July 30, 2014 | 1837 users online

Loose Powders - Christian Dior - Diorskin Poudre Libre

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by benjina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised to see so many negative reviews of this product. I think it's great! I have oily skin and use this loose powder to set my makeup. The color I use is 003, and it works great on my tan/dark/golden undertone skin. Since my skin is oily, most powders I use darken slightly on my face. This powder is the perfect color for me when paired with my Diorskin Nude foundation in 040. The powder goes on light, and helps mattify my oily skin. Of course I need touch ups during the day, but this is a great setting powder. It's definitely sheer and not cakey.

The packaging is okay. It's bulky and heavy, with an awkward, large container shape. It suits me fine because I leave it on my dresser, but I do travel a lot, and this does pose a problem for me when I travel. I still love it enough to take it with me everywhere.

A tip for those of you who think it's messy: don't peel off the entire sticker that is holding the powder in the container. Pull back the sticker part-way, and cut enough of it to expose 3-4 holes, and leave the rest of the holes covered. This will limit how much powder comes out, and doesn't make a powder mess. Also, not sure why they include a powder puff. Maybe to use for more coverage? I haven't used the puff, but use a brush to apply the powder. A little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Really don't like this powder. Doesn't provide coverage, maximizes redness on my face, I am just very disappointed at this expensive but useless powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by ArBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Is this the Christian Dior Poudre Plus Fine-Poudre Libre?
If yes, I bought it in 660.
Definitely NOT worth the price.
I don't know about the staying power because i never had it for more than 30 min,before my skin starts to break out. Like immediately? Even though i use my regular powder brush.
It it a very light powder and provides light coverage i guess?
If you try to get a medium coverage with that,i guess that it will look cakey.
I tried this twice to find out that this product is definitely not suited for me.
AND I HATE the packaging.
Its like one of those gigantic French medieval boxes,and both times i tried to put it on,it gets ALL OVER THE PLACE.
Even when it is closed,and back into the box,when i open it again some other day,i see that some of the product actually managed to slip off.
Why?How? I don't know,and seriously i don't want to know.
This is the 3rd Dior Cosmetic that i've bought and tried to no avail. I HATE Christian Dior Cosmetics now. :)
NOT recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by noisome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Iridescent Rose #611, it's a pinkish-translucent superfine powder full of silver glitter. There's no way this could be worn in the day, and I'm actually quite partial to sparkles. It's the sort of thing that looks fantastically glowy in a dark club but just plain weird in normal light. I think this is discontinued.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

This is the only dior procuct that is oil free.So it s oil free,comes in 3 shades the 2 of them have pink undertones and the last one has a dark orengy,peachy coloure.Has very nice light,soft texture and a matte but luminous finish.Its ultralucent enough and non drying at all.The packaging is beautiful and the brush that comes with the product very good too.Ofcourse this product has zero coverage but thats ok because nobody should expect from a loose powder to cover and if you do STOP IT.Loose powder s job is to sets foundation NOTHING ELSE.But ( there is always a but) here in Greece(where I live) the price of this product is.... I think 40 euros.........Also I think that the oil control power of this product Its ...........not so good.......Ofcourse,as all the dior products,this powder has a lot of perfume and It smells quite strong.The loose powder from mac is much better.Thats why I will not buy again this product
INGREDIENTS:Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Lauroyl Lysine, Crosspolymer, Mythylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Talc, Bytylparaben, Aluminum Dimyristate, Mica, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cycloehexene, Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Innone, Coumarin

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Delerith

I think all my disappointment with this powder is that I've bought the wrong shade. Except this I can say it's excellent! I checked many packages before buying this and I like the box and the brush quality. I have it in 200 which is a little dark or may be it's better to say yellowish for me. I think the amount is so huge that it will last me 3 or more years!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 12:17:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this loose powder. It is heavily fragranced. The compact is so hard to use so I ended up digging my Chanel loose powder container from the trash can and pooring all the Dior loose powder to Chanel container. The color is fine and it must be the only good thing about this loose powder. My skintype is not even oily but after I started using this, I have noticed my makeup always sliding off, my eye shadow too!This does not do what loose powder should. It is waste of my money. Too bad, I cant return things here in europe so I quess I have to keep using this. I am sure I will run out really quickly because I have to use loads of this.