Yankee Candles Gingerbread Maple

on 10/3/2007 8:07:00 PM

This candle smells awesome. Everyone who comes to door remarks that the house smells good and remark that it smells like "pancakes". I guess they mean the maple. It's very strong and my house is 2700 sq ft and it scents it all. This is a wonderful scent for the crisp fall days and the chilly spring mornings. Try it, you won't regret it.

on 11/4/2006 11:44:00 AM

Well, I don't smell B.O. like the reviewer below me! But I do not smell much maple, either - I would describe this scent as a spice scent. To me it almost smells like an Indian restaurant, which isn't bad - but don't buy this candle if you are looking for something super sweet. The maple can be there at times, I get a whiff here and there but it is not equal at all to the spices which definitely dominate. I get cardamom and other strong spices. Like other Yankee candles, I wish they would double-wick them because they tend to tunnel down the center, and the scent throw isn't usually very good. This scent however is stronger than most Yankees. If I light this candle in my kitchen I can smell it throughout the lower level of my house, which is so rare for a Yankee candle in my experience. If you like spicy scents and want a strong Yankee candle for a change, you might want to give this one a try.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

EWww This seriously smelled like B.O to me. Yuck I hated it. I got the tester(votive) and it was soo strong I nearly passed out in my room. DEf will not be buying this one again

on 10/15/2006 10:06:00 PM

I am so glad I picked up two of these tarts! The scent is amazing and the throw is even better. I burned this in my apartment for two hours. You could smell it for three days...seriously. Such a wonderful scent too...I am in love!

on 10/1/2006 6:03:00 PM

Gingerbread Maple is one of the strongest YC scents I've ever owned. I have this in the large jar and also melt the tarts and both are strong. It really does smell like gingerbread with maple frosting. All three notes are there IMO - gingerbread, maple and frosting. It's not too spicy and not too sweet but it may be too sweet for those that don't love sweet, foody scents.

We have a smaller house (about 1,100 square feet) and it scents our entire home in just 2 hours of melting a tart in this scent. The scent also lasts two days in our house after melting a tart! The large jar is strongly scented as well but it's not *as* strong as the tart of course. continued >>

Popular Candles