October 25, 2014 | 1340 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - SECRET DE VIE

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mltussing

Decent product, but not better than others I've tried. Though I'm in my 40s, I have oily skin so use moisturizer sparingly. I got this in a care package from a high-end department store. Don't see what the fuss is about.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer is fine, but I don't really understand how it justifies the price tag. My skin is oily/acne prone and I have almost no signs of aging yet, so I use products like this for prevention. This didn't break me out or otherwise cause my skin to flip out, but it felt and behaved like anything else. The description from the Lancome site is just a lot of patented names and marketing jargon (Extrait de Vie™, Sucre Vital™, etc.), with very little information on how anything actually works or what is in it beyond flowery names. For a product that still contains fillers and artificial ingredients, I have no interest in paying $200-something an ounce.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by cruz111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i love this cream wow!!!!!!! it feels amazing. I have oily/acne prone skin so i only use i bit and moisturizes my hole face and for the first time my face is clear not a single blemish!!!!!!! since my skin is not producing too much oil :-) I've been using it for about 2 moths and i still have more than half of the jar. I know it is expensive but i'm gonna keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 6:27:00 AM More reviews by secretdiva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this product, its always on my bedside table. i started using this product when i was 15 and now i'm 16. i pinched this product from my mum as she works from lancome and recieved this from her allocation. i also use the secret de vie cleanser with the moisture, and i have to say it has a fab texture. i have dry skin and have used many products such as clinique moisturiser, estee lauder hydrex and benefits dear john but i found that secret de vie is number one. it makes my skin feel fab and refreshed every morning. i put this on every day before school, and my friends always say that my skin looks soo soft. this is a product i'll probably be using for a very long time to come. it is an awesome product , and i have to say the cute round tub moisturiser is soo adorable and looking forward to having super soft skin forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Seraphic

Oh god this is the most luxurious feeling face and eye cream I have ever tried. I got these as a sample and I'm addicted (even though they're for mature skin =( ) I really was debating buying these until I saw the price tag. About $400.00 CAD for both items is a little more then I can afford to dish out on face products that last about 6 months really. It really makes my skin feel so soft and hydrated, it's the most amazing feeling ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by jeo221

I love this cream! Yes the $240 price tag can be a little steep, but my skin feels great! After a month I noticed my skin felt much softer. I went to using Primordiale from Lancome when I ran out of Secret de vie, but after a week I had to get another jar. Nothing compares to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by azn_babay_kat

Dang! What am I going to do now? I'm completely in LOVE with this cream. Except it's $285 a pop.

First of all, the texture! oh my! Most Lancome products are generally way too rich for my combo skin and that is prone to dehydration, so I originally ordered it for my mom but I couldn't resist opening the jar and use a little of it. The texture of this cream is a light, fluffy, soft texture in a ivory cream colour. It instantly melts into your skin, without leaving it greasy or heavy. My face is instantly softened and perfected with a velvet feel (I think there could be a little bit of silicone in this product, which I think is ok in small doses).

The instant result is definitely smoothness and softness! It gives you the kind of radiance you would get after using an intensive vitamin c mask and micro-d, and gives you that soft glow on your face, I almost didn't want to put on makeup (which is quite a thing to say for me) because my skin looked sooo much better instantly!

After using it for 3 weeks, I'm going to say that this has improved the texture and tone of my skin, evening out skintone and gives me a soft glow! This is definitely a luxury splurge i-need-to-treat-myself-like-a-princess product as I don't have any fine lines on my face yet :P but dang! i cant wait to use this 20 years from now (or the super new and improved age reversing miracle version of it Lancome develops in the future).... this is going back to mommy so she can use it with the secret de vie eye!

FYI, i totally don't need this cream yet, i'm in my early 20s, combo skin, slightly prone to breakouts. I have been using this with Lancome Mousse Clarte, Tonique Douceur, and Korres Wild Rose Brightening serum day and night.

EDITED TO ADD: Meh, I`m over this cream. After a week or two, this moisturizer started clogging my pores and the scent is simply too much at night. It`s probably from the cones in it as my skin is quite sensitive to it (not mineral oil though.. go figure). Changing this to a 2 because it just doesn`t justify the price tag. Lancome really needs to improve their moisturizers and serums immensely to compete with EL and similar brands. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by megmeg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loved the little sample jar I got with a recent purchase. I use it as an eye cream. Very moisturizing, absorbs into skin and seems to "plump" it up, rather than a greasy layer sitting on top. My crow's feet aren't nearly as noticeable while I'm wearing this cream. Hope Lancome continues this product as a GWP, because it's $225 (gasp, choke) for the regular size jar!! I'd rather put that money toward a botox treatment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Secret De Vie is a wonderful cream! I've tried LaMer on my super-dry skin in the Wintertime, and it felt thick and heavy and like my face was smothered. I tried the Chanel Sublimage and it felt like grease on my face. Fresh Creme Ancienne is good, but it also feels thick on the face. Secret De Vie is amazing because it moisturizes as well as any of these, without the thick, sticky feel on the skin. It sinks in and dries completely and it can be worn under makeup with no problem or pilling. My generous little sample jar lasted over a week, and I will buy this in full size. Finally, a true dry-skin product that doesn't feel like a thick mask! I took off one lippie for the smell of this product. I don't like the smell. Very green-ish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2007 3:29:00 PM More reviews by cakefarm

Honestly, I'm only 26 and this product is a little too rich for my skin, but I got this for my mother (she's 55 with dry, sensitive skin and well-defined wrinkles). She called to let me know that she's giving up Cream de la Mer for Secret de Vie. Very rich and moisturizing.