April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Pressed Powders - Fresh - Face Luster

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I dont like the overly matte look at all. But i also have quite oily skin, so if I pair this with a 'dewy' foundation, i will look too greasy and shiny too quickly. So I like to use it with foundations such as mac's studio fix fluid. If you like a soft subtle glow, but are not finding your foundation does that, this powder is amazing to add on top instead of the usual powders. Its very very pretty. I have the fresh bronzer and blush which are also glowy, and i use all products if i want that soft j lo look :) Its not the best powder for oiliness but it wont look cakey or powdery...for the day time its perfect, im just deliberating whether to use it on my wedding day as it comes out lovely in photos but not sure for a full wedding day if i should use something more...stronger/mattifying.. i use shade sandy lane its perfect for my light tan nc35 skin- 40 skin (fake tan :)) )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG FACE POWDER!! This is coming from someone who never used powder unless I was breaking out. I usually prefer liquid foundations because I like to glow and I don't like the matte look. This powder makes me GLOW!! Not in a shimmery obnoxious way. I bought this solely based on the reviews on MUA, and I'm so glad I did. At the time I though the price was outrageous, and I still do, but it's so worth it. I own this in Fair Isle and it's the perfect shade for my fair skin. when my face is clear i use a little concealer and then Fair Isle on top. It's beautiful and so quick to just run out the door. When my face is acting up, like it has been ever since I quit smoking, I use Estee Lauder Double Wear light foundation in the lightest shade with Fair Isle on top. This is the only powder you will ever want to own.

EDIT: This is my 3rd time buying this. I will always repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

omg..... NOT for me. no no no no no. I wore this for two days and my face was drenched in oil and looked horrible. I then put this on my hand at night over a primer and to my dismay it was completely like putting a shimmery eyeshadow on my hand. GROSS.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by allyson399

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG face powder for sure. I have this in Seventh Veil and I use it almost every day. It is great over makeup but also looks beautiful by itself when I just want low-key makeup. I've never been loyal to any particular powder before (I'm not usually loyal to any makeup - it's too fun to try new things!) but I use one every day because I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and I need to set my makeup. This is the only powder that I've ever loved because it sets makeup and takes care of the oilies while imparting a BEAUTIFUL finish. Seriously, it never looks cakey or dry or chalky like so many other (high quality) powders can. $45 is alot but I feel like this is good enough to be worth it, especially since the look of my skin is the most important part of my makeup routine. Those girls with pale skin like me know that every single flaw is glaring when you are fair, and that it can sometimes be hard to look like you have a healthy flush without using lots of blush/bronzer. This just buffs out those flaws and leaves you looking radiant (but NOT glittery or shiny). I use this with a Trish McEvoy powder brush and after using it once or twice a day for over 4 months I'm just now starting to run out. I've already repurchased just so I don't have to go a day without it.

*Edit* 11/11/2011: STILL using this, I'm on my 3rd time buying it. So amazing, and still one of the few things that I have repurchased this many times. I've read some reviews that say this is to glittery...I don't know about the other shades (I use Fair Isle now that they've adjusted the colors) and there is NO glitter. It leaves a beautiful glow, and believe me I only like super natural makeup and if there was glittery I would absolutely not use this. Go try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SO pretty! "Luster' is the perfect name for this product, because it really does leave you with a lovely luster on your skin. Right now, I'm reviewing "Fair Isle", even though I used to wear "Northern Lights", which I guess was discontinued. It just gives you this nice glow, and leaves a perfect finish behind.

At $45, the price is way up there, and like other reviewers, I'm not crazy about the screw top. But this stuff is so good, I'm willing to overlook those two points. Because, for example, I just reviewed Clarin's pressed powder, which was $30, and looked awful - just really drying and patchy. So for an extra $15, to feel thrilled about the way my skin looks, it's worth it.

EDIT: Still love it, but just way, WAY too expensive. Sadly won't purchase again - the price is crazy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is lovely. It goes on smooth and adds that healthy looking all over glow we all want for Summer/Spring seasons or Fall/Winter. I love this luster. It's amazing. It's not very shimmery, but it does add a neutral glow to your face. It just makes your face look more radiant. I don't like very shimmery lusters on my face, because then I would look like Edward Cullen from Twilight when he walks into the sunlight. LOL..I love this luster because it gives a neutral glow...not a shiny shimmery glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: n/d skin, like minimalist makeup. Pros: Very finely milled. Settles well on my skin over a moisturizer/sunscreen combo. Northern Light is a good match for my NC15/NW15ish skin. Lasts most of a work day with minimal touchups. Can be applied lightly with a brush or with a sponge for more coverage.

Cons: Ridiculously expensive. Packaging is not great-- screw top makes it impossible to use quickly (say at a desk or w/out looking in a mirror). Sponge is only okay-- I'd like something a little bit softer.

Would I repurchase? Yes, b/c I think it's worth spending money on a good looking face product (foundation, powder, etc.). It's a lot easier to save when you're buying a blush or eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm NC15 in MAC and bought this in Fair Isle (pictured above). It's a good colour match; the shade selection for pale skins is extensive.

The packaging is quite pretty although I agree with previous reviewers: the screw top is slightly inconvenient. As always, the enclosed sponge puff is quite useless. I applied this with a kabuki brush for best results.

The finish is pretty: very natural but surprisingly good coverage for such a sheer formula. There is no obvious glitter or shimmer; it just looks dewy. It worked well alone and over foundations as a setting powder.

This would be suitable for oilier skins than mine. I am eczema-prone, dry/combination, and found this to be slightly drying. It did settle around some flakes. It contains bismuth, of which I am suspicious: I think I am sensitive to this ingredient.

The price is quite ridiculous. From Sephora this cost $45. In the UK it's available by mail order from the Fresh store in London for 32 + 4.85 p+p.

This is a good pressed powder with a lovely finish, excellent shade selection for light skins, pretty packaging, but it is horrendously overpriced. I will not purchase again as it contains bismuth, and is too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

HG! I use this as a setting powder over my foundation and it takes care of all my skin woes- uneven texture, big pores, acne scarring... leaving me with flawless, buttery skin. I love the luminous, healthy glow it gives and the fact that it doesn't grab on to flakes like other powders or break me out. A definite re-buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by everglow

Since I am trying to use more natural products, such as MMU, my review of this is quite skewed. For the look and coverage it gives, this is a 5/5. It gives a wonderfully baby soft looking and glowing skin but I don't think it holds that well against oily skin. Based on the ingredients, however, I have discontinued using this. If ingredients aren't important to you, by all means go for this... it is a high performing powder.