October 26, 2014 | 949 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Feather Light Mineral Veil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Lissajp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin... N tried " every " setting powder.. The original BE Mv.. Was to dull n matte... I gav the illuminating MV a try, n I'm glad I did.. I was skepiticital bout it being to sparkly, but it's definitely not!!! Goes on super smooth, giving u an airbrush finish.. Not heavy, does not break me out.. It gives u illuminating, dewy skin.. That's hard to get, out of a powder.. I 💗 this product!!!! 💋❌💋

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have very dry skin and used judiciously this powder is beautiful and dewy. If I use more than that I recall why glutton is a sin. A little is glorious, while a lot negates the initial dewiness replacing it with a glittery sheen that will confirm all your worst suspicions about the powder you likely had in the first place. It looks/seems counterintuitive to use this as a setting powder, especially if you're on the North side of 40 like I am. But suspend your cynical makeup disbelief and lightly pat this on, I like a fan brush. It's made of ether, and ground fairy wings (free range fairies, and only those with naturally shedding wings. Of course). Somehow instead of accentuating every little flaw, fine line, drier areas, instead it seems to sit above them and optically blur imperfections.

Now I can go back and use as a highlighter in certain areas, but again, not all over. Right now I'm using self tanner at night on my face, then no foundation, just spf, spot concealer, and this powder to con people into thinking I've got great skin and it's working! The original mineral veil is fine as a standard setting powder, if not a bit too pink for me, being a fair olive. While this clearly has that same pinky cool undertone, it somehow works. It lasts all day, I only set with a mist of spring water, and feels soothing while some products in the line make my skin feel like I've wrestled with a hornets nest. My dry skin looks illuminated with no perceptible shimmer flecks. Whatever hocus pocus this is, it really flatters me and I wonder if others may have simply used too much and/or have less dry skin that is accentuated in a less than flattering way by a powder of this sort?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I understand this product is to be used as an all over face setting powder..but I have to agree with the other reviewers that it is quite sparkly. In that case, I use it as a highlighter and I love it. It's similar to MAC Soft and Gentle but the sparkle is much more fine and soft where as Soft/Gentle is quite glittery. I think the key here is to apply with the "less is more" approach and you should be fine. I used a feather fan brush to apply at the tops of my cheekbones and a very light dusting on my forehead and I really like the results - it's a very pretty highlighter. I took off one lippie because it's messy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

*I'm reviewing the BE Illuminating Veil, the new name for the Feather Light veil.*

I'm on a huge "glow from within" kick at the moment and couldn't resist trying this. For starters, in direct sunlight, this is very sparkly. Visible small sparkles all over your face. I only use this in the evening due to that. Any women who are matte girls all the way, do not purchase this. As a plus, indoors and at night it is really pretty. It's also very versatile. It could double as just a highlighter, can be mixed with your eyeshadow base if thats your thing, and even to dust along your chest shoulders for an illumating effect. As an everyday veil, it is really just too sparkly, but for evenings, I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ari496

this is so starnge. i got it as a sample and im very glad i didnt purchase it. it looks shimmery on my skin. it doesnt look good over makeup or alone for me. it def doesnt diffuse any perfections, but instead makes them more pronounced. i didnt give this a 1 bc it looked good on a friend of mine who has sligtly darker skin than mine, so i guess its bc im so pale. i wont be buying this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by albs

I bought this when I was on my luminous, "lit-from-within" kick. It simply has too much shimmer/glitter to be used all over the face. I use it as a highlight or in the evenings on occasion but for the most part it just sits in my drawer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by cjam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Compared to the original Mineral Veil, Feather Light is just absolutely bizarre with its glitter overload. I think this would work better as an eyeshadow or maybe if you were going to a rave. Absolutely shocked at how much glitter was in it for a finishing powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by SinisterRouge

At first I hated this. Passionately. I got it as a sample and once I opened it and saw all the glitter, I was a bit turned off. I have a hard time highlighting or using any of those type products because I've got problem skin. But when I ran out of MUFE HD powder, I had nothing left but this stuff. I was surprised to see my face had a decent glow, but in sunlight I looked sweaty all day. I'd probably use this at night when I know I'm going to be in a low light setting like at dinner or a bar or something, but during the day this is a major don't. For me anyway. I'd probably try to get more samples of this but if I ever run out I don't think I'd buy a full size. I might try to use it as a highlighter to see how it works in that sense, but I guess this isn't the absolute worst product out there lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

way too glittery! this may work as a highlighter but not setting powder. I received it as a deluxe sample so thank god i didnt spend money on this disco ball.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by waywardrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not good as a face finisher like a translucent powder. It is a nice highlighter. It reminds me of Benefit's High Beam, but in a -weak- powder form.

I use it under the brow and at the tear ducts, mostly. It's not bad on the cheeks, either.