April 21, 2014 | 703 users online

Lip Gloss - Physicians Formula - Retro Glow Illuminating Lipgloss in Mauve Glow

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this product in Pink Glow. The cute, small, tin container is really hard to open. The color is really pretty and goes on super shiny. What I don't like about it is the fact that you have to stick your fingers in it since it is a container and not a tube. Another thing I noticed is that after I started using it the product started to "sweat" - as in there is a very small amount of oil developing on top as though it is separating, but it isn't. I don't know any other way to describe it but "sweating" haha. It's strange since I've never had a product (except paybe salad dressing) that gets oily on top. It's not a big deal to me since that is what creates the shine.
It does not stay on very long. The issues I have with it is that the product tends to slip into the lines on my lips immediately and there is no way to eliminate that; also, it dries out my lips like crazy. Unfortunately it doesn't come with a list of ingredients so I have no idea why it dries out my lips so much, but it does.

Overall I really want to love this product because the color is so beautiful and it goes on so smoothly, but there are too many issues with it. This product is perfect with someone with luscious lips that don't dry out (mine are the exact opposite), and who doesn't mind sticking their fingers in lipgloss.
I wouldn't buy it again unless they improved the packaging and formula, but that's not going to happen since it's been discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

these are little pot glosses in metal containers. this color is a pretty standard very sheer mauve with soft shimmer that provides a medium shine. these glosses feel really really moist and nice on, but i prefer more color. pretty on my cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.