Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in 508A Black Orchid

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/9/2014 12:07:00 AM

If you put a layer of lip balm or gloss on, & then lightly slide this over top, this does resemble Clinique Black Honey. Applied full force, it's quite dark & opaque & reminds me of Revlon's Blackberry lipstick.

It wears a bit messy & any food or drink will take the center away & leave you with a ring around your mouth. It's definitely warm toned. Cost: $1

on 2/28/2014 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I acutally really enjoy this colour! I'm a pale red head and I find this colour suits me perfectly. It's not long lasting, but you can't really expect that with a cheap lipstick. Nonetheless, I still love this lipstick.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Dark, vampy lips are really on trend for fall and this is def a stunning shade of wine. I see no point in spending more than $1 for trendy colors that I don't wear often, so this fits the bill. I really love wnw silk finish lipsticks, they're smooth and last pretty well especially when paired with liner. This color is deep wine with a brown undertone, a shade that really pops on my NC20-25 skin--best suited for nights out or sheered out with some gloss for day. Overall, I won't repurchase because the shade will last me forever since I don't reach for it often. But for those of you looking for a bold, dark lip for fall/winter, I rec picking this up and if it doesn't work for you then you're only out a $1! While you're looking, I also suggest my HG wnw lippy Cherry Frost:)

on 8/6/2013 1:01:00 AM

If I've had a momentous day - or, sometimes, just a really really long one - and I've got enough change floating around in my car, I like to buy a cheap nail polish or a lipstick as a quick way to congratulate myself for whatever achievement or for getting through the day. I walked in the other day and all these lipstick (and some nail polishes!) were $0.89, so I decided to grab a few. I ended up returning to get a few more.

The lipsticks I got were Fuchsia with Blue Pearl, Dark Wine, and Black Orchid. Dark Wine and Black Orchid are close in color - but Black Orchid is much more of a burnt red (Dark Wine leans purple-y rather than plum-y.) It's a little brown - but not in an unpleasant way, in a way that might make it a nude, depending on your skin tone, if applied lightly over lip balm. (I consider that a good thing.) Otherwise, without lip balm applied immediately beforehand, the pigmentation is VERY heavy - especially for a cheaper drugstore lipstick! To make it stick, I apply, blot, and reapply. That got me a really vampy lip that stayed for five hours with some drinking and eating in there - it does stain well, which I like, and rubbing your lips together redistributes the color well throughout your wear. The packaging is terrible - it doesn't retract all the way into the tube, so it's easy to nick on the inside of the plastic cap - but frankly, it's an eighty-nine cent lipstick that stays on well with one blotting and re-application (you can blot again if you want a more downplayed, matte look and not as much vampy-glossy-high-drama, and it looks really nice both ways.)

The first couple of swipes were a little waxy for whatever reason, so I wiped them off and tried again. After that, it went on very smooth, doesn't drag at all, and it feels really moisturizing - so if you get this and it feels a little strange at first, don't worry! Wipe off the top layer with a tissue or something and try again. There's a slight smell to this one, but I didn't really notice it after a minute or two, and there's really not much of a taste. This WILL probably kiss off if you don't blot at all and don't use lip liner, so I'd recommend one of the two. All in all, this is definitely an evening color if you're more fair-skinned. I liked Dark Wine better color-wise, but will definitely wear Black Orchid as well. It's better than some department store lipsticks I've tried and I'll DEFINITELY repurchase (at this price, I don't get how you could not.)

on 3/18/2013 8:17:00 PM

Reading the reviews here just proves that makeup looks different on different people. Some people think it is very dark; some think it looks like Black Honey or Cherry Bomb. They are right of course -- for them. But I find none of those things true for me. For me, it a medium shade that compliments many of my purple clothes. It isn't too purple or too pink or too brown. It isn't too slick or too matte. It's very versatile. It looks good alone and blended with other shades. At 99 cents or so, it's worth a try. I certainly was very pleasantly surprised.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This lipstick line is fantastic. For me the staying power to comfort ratio is the best I've ever experienced. It's not too shiny but not so matte that it sucks my lips dry. And it actually stays on. This shade is great as a nice berry stain. One of those universally flattering kinds of shades. If you wear it as a normal lipstick, it's a teeny bit drying, but its not that bad.

on 1/7/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Shade description: burgundy

Pros

- pigmented
- creamy

Cons

- scent/flavor
- packaging

Comments: This is a good product for the price. I love the color - very pigmented and creamy formula. I hate the way it smells, though. It also has a bad taste to it reminescent of most dollar lipsticks. I like it, though. It's my favorite kind of shade to wear during the fall and winter months.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This color is amazingly pigmented purplish black.I pat this on my lips so i get a less intense color which is good.If you have page skin this looks even more intense on yo and even more so if you where this full strengh.If you aren't sure about this color better to try it with a 2 dollar lipstick than getting a high end brand and being stuck with it if the color doesn't work
I agree with the other reviewer who said that this drying unlike the other lipsticks from this line which is too bad

UPDATE
You have to try this with essence limited edition lip gloss in Alice had a vision-again .This looks great I will now use this lipgloss way more often.They are a similar color but since this one has sparkle to makes the lipstick pop.

on 11/30/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this lipstick for 60 cents and for that price, I think its perfect.
It is my most used lipstick because of the dark color. I do not like how easily it wears off but you could always just reapply. I would like to find more lipsticks of this color but higher quality. But those who are on a tight budget, I suggest this lipstick for you! It's great, just wears off when you eat or drink something.

This color is almost the exact same as Wet N Wild's Megalast Lipcolor in Cherry Bomb, but this is NOT a matte lipstick. It is very slippery, almost greasy. I would recommend wearing a lip liner with this lipstick. And applying it with a brush or q-tip. I layer this over my Cherry Bomb lipstick to give it more of a gloss, and a more plum color.

For less than a dollar, I can't really complain.
It just takes some time to put this on because it is such a dark color and it is very "slippery".

Popular Lipsticks