April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Last Lip Wear -- 405B Blue Rose

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

OMG this is an HG color for me! I have been on the hunt for this type of color for a long time. I saw they were releasing some new lipsticks from NYC and I checked this out with a few others. THIS is a bright fuchsia and sooooo gorgeous. Oh man, I am so in love with this color. I just got MAC Flat Out Fabulous and this is a close rival.

VERY blue-toned pink, so if you are afraid of them or they don't look good on your skin-tone, stay away. I am a NW20 and am pretty cool. I do not look good in ANY warm colors. They have to be this type of color, VERY cool and blue-based. I don't think this is the color you can tone down or warm up either unfortunately.

Price? 1.99! Formula is better than the old NYC lipsticks. Leaves behind a stain in the same shade. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by LNguyen97

Oh my, what can I say? This shade is GORGEOUS! It's a really bright fuchsia color, perfect for the spring and summer months. It's definitely a bold, statement making color. And when the light hits it, it gives off this beautiful blue sheen which makes it a very unique color to me. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by melaniemallette

Love It! Bought it 3 days ago and I cant stop wearing it!! The shade is beautiful, it feels good on your lips and it is just straight up beautiful! It makes me teeth look really whiter ;p
Packing was confusing though

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

O.M.G. I was at work and had a customer with this lippie on. I asked her what it is b/c I love it - and it is Blue Rose by NYC! I picked it up for less than $2!!! SUCH a gorgeous shade. It's a fuchsia pink with very blue undertones - It's hard to describe. It's almost two toned.. and the two tones are balanced and perfect. Funny thing, you would think it would look purple but it is definitely not! I took off some lippies for the packaging - I am impressed about how NYC seals the lipstick with two strips of stickers, but the lippie sticks up about 1/2-1 inch above the tube so if you are not careful, you risk slothing off a chunk of lipstick when you recap. Oh, and it's long lasting! The irridescence and color play remind me of Show Orchid by MAC but Blue Rose is lighter. I will swatch them and update the verdict. I tend to HATE the smell/taste of drug store lippies (ESP L'OREAL! YUCK) ... When I first applied it I was pleasantly surprised by the sweet smell - it's yummy!! Soooo love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by AUserName

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aside from the glaringly shoddy packaging situation, this little lipstick packs a duochrome punch. The predominate fuchsia refracts a violet iridescence that, although creates the illusion of shimmer or frost, really doesn't appear to have any upon more intimate inspection. I am really digging how this shade, instead of fading to the usual nondescript pink stain, actually retains its blueish iridescence even after being blotted--scratch that--indiscriminately wiped off.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it! Not crazy about the packaging, but the shade is gorgeous! Using it with Wet N'Wild lip pencil in Brandywine #666. I am 58 1/2 & pale complected w/ blue green eyes. It is truly blue based. Oranges & browns look horrible on me. This is a winner, as far as I'm concerned. Think it was a whole $1.99. Update-I have subtracted 1 lippie, because, on me, it just has no staying power! None of these lipsticks have great lasting quality. Would probably not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm not usually one for bright lipsticks, and when I first got this it was collecting dust for a while. After reading a short article that stated that fuschia was a good color for pale folk, I dug it out and tried it on. I love this color so much, it is a very blue-based BRIGHT pink. Moisturizing, applies smoothly. Probably in my top 10 list of favorite lippies. Also, it does really compliment my pale skin and makes my green eyes pop.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by celestdelune32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What attracted me to this lipstick is the name.And so far I liked the color.Its like a barbie lipstick.Really creamy yet matte and last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really nice fuchsia lipstick. Surprisingly, the packaging is good quality compared to the other products. I can't comment on how "ultra lasting" it really is, but it is ultra creamy, just like the Ultra Moist lipstick from this brand. I also love the color! It's so bright! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this for 1/2 price recently. Love the blue undertones and how it's kind of matte and very moisturizing. Wore it with NYX plum liner. Lasts a long time.