November 27, 2014 | 1634 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Ice Blue Soap

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells minty but there is an underlying masculine scent to it. The only problem is that the scent doesn't linger at all. I love Lush but this soap was disappointing. I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

This stuff was interesting to wash with. Summer is here and I always buy more minty smelling shower gels and soaps to cool me down and keep me refreshed in Michigan's humid, sticky weather. I've recently become a Lushaholic and upon seeing (and smelling) this stuff, I immediately bought a slice. It smells very minty, but also smells like sea salt and musk. Smells very good and refreshing. However, when I lathered this up (or at least attempted to) the smell was completely gone. I even grabbed a handful of suds and smelled and could barely detect any mint or musk at all! It did make me feel clean, but there was no scent whatsoever and it was very odd to me. It was like I was washing with nothing! I don't think I'll be buying this again sadly.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

It's ok. To smell the peppermint scent you have to stick your nose right up against the bar. It doesn't lather very well and is a little drying. Within two mins my bar snapped in half, top with all the salt and bottom with the blue soap part. Thinking about putting it in the soap saver just to use it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I love Lush and it is fairly cheap...and I'm on a mission to try everything Lush lol. When I first unwrapped this I thought...really strong peppermint schnapps smell. That's all I could think about, didn't really care for it, so it went to the soap dish by the sink. Since then, the smell has abated a bit and it works pretty well as a hand soap. It washes clean but the scent does not linger on my hands at all. My hubby has used it in the shower too and says it cleans well, but I could detect no scent on him, just clean smelling which is good. Would I buy again? No probably not unless it was on sale. Too much money for just an ok scent. Oh, I would definitely need a moisturizer after using, but my hubby did not complain about dryness afterwards. Eh.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by keishanicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Husband just liked this okay. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HollywoodMuzic101
"I hate this! No lather, drying and overpowering. Not a happy purchase."

My thoughts exactly. I was expecting to love this and I didn't even like it :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

Oh nooo.... why the low ratings? This might just be my favorite soap... and I am speaking as a "soap freak". I love everything about this blue beauty, starting with that color... it is the most gorgeous clear aqua... and it stays attractive without falling apart no matter how small it gets. The scent is a clean mint... it's so yummy. And last but not least, this soap does not dry out my hands, it actually leaves them feeling soft and refreshed. Haven't tried it in the shower since I mainly like to leave this out in a fancy soap dish by the sink because I want it to last longer!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by imgracekelly

Really like this soap. Very refreshing scent. It's hard rather than creamy so it lasts longer than other Lush soaps. Also on the cheaper end of Lush soaps. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I just finished my first chunk of Ice Blue and I really enjoyed it! Ice Blue has a refreshing peppermint and sea salt scent -- very clean smelling. I think this is a great summertime soap, because after hot, sticky days outside, this is super refreshing. It's also a great post-workout soap! I find the smell of this lingers more on the skin than many other Lush soaps -- I smell minty fresh for a few hours after showering.
This is one of Lush's cheaper soaps. It's also a little harder than some other Lush soaps, so it lasts a while and doesn't melt away in just a few uses. I bought an $8 piece, cut it in half, and that $4 piece lasted me about a month with near daily use. This doesn't lather incredibly well, but it creates enough suds to make me feel clean. Some Lush soaps don't transfer well onto shower poofs, but I can use this one on a poof or just rub it right on my skin with no problems. I was excited about the sea salt that covers this soap, but the first time I got it wet it all fell down the drain, so don't expect a 2-in-1 exfoliating soap like Lush markets it to be. This soap also wasn't very moisturizing, but it didn't dry my skin out either.
Overall, this is a great unisex soap for anyone who likes minty scents. After I use up my other half, I will be getting Ice Blue again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by HollywoodMuzic101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate this! No lather, drying and overpowering. Not a happy purchase.