Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 8/25/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For about a week, it was okay. So happy that I feel no smell at all (over 12hrs after shower in the morning). But soon after that my underarms skin felt so itchy that I couldn't help but scratching it, it's getting worse while sweaty then my skin is getting darker since then. I wonder, if it is just my skin being so sensitive to the ingredients of this product(?)

I was used the stick product and I actually love it! (how the product is protecting me from a bad smell, and its last all day!)
....if only my skin wasn't reacted negatively to the product.
Should I use the liquid one instead? Will it make any difference?

*pardon me my poor english..😂

on 8/4/2015 2:54:00 AM

I like this for nights or days where it's okay to smell a little funky, but for when I'm at school or work, no way I'll wear this. My armpits are excessively sweaty and only using a 20% aluminium based or higher deodorant will keep my beastly armpits under control. Embarassing tmi I know. That being said if you are like me and suffer from excessive sweating this will help control sweat a little but it definitely won't cover the smell. If I wear this to work for a regular 8 hour shift I smell funky after 3 hours. But I still will repurchase because no aluminium means less chances of cancer.

on 8/3/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This deodorant is awesome!!

For the past 18 years, I have been skeptical of using deodorant because of it's cancer causing ingredients. But this summer, I have finally decided that I needed to use deodorant. I was in the drugstore one day and was searching up every natural deodorant and this seemed to have the best reviews. This deodorant definitely helped prevent my pits from stinking up!

Would definitely purchase again.

on 7/13/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This stuff has really impressed me. So far, it's the absolute best aluminum deodorant that I've ever used. It's the first one that I feel actually compares to aluminum deodorants in terms of lasting power and ability to prevent odor. In fact, I would say it works BETTER than most main stream aluminum deodorants. And the fact that I can use this stuff knowing I'm not filling my pores with chemically, carcinogen ridden gunk is amazing. I stopped used aluminum deodorants about a year ago and I am so glad that I did. The transition wasn't easy, because when I was adjusting from aluminum deo to natural, my body needed to get rid of the toxins and crap that was all stuck in there and I smelled bad for a couple sucked but I've finally cleansed my body of the crap and I have SO much less body odor. The first natural deo I used was Toms, which didn't hold up odor at all plus a few weeks after daily use my armpits were completely red and RAW. It felt like it has been chemically burned under there and I couldn't even wear any deodorant for days. I immediately stopped using it and from there tried probably a dozen other brands that sort of worked but I still didn't feel they took care of BO like aluminum deos. Now that I've discovered this brand, I will never go back. Just truly great results, no smell, no residue on clothes, lasts all day.

Plus, for me, switching to aluminum deo has dramatically improved my under arm darkness. It has lightened up so much just from removing the aluminum that was clogging my underarm pores, as well as regular exfoliation in that area. Still not 100% cleared up, but I'm not too self concious to wear sleeveless tops anymore like I used to be.

on 6/23/2015 9:43:00 PM

I have the roll on and the stick. I read a lot of reviews in order to know how to apply this correctly. In the end I decided on using the roll on and then going over it with the stick for about ten seconds. it's faster than using water and using the stick until it dries. I don't smell when using this combo. I still sweat, but I sweat when I use normal deodorants/antipersperants anyway. I have tried both deodorants on their own and the combination works best. On their own it does not last all day for me. So I will continue to repurchase both as the combo works better to keep me feeling fresh than normal deodorants.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

Still stank, and was sweaty.

on 6/6/2015 4:03:00 PM

This works really well for me. I bought this quite a long time ago and I'm still on my first stick, so the price was more than worth the few dollars I paid. I truly feel that since I stopped using traditional antiperspirants that I'm actually sweating less than I had been before. I also have the roll-on, which I like as well,but I think this solid form works *slightly* better for me.
I will absolutely buy this again.

on 5/27/2015 1:43:00 PM

This product doesn't work at all. It doesn't inhibit the bacteria either. Love the concept but literally doesn't even work for 20mins. Trying so hard to go natural and nothing works

Why on Earth did I actually try this product again!? It didn't work in the 1990's, and it still doesn't work now. It does inhibit body a degree.

Perhaps it all IS relative...

on 3/8/2015 7:50:00 PM

My journey of finding this deodorant is pretty funny, because initially I began my "deo journey" with this deodorant and then years later rediscovered it.

Crystal deodroant stick was my first deodorant that my parents bought for me when I was 12 or so, since I badly wanted to try using deo haha. I didn't really like it at first because there was no scent, and no girly packaging! (Bummer, right!?) I started buying my own deodorants when I was 14 or so and started using the conventional dove, secret etc! I kept using these for years and never really enjoyed them since they never worked well.

Fast forward to when I was 20, becoming more interested in natural body products I discovered Crystal again, I started using it but quickly tossed it to the side since I didn't think it worked that well. Then I tried various natural deodorants including Toms of Maine. None of these worked for me and left me stinkier than ever!

Then I discovered lemon juice as deo! It worked so well, but I discovered that the acidity was just too harsh for the skin under my arms, they were red and burning. So I started making my own deodorant with baking soda and coconut oil, which worked great for months, until my underarm skin began getting dark, irritated and leathery. I did some research and sure enough, the baking soda was causing it.

Ok so now I just repurchased Crystal again and I am SO GLAD THAT I DID. I watched the Youtube video that is actually posted below in the comments - make sure you use a tiny amount of water and then rub this stuff on for a good minute otherwise it won't work well.

This stuff works so well and I wonder why I even bothered to stray away during those 10 years. Never going back.

Video Reviews & Tutorials