November 23, 2014 | 1641 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Ombre Essentielle - Soft Touch Eyeshadow- Amethyst

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by missjessica415

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My best purple shade in my kit, and I have A LOT of high end products and a ridiculous amount of purple shades (23 to be exact). This is the centerpiece of my signature purple smokey eye look for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous..

what an amazing colour and blendability -- a lot of purples are hard to use but this is not purple, but an amethyst of the highest grade.

love it and will keep buying

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by mg86

Pretty, pretty, pretty - I love looking at this shadow in the pan. Amethyst is a twilight purple with a gorgeous blue sheen that surprisingly can be worn day or night. Chanel singles are not fantastic value for what you get, but I find quality and wearability are very much correlated in eyeshadow. I mostly use my MAC 224 brush to apply it for an effortlessly glamorous wash, occasionally I'll mix it with the Kaska quad just to keep things interesting. I've noticed that this color goes really well with Paradoxal nail polish; I think wearing them at the same time is a great way to be coordinated without matching too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by lilnay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This shadow is great! It got me hooked on Chanel shadows. Their colors are highly pigmented and last all the way until I take it off at night! Never creases. Makes my green/hazel eyes look amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hands down THE most gorgeous eyeshadow I have ever used! It makes my brown eyes look amazing! I hope they never discontinue this shade! A keeper forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by SwtxSeri

Beautiful deep purple color which has a clean sexy sheen when put on with just one sweep over lids for daytime look. For a night time look, just wet the brush and apply the shadow and BAM, its an intense sultry purple! Amethyst also looks beautiful with Lavande, which I think is a limited edition color. =( But beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the nicest purple I have ever used, EVER! I really like the texture and the formula for the product, it is very very luxurious and very high quality, the price is high ;-( but the product is great!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What a beautiful color in the pan and on the eyes! There's no other color like it, and Estee's version of amethyst barely compares. It's not as light as lavender, or too dark of a purple. It has a nice indigo sheen to it and looks fabulous smudged around the eye or for a smokey eye. I also like to pair it with a bright apricot cheek and neutral cheeks. I think rosy blushes would work with it as well. A lovely color and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hell would have to freeze over before I'd wear purple eyeshadow at age 52! But this color got so many raves from my MUA friends - and I was so bored with bone and brown - that I though, "what the hey!" W-O-W!!! Not only does it make my blue eyes pop but the color just looks beautiful in the pan. Add a little mascara and go. I use the Chanel Quick brush and the whole process takes about 15 seconds. No more neutral colors for me. I'm thinking green....

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 3:05:00 AM More reviews by voravons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't wait until I run out of this eyeshadow, which I got as a birthday gift, just so I can purchase it myself--that's how fabulous Amethyst is. In the pan, it is an iridescent, deep jewel-toned purple. On the eyes, WOW. The most perfect, slightly shimmery but not over-the-top violet that makes my brown eyes pop. It can be layered to up the intensity. I suggest pairing it with Chanel Ombre Essentielle in Gold for a daytime look, or with Silvery at nighttime.