Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 6/23/2015 9:43:00 PM

I have the roll on and the stick. I read a lot of reviews in order to know how to apply this correctly. In the end I decided on using the roll on and then going over it with the stick for about ten seconds. it's faster than using water and using the stick until it dries. I don't smell when using this combo. I still sweat, but I sweat when I use normal deodorants/antipersperants anyway. I have tried both deodorants on their own and the combination works best. On their own it does not last all day for me. So I will continue to repurchase both as the combo works better to keep me feeling fresh than normal deodorants.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

Still stank, and was sweaty.

on 6/6/2015 4:03:00 PM

This works really well for me. I bought this quite a long time ago and I'm still on my first stick, so the price was more than worth the few dollars I paid. I truly feel that since I stopped using traditional antiperspirants that I'm actually sweating less than I had been before. I also have the roll-on, which I like as well,but I think this solid form works *slightly* better for me.
I will absolutely buy this again.

on 5/27/2015 1:43:00 PM

This product doesn't work at all. It doesn't inhibit the bacteria either. Love the concept but literally doesn't even work for 20mins. Trying so hard to go natural and nothing works

Why on Earth did I actually try this product again!? It didn't work in the 1990's, and it still doesn't work now. It does inhibit body odor...to a degree.

Perhaps it all IS relative...

on 3/8/2015 7:50:00 PM

My journey of finding this deodorant is pretty funny, because initially I began my "deo journey" with this deodorant and then years later rediscovered it.

Crystal deodroant stick was my first deodorant that my parents bought for me when I was 12 or so, since I badly wanted to try using deo haha. I didn't really like it at first because there was no scent, and no girly packaging! (Bummer, right!?) I started buying my own deodorants when I was 14 or so and started using the conventional dove, secret etc! I kept using these for years and never really enjoyed them since they never worked well.

Fast forward to when I was 20, becoming more interested in natural body products I discovered Crystal again, I started using it but quickly tossed it to the side since I didn't think it worked that well. Then I tried various natural deodorants including Toms of Maine. None of these worked for me and left me stinkier than ever!

Then I discovered lemon juice as deo! It worked so well, but I discovered that the acidity was just too harsh for the skin under my arms, they were red and burning. So I started making my own deodorant with baking soda and coconut oil, which worked great for months, until my underarm skin began getting dark, irritated and leathery. I did some research and sure enough, the baking soda was causing it.

Ok so now I just repurchased Crystal again and I am SO GLAD THAT I DID. I watched the Youtube video that is actually posted below in the comments - make sure you use a tiny amount of water and then rub this stuff on for a good minute otherwise it won't work well.

This stuff works so well and I wonder why I even bothered to stray away during those 10 years. Never going back.

on 1/24/2015 12:00:00 PM

Is a great deodorant- not an antiperspirant. Lasts a long time.

on 12/26/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had tried crystal deodorant in the past and been disappointed. However, I wanted to get away from the chemicals in traditional deodorants and wasn't having any luck with the "natural" products I had been trying. So, when I saw this for under $5 bucks at my local drugstore, I decided to give it another shot. Much to my surprise, it really works. I think in the past I wasn't wetting it enough. I might not have been applying enough either. I really like that this product comes in the push-up stick. The crystal I tried in the past just came in a little bag and was harder to use. I'm really happy with this product and would definitely repurchase.

Edit: After a few weeks this started to cause serious irritation. I actually had to go without any sort of deodorant for several days until my skin healed. I'm back to Almay Sensitive Skin Deodorant.

on 10/17/2014 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My essential. Your armpits must be clean and dry before application. Tip of the stick must be moistened with water before being applied. I have to do about 5 back and forth, wait 1 minute (the time it takes to do the other pit) and do it again. Works all day, night and the next day. I'll wash it off after a vigorous, sweaty workout because I know it's dirty under there, not because it's smelly or damp. Does not transfer to clothes at all. Never seen a yellow ring. Love that it's natural. A stick last like 1 year so this is cheap ($9) compared to regular products.

If you apply in the am, take another shower the same day and reapply, it may itch like hell. Wait a bit too after shaving as it can sting a bit and be a bit itchy.

During a 2 week period the previous summer, I was wet and smelly at work. I had to bring a regular stick (Dove) with me to apply in these situations. It stopped. Maybe it was my hormones or what I ate or part of the stick was inefficient. I'll never know but it never happened again.

I will always purchase as long as the product does not change.

on 8/12/2014 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I decided to transition from antiperspirant to deodorant. I started in the winter, since I live in Texas where it gets to above 100 degrees in the summer.

So, now it's summer and I'm glad to say that I still have not switched back to antiperspirant.

I initially used Tom's, but it made my armpits itch, which is why I decided to try Crystal.

I watched this video

and found that is the best for application. She uses another on top of Crystal, I do not.

Video Reviews & Tutorials