It has colors that go hand and hand. Therefore you can make multiple looks which means getting the most out of your money!

on 8/30/2014 7:05:00 AM

I have had the original Ammo palette for quite some time so it's looking very well used and very well loved as it's in constant rotation having some of my favourite UD shadows.

I love Polyester Bride as an inner corner highlight, but the absolute winner in this palette for me is the beautiful mauve Grifter - I love this shimmery mauve so much I would buy this on it's own or this palette again just for this shade. Shattered is a gorgeous light turquoise and Oil Slick makes a great shimmery black shadow eye liner. For a small palette it's actually quite versatile when paired with something like the Naked Basics. As this contains browns/golds with a matte colour or two you can do a neutral eye as well.

There is a little fallout with this palette but nothing too drastic if you are careful, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride seem the worst culprits for this but brush away easily enough. The formula of these shadows are smooth and buttery to apply, blending easily and staying true to colour all day with a primer. I know there is a newer version of the Ammo palette with re-formulated shadows in the same colours. However this works fine enough not to warrant an up date yet.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love UD... that is all.

My obsession with UD is far more than just that but, keep it simple :-)

Chopper, Sin, Polyester Bride, Maui Wowie, Oil Slick and Smog are my favorites for everyday use out of this palette. I have never used Shattered as I don't think it compliments me well. It's a very pretty color, though. Grifter and Last Call make an awesome "going out" smoky eye look with Oil Slick! Same with Mildew and Oil Slick with a touch of Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride.

Love. Just love.

This palette... if you enjoy glitter and bright colors, you'll like this. It was my first palette with non-nude colors and I occasionally use it for a pop of glittery color.
However, this palette is not one I use every day.
I enjoy all the colors except Polyester Bride - the glittery white. The white doesn't come off white enough, if that makes sense. However, the glitter is heavy.
Fall out is incredible. This is not an easy-to-work-with palette.
I use it from time to time, but prefer the UD Electric palette for color.
Won't be repurchasing.

I have just re-discovered the fun of eyeshadow. Last Monday I popped by MAC to get a few tips. They tried a nice teal frost and I bought it for $20. By Friday I realized I needed some kind of primer, so I decided to go to Sephora on my way home. I saw this and just had to have it! For just twice what I paid for the single at MAC, I got this cute set with a sample primer, a useful brush and 10 really cool shades to play with!!!!! I have been playing with this all weekend. I love the primer and find all the colours very fun. You can use this set to get ready for anything. I have found very little fall-out and the glitter is fine. I guess I have the newer set. You can use the colours in many ways. I am just learning what works for me.
I really wanted fun colours to play with. This set gives me colours that pop as well as more neutral ones. With the primer, it lasts all day! Even though I paid full price, I am very happy with my purchase.

on 3/9/2014 2:40:00 PM

Ammo was a palette I wanted the first time it launched, but never got around to buying it. When they re-released it, with the new eyeshadow formula, I was super excited. I finally got a chance to swatch these shades at Ulta recently and bought the last Ammo palette. The reason I settled on Ammo, instead of the more popular Naked palettes, is because I already own so many neutral and rose-gold shadows in brands like Wet 'n Wild and L'Oreal and Coastal Scents that I really like them. When it comes to bold color, however, nobody beats Urban Decay, in my humble opinion. If I want neutrals, I turn to my less expensive shadows. It I want BAM! pops of color, I go with Urban Decay every time.

This palette contains 10 shades - Smog, Mildew, Last Call, Oil Slick, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, and Sin. These range from satiny shimmers to glitter bombs. These are all part of UD's permanent eyeshadow line. This review is for the palette with UD's new formula, so I can't compare fallout to older UD.

Some people have stated that this palette isn't practical for every day looks. I have to respectfully disagree. I actually wore Smog, Sin, and Mildew on my lids to church this morning, and I attend a very conservative, traditional church and it looked appropriate. Yes, you could pile on some Oil Slick and Shattered for a wild look, but with a light hand and good brushes you can use these shades to create daytime looks.

The shades come in a sturdy cardboard compact that is a nice size for travel. It has a strong magnetic closure. The outside of the box is a gorgeous silver with a purple embossed decorative skull with tiny little details in the line work. Inside there is a generous size mirror and a small makeup brush with "UD" and a little skull printed at the base of the handle. UD also includes a sample size tube of their original Primer Potion. I am pretty loyal to Milani, but since it was a freebie I have used the PP. It works about the same as the Milani.

This retails for around $34, but it goes on sale quite regularly at Ulta and Sephora. The texture of the shades varies. Mildew, Smog, Sin, Last Call, and Shattered are all buttery soft, apply beautifully, and blend exceptionally well. Oil Slick and Polyester Bride have a rather off-putting feel to them. Almost chalky due to the large amount of glitter. I tried using Polyester Bride on my inner lids and it irritated my eyes something fierce. I'm not sure if that's a shade I'll dip into often, if at all. The other shades in the palette fall somewhere in between the others in terms of how they feel.

All have rich color payoff, which is to be expected from Urban Decay. Oil Slick is a little patchy, but with a good brush and maybe patting it onto the lid, or using it to set a liquid eyeliner, I can see where it would be nice. There is a lot of fallout, granted, it's not as bad as some of the older reviews (pre-formula revamp) reported. I apply my eyeshadow first, then my foundation afterward, so that I can use a makeup remover wipe after shadow application to clean up any fallout. I found that Smog left quiet a bit of shimmer under my eyes and along the bridge of my nose even using a light hand and tapping my brushes before application.

Would I buy this entire palette again? No, but I would invest in full-sized versions of Mildew, Sin, Smog, Shattered, and Grifter.

I bought this on a whim from the Urban Decay website as I saw this was on sale for 15 dollars I said why not! I do like this pallette I love Maui Wowie,smog,sin,and chopper. I use almost all the colors in this palette except mildew and that light blue color. The only thing I don't like is that the glitter fallout is redicuolus it will ruin the rest of your makeup so do your shadow first if your using this pallette!

on 11/20/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the palette that started my UD obsession (ok, maybe addiction!) Many of the colors do have lots of glitter, so if you aren't a fan of being sparkly this palette is not for you. I have the older "vintage" version of Ammo and don't have nearly the glitter fall out issues many other reviewers complain of. I always use an eye primer and a sticky base (Too Faced Glitter Glue, NYX Milk) under the glitter shades. I also apply the glitters with my finger, I press the shadow onto my lid instead of using a brush. The standout colors of this palette are Mildew, Grifter, and Mowie Wowie. I have also recently layered Mildew and Shattered over each other and end up with an amazing, almost duo-tone, teal green. This is such a great palette, and of the 10 UD palettes I own, this is one of my favorites.

Popular Palettes