October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Last Lip Wear -- 405B Blue Rose

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SassyVee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing!! Beautiful blue shine on a fuchsia lip!! Smooth and creamy application but touch ups are needed. I don't mind tho, I love it that much!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excuse me while I go become addicted to these lil NYC lipsticks. Amazing!! Formula and color is seriously knock-out level gorgeous. Color is a mid-darker fuschia with a bright reflective tone and very slight blue tint. I think this is my new fave and for $2 it is also guilt-free. I think the packaging is kinda cute and different. Wouldn't change a thing. But I do need more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Stpauligirl72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a dupe to Mac's Show Orchid and heard about NYC's Blue Rose here on MUA. I am a very fair blonde with pink undertones and green eyes for reference, and love blue based pinks and fuchsias. I found Blue Rose at Target, for $1.99! Due to the price I was skeptical but what did I have to lose? I use both drugstore and premium brand lipsticks, and while you usually do get what you pay for I am blown away! The packaging sucks so be careful when putting the cap back on, but that's the only caveat. This lipstick glides on and is pigmented - one swipe was all I needed. I did not need a primer or liner, as it does not feather or bleed. There is no scent or taste, and it feels very light on my lips - all hallmarks of a good quality lipstick. It's demi-matte and is slightly drying but retains a nice sheen and is very comfortable to wear. It wore down to a nice stain after awhile but a quick swipe freshened it up nicely. And the color is fantastic. This will work on different skin tones but will look best on cool tones. It is a bright fuchsia with a pronounced blue sheen - if you aren't confident with brights this won't be for you, but I did not find it overpowering. I have worn it full blown and blotted down for a softer effect and both are very pretty, I also put it on over other pinks to make full use of that blue sheen which I think is just gorgeous. Anyway, I know this is long but I can't get over how nice this lipstick is and all for $1.99! I feel like I got a steal, and I'm going to stock up on more just so I'm never without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by nykrod112

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful fuchsia color but pls dont expect it to last 3 complete hours without a good lip primer (or just foundation/concealer underneath it) otherwise it will get blotchy within those 3 hours. Still a great buy for the price, pigment, and quality. Enjoy it bc its in this year!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

OMG this is an HG color for me! I have been on the hunt for this type of color for a long time. I saw they were releasing some new lipsticks from NYC and I checked this out with a few others. THIS is a bright fuchsia and sooooo gorgeous. Oh man, I am so in love with this color. I just got MAC Flat Out Fabulous and this is a close rival.

VERY blue-toned pink, so if you are afraid of them or they don't look good on your skin-tone, stay away. I am a NW20 and am pretty cool. I do not look good in ANY warm colors. They have to be this type of color, VERY cool and blue-based. I don't think this is the color you can tone down or warm up either unfortunately.

Price? 1.99! Formula is better than the old NYC lipsticks. Leaves behind a stain in the same shade. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by LNguyen97

Oh my, what can I say? This shade is GORGEOUS! It's a really bright fuchsia color, perfect for the spring and summer months. It's definitely a bold, statement making color. And when the light hits it, it gives off this beautiful blue sheen which makes it a very unique color to me. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by melaniemallette

Love It! Bought it 3 days ago and I cant stop wearing it!! The shade is beautiful, it feels good on your lips and it is just straight up beautiful! It makes me teeth look really whiter ;p
Packing was confusing though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

O.M.G. I was at work and had a customer with this lippie on. I asked her what it is b/c I love it - and it is Blue Rose by NYC! I picked it up for less than $2!!! SUCH a gorgeous shade. It's a fuchsia pink with very blue undertones - It's hard to describe. It's almost two toned.. and the two tones are balanced and perfect. Funny thing, you would think it would look purple but it is definitely not! I took off some lippies for the packaging - I am impressed about how NYC seals the lipstick with two strips of stickers, but the lippie sticks up about 1/2-1 inch above the tube so if you are not careful, you risk slothing off a chunk of lipstick when you recap. Oh, and it's long lasting! The irridescence and color play remind me of Show Orchid by MAC but Blue Rose is lighter. I will swatch them and update the verdict. I tend to HATE the smell/taste of drug store lippies (ESP L'OREAL! YUCK) ... When I first applied it I was pleasantly surprised by the sweet smell - it's yummy!! Soooo love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by AUserName

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aside from the glaringly shoddy packaging situation, this little lipstick packs a duochrome punch. The predominate fuchsia refracts a violet iridescence that, although creates the illusion of shimmer or frost, really doesn't appear to have any upon more intimate inspection. I am really digging how this shade, instead of fading to the usual nondescript pink stain, actually retains its blueish iridescence even after being blotted--scratch that--indiscriminately wiped off.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it! Not crazy about the packaging, but the shade is gorgeous! Using it with Wet N'Wild lip pencil in Brandywine #666. I am 58 1/2 & pale complected w/ blue green eyes. It is truly blue based. Oranges & browns look horrible on me. This is a winner, as far as I'm concerned. Think it was a whole $1.99. Update-I have subtracted 1 lippie, because, on me, it just has no staying power! None of these lipsticks have great lasting quality. Would probably not repurchase.