February 28, 2015 | 1954 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Klgirv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is a great deodorant- not an antiperspirant. Lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had tried crystal deodorant in the past and been disappointed. However, I wanted to get away from the chemicals in traditional deodorants and wasn't having any luck with the "natural" products I had been trying. So, when I saw this for under $5 bucks at my local drugstore, I decided to give it another shot. Much to my surprise, it really works. I think in the past I wasn't wetting it enough. I might not have been applying enough either. I really like that this product comes in the push-up stick. The crystal I tried in the past just came in a little bag and was harder to use. I'm really happy with this product and would definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Papillon999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My essential. Your armpits must be clean and dry before application. Tip of the stick must be moistened with water before being applied. I have to do about 5 back and forth, wait 1 minute (the time it takes to do the other pit) and do it again. Works all day, night and the next day. I'll wash it off after a vigorous, sweaty workout because I know it's dirty under there, not because it's smelly or damp. Does not transfer to clothes at all. Never seen a yellow ring. Love that it's natural. A stick last like 1 year so this is cheap ($9) compared to regular products.

If you apply in the am, take another shower the same day and reapply, it may itch like hell. Wait a bit too after shaving as it can sting a bit and be a bit itchy.

During a 2 week period the previous summer, I was wet and smelly at work. I had to bring a regular stick (Dove) with me to apply in these situations. It stopped. Maybe it was my hormones or what I ate or part of the stick was inefficient. I'll never know but it never happened again.

I will always purchase as long as the product does not change.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Cemblee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to transition from antiperspirant to deodorant. I started in the winter, since I live in Texas where it gets to above 100 degrees in the summer.

So, now it's summer and I'm glad to say that I still have not switched back to antiperspirant.

I initially used Tom's, but it made my armpits itch, which is why I decided to try Crystal.

I watched this video

and found that is the best for application. She uses another on top of Crystal, I do not.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateBobka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this the past two years thinking I was doing something good for myself. I had chucked my chemical laden Secret Clinical strength (and lemme tell ya I needed it!) for something more "natural". Plastered on the product is that they don't use aluminum chlorohydrate - the ingredient that is in chemical antiperspirants. Just because it doesn't contain that doesn't mean what it DOES contain is ok for you. Ammonium Alum isn't the devil but not exactly proven to be safe in my opinion. And I don't want to take the risk. You can read more about it here: http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/most-controversial/2010/3/8/exposing-more-truths-about-alum.html

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Here's the best way I've found to use crystal salt deodorant:

In the shower, after washing/shaving/whatever floats your boat, use the crystal rock on your underarms. Really rub it on there and get a good coating under both arms. I usually do this while I'm still in the shower. It's quick and you're already wet so why not. Don't rub your underarms dry - just leave them to air dry. It barely takes any time at all. Just do it while you're getting dressed or combing your hair or whatever. Then, whether it's right after or the following morning, add the crystal deodorant roll-on (the liquid stuff) on your underarms once they've dried.

This double-pronged approach is keeping me fresh through a gross, humid summer, so that's really saying something. I don't really have a B.O. issue most of the time, but I do sweat a lot. However, I sweat LESS using this than I did using antiperspirant.

Oh - and the first time I tried to use this, two years ago, I felt like I sweat a TON. However, I was transitioning off of perfumey chemical antiperspirant. Now, I've been using a different natural deodorant for over a year, and switching back to this has been easy peasy and I actually sweat less. I think your pits can take some time to "detox" if you've regularly been stuffing up your sweat glands with aluminum.

Anyway. I love this. Layer it up with the roll-on and you're game for a long, busy day - even if it includes a crazy-intense workout at the end of it!

Note: You don't HAVE to use both products - sometimes I forget or skip one or the other - but I feel like I stay fresher that way.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Clickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best thing I've found that works 100% is getting an antiperspirant like http://www.peta.org/living/beauty/cruelty-free-deodorant/ and then you have to put the crystal body deodorant on

I've done this for the last year and for 3 days I do not smell or sweat! I have been using an antiperspirant which isn't vegan though (my mum gave me - I know not good!) so I'm now going to try the vegan ones but I'm sure it will work just the same. The trick is to use both. The crystal deodorant says it lasts a year but I've had it for a year and a half 'cause I've only needed to apply it every three days. As long as you use them together - the antiperspirant with the crystal - you will have three days protection, it has saved my life! no more awkward embarrassment, no more having to keep a distance and I don't have to buy new clothes all the time from sweat marks that I couldn't stop!

Also make sure with the crystal deodorant that you wet it completely (will not work when dry or a bit damp) and make sure you rub it in properly and enough. It dries quick and not sticky at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by WormEatsBird

Uhhhh.... This is awesome!

I've literally tried EVERYTHING for my BO, I wish I was exaggerating too, but I have the BO of a man working all day in the sun it seems.

I've tried numerous clinical strength women and men deodorants and anti per-spirants, either they ended up making me smell worse, stopped working, or would wear off.

A few years ago I became more conscious about nasty chemicals on my body and turned more to natural and organic healing and treating, the one deo that would prevent me from stinking was LaVanilla, but at $18 every few months, and considering if I swear a lot it would wear off, wasn't for me.

Then I red reviews for this on MUA and decided to give it a go, I'm super glad I did.
I found it at Walgreens for $6, and that night I ran home and showered, and slathered this on till my pits were dried off.

The next day I went outside in the Texas heat and sweat - a lot - and I didn't stink!!!
This is a miracle product (for me, anyway) and it'll last me a year! I don't really care about sweating, I care about smelling!!
Definitely recommend anyone to give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Due to aluminum chlorohydrates and other unhealthy ingredients, I have been looking for a natural deodorant for some time and happened to come across reviews for this product. I was very sceptical about this but I went ahead and purchased a travel size stick online. On using it, I was even more sceptical as it felt like I was just rubbing a wet stone on my underarms with no obvious product being applied. I have now been using this for almost 2 weeks and to my utter amazement, it actually works! I haven't smelt even a hint of odour in that time and I do tend to sweat a lot in the night. If you are looking for a natural and healthy deodorant (this is not an anti-perspirant) then you should give this a try. I just wish I had purchased the full size option.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After my last deodorant basically stopped working (ew), I was on the hunt for something to replace it. I remembered hearing about people who used crystal deodorants in the past, since from what I understand, they hit popularity in the mid-90's, so I decided to pick up the travel-sized one from Whole Foods and give it a try. Best two dollars and change I've spent in ages.
First off, it works. It works VERY well. I've got a pretty active lifestyle, and even after I work up a sweat, this stuff still prevents odors like a champ.
I love that it doesn't stain or smear on my clothing. I wear a lot of black, and many deodorants leave marks. This stuff doesn't.
It's fairly easy to use. Unscrew the cap, moisten the crystal, and apply to your underarms. Easy stuff.
For me, it's non-irritating even after I shave my underarms, which is great considering how most deodorants are like acid on freshly-shaven skin.
Price-wise, it's comparable to other natural deodorant brands. Not bad.
The packaging of the travel size is a little weird. It doesn't retract - it's just a cylinder of crystal lodged into a plastic base. I feel like it may fall apart over time, but so far it's been sturdy. I can't say anything for the full-sized version, as I haven't yet purchased it.
Will definitely repurchase.