November 20, 2014 | 1878 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Last Lip Wear -- 405B Blue Rose

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ladylazarus

bluh bluh terrible packaging. Disregard the shoddy tube and buy Blue Rose for its stunning fuchsia colour payoff and vibrant blue sheen. IMO, Blue Rose is better than MAC Show Orchid. This lippie finishes more matte than other matte-in-name-only lipsticks, and it lasts for a long time without drying out your lips or settling into any lines. Indeed, that blue sheen persists even after the fuchsia base is gone! The vanilla scent that's common to all NYC Ultra Last lipsticks won't linger on the lips, however.

I'd buy this quickly if you're shopping at Wal-Mart in Canada, since many NYC displays here are being replaced with FLOWER Beauty displays.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SassyVee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing!! Beautiful blue shine on a fuchsia lip!! Smooth and creamy application but touch ups are needed. I don't mind tho, I love it that much!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excuse me while I go become addicted to these lil NYC lipsticks. Amazing!! Formula and color is seriously knock-out level gorgeous. Color is a mid-darker fuschia with a bright reflective tone and very slight blue tint. I think this is my new fave and for $2 it is also guilt-free. I think the packaging is kinda cute and different. Wouldn't change a thing. But I do need more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Stpauligirl72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a dupe to Mac's Show Orchid and heard about NYC's Blue Rose here on MUA. I am a very fair blonde with pink undertones and green eyes for reference, and love blue based pinks and fuchsias. I found Blue Rose at Target, for $1.99! Due to the price I was skeptical but what did I have to lose? I use both drugstore and premium brand lipsticks, and while you usually do get what you pay for I am blown away! The packaging sucks so be careful when putting the cap back on, but that's the only caveat. This lipstick glides on and is pigmented - one swipe was all I needed. I did not need a primer or liner, as it does not feather or bleed. There is no scent or taste, and it feels very light on my lips - all hallmarks of a good quality lipstick. It's demi-matte and is slightly drying but retains a nice sheen and is very comfortable to wear. It wore down to a nice stain after awhile but a quick swipe freshened it up nicely. And the color is fantastic. This will work on different skin tones but will look best on cool tones. It is a bright fuchsia with a pronounced blue sheen - if you aren't confident with brights this won't be for you, but I did not find it overpowering. I have worn it full blown and blotted down for a softer effect and both are very pretty, I also put it on over other pinks to make full use of that blue sheen which I think is just gorgeous. Anyway, I know this is long but I can't get over how nice this lipstick is and all for $1.99! I feel like I got a steal, and I'm going to stock up on more just so I'm never without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by nykrod112

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful fuchsia color but pls dont expect it to last 3 complete hours without a good lip primer (or just foundation/concealer underneath it) otherwise it will get blotchy within those 3 hours. Still a great buy for the price, pigment, and quality. Enjoy it bc its in this year!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

OMG this is an HG color for me! I have been on the hunt for this type of color for a long time. I saw they were releasing some new lipsticks from NYC and I checked this out with a few others. THIS is a bright fuchsia and sooooo gorgeous. Oh man, I am so in love with this color. I just got MAC Flat Out Fabulous and this is a close rival.

VERY blue-toned pink, so if you are afraid of them or they don't look good on your skin-tone, stay away. I am a NW20 and am pretty cool. I do not look good in ANY warm colors. They have to be this type of color, VERY cool and blue-based. I don't think this is the color you can tone down or warm up either unfortunately.

Price? 1.99! Formula is better than the old NYC lipsticks. Leaves behind a stain in the same shade. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by LNguyen97

Oh my, what can I say? This shade is GORGEOUS! It's a really bright fuchsia color, perfect for the spring and summer months. It's definitely a bold, statement making color. And when the light hits it, it gives off this beautiful blue sheen which makes it a very unique color to me. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by melaniemallette

Love It! Bought it 3 days ago and I cant stop wearing it!! The shade is beautiful, it feels good on your lips and it is just straight up beautiful! It makes me teeth look really whiter ;p
Packing was confusing though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

O.M.G. I was at work and had a customer with this lippie on. I asked her what it is b/c I love it - and it is Blue Rose by NYC! I picked it up for less than $2!!! SUCH a gorgeous shade. It's a fuchsia pink with very blue undertones - It's hard to describe. It's almost two toned.. and the two tones are balanced and perfect. Funny thing, you would think it would look purple but it is definitely not! I took off some lippies for the packaging - I am impressed about how NYC seals the lipstick with two strips of stickers, but the lippie sticks up about 1/2-1 inch above the tube so if you are not careful, you risk slothing off a chunk of lipstick when you recap. Oh, and it's long lasting! The irridescence and color play remind me of Show Orchid by MAC but Blue Rose is lighter. I will swatch them and update the verdict. I tend to HATE the smell/taste of drug store lippies (ESP L'OREAL! YUCK) ... When I first applied it I was pleasantly surprised by the sweet smell - it's yummy!! Soooo love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by AUserName

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aside from the glaringly shoddy packaging situation, this little lipstick packs a duochrome punch. The predominate fuchsia refracts a violet iridescence that, although creates the illusion of shimmer or frost, really doesn't appear to have any upon more intimate inspection. I am really digging how this shade, instead of fading to the usual nondescript pink stain, actually retains its blueish iridescence even after being blotted--scratch that--indiscriminately wiped off.