July 28, 2014 | 1987 users online

Moisturizers - Erno Laszlo - phormula no 3-9

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by marketabank

Nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW this is an expensive pot of water, mineral oil and silicones. It has some useful peptides too (but I believe they aren't expected to work well in an oily base(??)) and Vitamin C, which is good.
And if people like it, they like it. There's really no arguing with that. I just think that folk should know this is primarily water, 'vaseline' and silicones - the cheapest of cheap ingredients - before splashing out such a staggering sum.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm new to trying Laszlo products and got samples from Nordies. So far I'm really enjoying many of their products, especially this cream. I have dehydrated skin & it's so hard to find something that moisturizes w/o breaking me out. Also, just for me personally there's no irritants in this (I'm allergic to chamomile so I have to stay away from that & anything else in that "family"-calendula, eucalyptus). This does have Emu Oil fyi so some people may have an issue w/that. Also, I've sampled the blue firming serum which I love but not for firming necessarily-I've used it only 2 days & I can totally see a reduction in sun damage. I'm assuming it's that & not this cream but am going to email & try to find out. The serum is $225 for 1oz. (ouch) & this cream is $195 for 1.7 oz. but I'm liking this line more than anything I've tried in a very long time (and I've tried tons). UPDATE Oct. '10: Broke down and bought this. Loving it & will update re: long term usage, how long the jar lasts, etc.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Laurel15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish I'd never tried this, because now I can't live without it and it's insanely expensive! But I have tried it and I'm hooked. Fortunately a little bit goes a long way. This is probably the most effective moisturizer I've ever used. It's different. It feels "fatty", thick, but not greasy. It sinks right into your skin and restores your normal moisture, even in the driest climates. During the winter when your skin is parched from the cold, wind, and indoor heat, this cream is a godsend. In the summer, it provides sweet relief to a sunburn.

I have compared 3-9 cream to Aquaphor, but their textures are very different. Both provide a "health dome", or a seal of moisture over your skin. But where Aquaphor is heavy and greasy, this goes on light and weightless. It just disappears right into your skin and does its job. Also, this has never caused a breakout. It is fabulous on lips! (Ironically, the 3-9 cream for lips is not nearly as good). If I could only buy ONE luxury skin product, this would be the one.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

The first time I used pHormula 3-9, it made my dry and sensitive skin immediately feel good. Emu oil is fourth on the ingredient list, and this ingredient has anti-inflammatory and skin penetrating abilities. The cream is meant to be used on sensitive or irritated areas, so only a small amount is used. A little goes a long way, so this expensive cream lasts a long time.I usually use it at night, either alone or over my usual night cream. I sometimes use it over my makeup on my inner cheeks, where my skin is thin and easily irritated. By patting it on gently it doesn't upset my makeup and provides more protection.

The cream comes in very large square jar. If it came in a tube or air-proof container that would be more sanitary and easier to use, as well as keeping antioxidants stable.

Note: The company is under new ownership. The cream has been renamed Phormula 3-9 Balm.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by bk67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the one product I do not want to be without. The packaging has changed from the smaller plastic black "jar." I had a horrible bright, red rash on my neck and this product not only calmed the rash, it promoted healing of the rash; it's also good on zits. I am currently on my second jar of this product. I had my first jar around one year as a little goes a long way. I once thought of La Mer as my "cure all," but this has definitely taken its place. Yes, it is expensive, but it's worth it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by lmande

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. $195 I spent on this. I still can't believe it. But I have to say I think its worth it. I use it very sparingly and thankfully it only takes a little to do the job. I see awesome results with this especially on fine lines and those odd little creases that show up around the mouth and on either side of the chin. They all but disappear after using this cream. So far, I'm very pleased; I'll be interested to see how long the jar lasts. If it makes it for an entire year, I would consider this a bargain.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Erno Laszlo pHormula 3-9 is the product that incited my obsession with skin care in 2001. I had always been into trying different products, with varying results- but this was the first moisturizer I had ever encountered that made me look in the mirror and say, "Holy wow, you can actually see a difference."

I have oily skin (even more so back then), but never had a problem using a small amount of this cream in both the morning and evening. The packaging is luxe, the smell is nice, and the results are visible and nearly immediate.

I've since found moved on to somewhat less expensive products (the Erno Laszlo was a gift), but you can bet that I'll come rushing back if I'm ever in desperate skin straits. This moisturizer lives up to both the legend and the hype.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Medbh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Retin-A cream for over 20 years and my skin is pretty dry, except for the t-zone.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING (tried La Prairie, Cle de Peau) stopped the flaking, until this product.

I apply it in the morning after cleansing, and toning. In the winter, I add moisterizer so 3-9 goes over that.

In the evening, I cleanse, put on Retin-A, wait about 20 minutes and apply 3-9. In the winter, I add moisterizer and put 3-9 over that.

This is wonderful stuff.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soothing, easy to apply face balm is worth every penny. It will calm redness and irritation after a peel or in conjunction with Retin-A use. It's great as a barrier against the wind and cold if you're outdoors. It's fragrance free, pleasant to use, not sticky or greasy and absorbs like a dream. It's suitable for ALL skin types. A very small amount will kill the flakies and it's light enough apply makeup on top if you wish. Don't be put off by the petrolatum. IMO, 3-9 (aka Health Dome) more than lives up to it's cult status. This is the ONLY cream I pay $100+ for. FYI--the ingredients are listed below.

Purified Water, Petrolatum, Cyclomethicone , Dromiceius Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sorbitol, Emulsifying Wax, Nf, Cetearyl Alcohol , Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Peg-40 Castor Oil, Dea-Cetyl Phosphate, Calophyllum Tacamahca Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Taraktogenos Kurzii Seed Oil, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Allantoin, Carbomer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polysorbate-20, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Glycosaminoglycans, Yeast (Saccharomyces Lysate) Extract, Yeast Extract

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No