November 20, 2014 | 1965 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by susu19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an easy to work foundation for me.
My skin needs moisture, not oil and that one gives me an natuaral good skin look.
I am a person who do not like to put foundation on with a brush, because my skin soaks up all the moisture from ANY foundation and what is still there, the pigment. Hate it!
So I put it on with my fingers, ready!
No pump? Honestly, we guys spend so much money on makeup, the coast for an extra pump don`t matter.
Coverage: Sheer / medium but you can layer it softly.
Scent? Not a problem for me.
A big bonus : No breakouts.
On my skin this formulation looks even better after a few hours and I do not like 24 hourslonglastingsweatprooffoundations, it is a unnatural thing for me, like carfinish...
So if you want support your good skin with foundation like me, it is for you.
Btw. I do not think foundation is the remedy of skin issues, it is the lifestyle and the genes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupforever71

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do love this product in terms of it feeling nice and hydrating on my dry skin however i do find this foundation very watery which is find but you would think that a pump would be added for the watery consistency but in fact you have to pour it out which i find i keep pouring way too much out. I would definitely suggest you buy a pump with this. I also find that this foundation transfers which can be a pain especially if it transfers onto your clothes. In term of the the way this foundation looks, it looks great. I do however suggest that you use less than you usually would as you can look very oily even for my very dry skin. I would say its a light coverage but you can build it up to medium but just be careful that you don't look too shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by poppynowell92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE the Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation I have VERY dry skin and this is just perfect of me using the right tools. On a hot day I would recommend putting on less than you usually would as the foundation leaves a dewy finish and sometimes can leave your face looking hot (sweaty). The main criticism about this product would have to be the packaging - I waste so much by not being able to pump out in small amounts and leaves my pallets and dressing table very messy. Some people say the consistency is too watery but if used with the Bobbi Brown Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick in the same shade using the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush it works wonders!

PRO'S
- Great for dry skin
- Leaves face looking radiant
- Perfect skin matches
- Easily combined with touch up / concealer as same colours

CON'S
- Can leave face looking too dewy
- Packaging means a lot is wasted and messy
- Sits in hairline without blending very easily

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by cj917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved everything about this foundation. I have olive skin and I am very dry in the winter. The finish on this foundation was beautiful, a nice dewy finish and perfect color match. Unfortunately, it broke me out all over my face. Very disappointing, however, I have sensitive skin. That being said, if this did not break me out it would be HG for me. So my search continues!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Coraldc

I was soooo disappointed with this product. I got colour matched at a department store, and was really excited to find a foundation that actually matched my complexion, as I have really fair skin. It looked really good when she put it on me in the store, so I ended up buying a bottle in the shade porcelain.

By the time I got home, the powder she had put on my face had all been absorbed by the foundation, and I looked super dewy.... like far beyond dewy I looked like my whole face had been sweating.

When I put this product on the next day, it looked terrible. I had to put so much powder on to tone down the shininess, and I had to keep my powder with me during the day - I reapplied it so many times it was ridiculous.

It felt like the foundation was just sitting on my face, and like it was melting off during the day. If you have dry skin this product might be OK for you, however for someone with combination/oily skin like me, it was horrible (even though the sales assistant told me it was suitable for combination/oily skin).

Packaging is poor - it doesn't come with a pump, so you end up wasting product and it's very messy, No pamphlet in the box and no ingredients list displayed anywhere on the box or bottle.

I took it back to the store and they refunded it for me - at least the customer service was good!

PROS:
- Doesn't dry too quickly so it's easy to blend
- Shade matched me perfectly
- There's a large range of shades in the Bobbi Brown range
- Moisture rich, may suit those with dry skin

CONS:
- Finish is way too dewy/shiny for those prone to oily skin
- Expensive
- Felt like it was melting off my face
- Doesn't come with a pump, so is messy and a lot of product is wasted
- Apparently they test on animals now... not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Jadefa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation. I use warm sand, and when applied with the right brush, it makes my skin radiant and dewey. If you want a matte look on your skin? Don't buy this. This is very moisturising. I gave this a 5 star because the effects it gives on my skin, however the downfall to this is the bottle has no pump so sometimes when getting foundation out the bottle too much goes on my hand. The smell is nice, not as lemony as the extra repair foundation/extra repair moisturiser, more subtle but slightly lemony. For a more airbrushed look I apply this with a stippling brush. I love it just wish the bottle had a pump so you don't end up wasting product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

ONLY FOR THE DRIEST OF SKINS- VERY OILY

I've used this for a few years and can't quite believe I'm giving it 3 stars!
But I've liked it less and less. It stays looking 'wet' and then just fades.

COLOUR RANGE
Porcelain. It's one of the only foundation shades that matches my pale skin and is unperfumed. Despite BB being yellow toned make up this is on the pink side. It's darker than Porcelain in Skin Foundation even though they are supposed to be the same.

However, that is where the love affair ends! Never been 100% happy with it and find it hard to know why it has such rave reviews.

MOISTURE
Too much!
Although I am 50s, my skin is pretty good. On application it has no coverage ( don't know why others think it is thick) and looks shiny. The sheen doesn't go- it doesn't sink into your skin- you are just left with an oily looking face with hardly any coverage- in my opinion.

COVERAGE
Not enough!
This has light to medium coverage but it doesn't last and if you try to build it up I find it looks greasy and kind of 'blebs' on your skin. I've always topped up the coverage with BB Stick Foundation over my T zone, which helps but that makes for a pretty pricey foundation- buying both.

There is also a bit of a 'reaction' for me if I use it on my eyelids, to cover redness before using shadow, my eyes water slightly for a couple of hours and I've never known this happen with any other foundation.

So- too greasy and has no staying power even on mature, normal skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by chaosstar17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a Bobbi foundation because I've heard that they're good for people with yellow undertones. I got matched to shade 2 (sand) but it was actually still slightly too pink for me. I mixed a little green concealer in to counteract the pink tones, and then it became a much better match. Other than that though, the coverage was sheer, un-buildable, and very short-lived. It doesn't do anything for redness. I thought this would be good for my dry skin, but it never felt like it actually did anything other than stay as a layer on top of my skin and give me a really oily looking shine after just 2 hours. Even with setting powder, which I normally hate to use because of my dryness, the shine broke through sooner or later and transferred really easily onto my clothes. Also the bottle doesn't have a pump, so it's hard really hard to get the amount you want and feels really unhygienic and messy.

TLDR - not a bad color match for fair skin with yellow undertones, very sheer, very oily looking, bad packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I too am a NC 30 and was matched up to the shade natural 4. It looks as great outdoors in natural light as it does in the store. It is so hydrating, I don't need a primer, moisturizer or applicator. It's everything I've wanted a BB cream to be. I love the SPF to protect my skin. I never spray tan or sunbathe, and this shade matches my natural skin exactly. Lucky me! I read that Kate Middleton had been visiting a spray tan booth in preparation for her wedding day and vacation. Normally, she is very fair but obviously had to match the foundation to her tan. I tried & found #3 too pale, and #4.25 too yellow. My SA told me the half shades are the tonal ones, and shade number doesn't necessarily mean darker--just that the tone might be more pink, peach or yellow.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by glitter22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm quite disappointed with this foundation this is purely down to the shade match only. I am a NC 30 and was matched up to the shade natural 4. In the store it looked fine as it usually does. But when I applied it at home the colour looked strange on me. It's as if the colour just sits on the skin leaving a strange murky cast on my face. I've tried it on with different moisturisers/primers/applicators but it still does not look natural. I find it hard to believe that that Kate Middleton wore this exact shade on her wedding day considering how fair she is! I mean my skin is light and Asian toned but even this colour looked strangely dark on me. I even tried on the warm beige 3.5 but even this shade looked darker than the 4 natural! This foundation is overrated considering how expensive it is and it doesn't even come with a pump. I wouldn't bother wasting £30.