April 18, 2014 | 1693 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Coraldc

I was soooo disappointed with this product. I got colour matched at a department store, and was really excited to find a foundation that actually matched my complexion, as I have really fair skin. It looked really good when she put it on me in the store, so I ended up buying a bottle in the shade porcelain.

By the time I got home, the powder she had put on my face had all been absorbed by the foundation, and I looked super dewy.... like far beyond dewy I looked like my whole face had been sweating.

When I put this product on the next day, it looked terrible. I had to put so much powder on to tone down the shininess, and I had to keep my powder with me during the day - I reapplied it so many times it was ridiculous.

It felt like the foundation was just sitting on my face, and like it was melting off during the day. If you have dry skin this product might be OK for you, however for someone with combination/oily skin like me, it was horrible (even though the sales assistant told me it was suitable for combination/oily skin).

Packaging is poor - it doesn't come with a pump, so you end up wasting product and it's very messy, No pamphlet in the box and no ingredients list displayed anywhere on the box or bottle.

I took it back to the store and they refunded it for me - at least the customer service was good!

PROS:
- Doesn't dry too quickly so it's easy to blend
- Shade matched me perfectly
- There's a large range of shades in the Bobbi Brown range
- Moisture rich, may suit those with dry skin

CONS:
- Finish is way too dewy/shiny for those prone to oily skin
- Expensive
- Felt like it was melting off my face
- Doesn't come with a pump, so is messy and a lot of product is wasted
- Apparently they test on animals now... not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Jadefa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation. I use warm sand, and when applied with the right brush, it makes my skin radiant and dewey. If you want a matte look on your skin? Don't buy this. This is very moisturising. I gave this a 5 star because the effects it gives on my skin, however the downfall to this is the bottle has no pump so sometimes when getting foundation out the bottle too much goes on my hand. The smell is nice, not as lemony as the extra repair foundation/extra repair moisturiser, more subtle but slightly lemony. For a more airbrushed look I apply this with a stippling brush. I love it just wish the bottle had a pump so you don't end up wasting product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this for a few years and can't quite believe I'm giving it 2 stars!
But I've liked it less and less, and am constantly hunting for my perfect foundation. I've now changed to their Skin Foundation and have reviewed that too.

The main reason for buying this is the colour: Porcelain. It's one of the only foundation shades that matches my pale skin and is unperfumed. Despite BB being yellow toned make up this is on the pink side.

However, that is where the love affair ends! Never been 100% happy with it and find it hard to know why it has such rave reviews.

Moisture- too much!
Although I am 50s, my skin is pretty good but because I am 'older' I find make up assts steer me towards foundations with moisture but this is far too greasy for me. On application is has no coverage ( don't know why others think it is thick) and looks shiny. The sheen doesn't go- it doesn't sink into your skin- you are just left with an oily looking face with hardly any coverage- in my opinion.

Coverage- not enough!
This has light to medium coverage but it doesn't last and if you try to build it up I find it looks greasy and kind of 'blebs' on your skin. I've always topped up the coverage with BB Stick Foundation over my T zone, which helps but that makes for a pretty pricey foundation- buying both.

There is also a bit of a 'reaction' for me if I use it on my eyelids, to cover redness before using shadow, my eyes water slightly for a couple of hours and I've never known this happen with any other foundation.

Overall- BB Moisture Rich is in my opinion not a lot heavier than a tinted moisturiser. Might be great for really dry skin if you want light coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by chaosstar17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a Bobbi foundation because I've heard that they're good for people with yellow undertones. I got matched to shade 2 (sand) but it was actually still slightly too pink for me. I mixed a little green concealer in to counteract the pink tones, and then it became a much better match. Other than that though, the coverage was sheer, un-buildable, and very short-lived. It doesn't do anything for redness. I thought this would be good for my dry skin, but it never felt like it actually did anything other than stay as a layer on top of my skin and give me a really oily looking shine after just 2 hours. Even with setting powder, which I normally hate to use because of my dryness, the shine broke through sooner or later and transferred really easily onto my clothes. Also the bottle doesn't have a pump, so it's hard really hard to get the amount you want and feels really unhygienic and messy.

TLDR - not a bad color match for fair skin with yellow undertones, very sheer, very oily looking, bad packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I too am a NC 30 and was matched up to the shade natural 4. It looks as great outdoors in natural light as it does in the store. It is so hydrating, I don't need a primer, moisturizer or applicator. It's everything I've wanted a BB cream to be. I love the SPF to protect my skin. I never spray tan or sunbathe, and this shade matches my natural skin exactly. Lucky me! I read that Kate Middleton had been visiting a spray tan booth in preparation for her wedding day and vacation. Normally, she is very fair but obviously had to match the foundation to her tan. I tried & found #3 too pale, and #4.25 too yellow. My SA told me the half shades are the tonal ones, and shade number doesn't necessarily mean darker--just that the tone might be more pink, peach or yellow.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by glitter22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm quite disappointed with this foundation this is purely down to the shade match only. I am a NC 30 and was matched up to the shade natural 4. In the store it looked fine as it usually does. But when I applied it at home the colour looked strange on me. It's as if the colour just sits on the skin leaving a strange murky cast on my face. I've tried it on with different moisturisers/primers/applicators but it still does not look natural. I find it hard to believe that that Kate Middleton wore this exact shade on her wedding day considering how fair she is! I mean my skin is light and Asian toned but even this colour looked strangely dark on me. I even tried on the warm beige 3.5 but even this shade looked darker than the 4 natural! This foundation is overrated considering how expensive it is and it doesn't even come with a pump. I wouldn't bother wasting £30.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm kind of on the fence about this foundation. I like the porcelain color, and it doesn't irritate my skin, but the coverage is kind of odd. It has fairly light coverage, and the coverage is not easily buildable. It streaks if applied too heavily. It does have a nice texture and applies smoothly. The sunscreen is effective and it is moisturizing as well. But if applied over the wrong moisturizer it doesn't look good--it accentuates pores and looks shiny, plus it will smudge off badly even after being set with powder. I found that it only really worked well for me when used in place of a moisturizer. I plan on trying other foundations before determining if I will purchase this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by emilyjonesx

I brought this product around 3 months ago and still have very much of it left which is a bonus, BUT i have to say the consistancy is close to water! also i find that this product doesn't suit my combo skin, face does feel a little greasy. unhappy as usually i LOVE the bobby brown make up but this one's a no go if you suffer with oily/combo skin.

Thumbs down (N)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I was very happy with how this product went. A few reviews that I read made it seem like this would be a very heavy foundation but that wasn't the case at all. It was very nice fluffy and light. This foundation also blended effortlessly, did not irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts, and did not change color through the day. I used my normal moisturizer with this and had no issues with dry skin.

One thing that you may want to note is that if you have very very light skin, this may be too dark for you. I highly recommend for all skin types and this is a great one if you have sensitive skin!! Great product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: HG status for me. I'm doing a course of Accutane and this works perfectly over flakes. And when you have deep chocolate skin, you need something that will give you a bit of glow. This does just that without making me look like a greaseball.

Before you use this foundation, you really need to understand Bobbi Brown's beauty philosophy. She is not a "cover every single flaw you have" beauty mogul. Rather, she, like my grandma, believes make up should enhance what you have. (Easy for her to say! Her skin is flawless.)

Once I learned to embrace this philosophy, I learned to really like Bobbi's foundations. This one is light to medium coverage with beautiful colors (I am NW50 and wear Walnut in this one. NO one, not even MAC, makes colors for women of color as well as Bobbi.) I like that it's buildable without looking cakey and really does leave my dry/sensitive/acne prone skin looking healthy and hydrated.

But don't expect long wear! You get maybe four hours out of this stuff. ( I just carry my Bobbi Brown stick with me if I need to touch up.)

Also, I skip the hefty store price tag and buy this on Ebay. Love that!