July 31, 2014 | 2009 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Lipstick in 508A Black Orchid

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Wanderlust84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I acutally really enjoy this colour! I'm a pale red head and I find this colour suits me perfectly. It's not long lasting, but you can't really expect that with a cheap lipstick. Nonetheless, I still love this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Dark, vampy lips are really on trend for fall and this is def a stunning shade of wine. I see no point in spending more than $1 for trendy colors that I don't wear often, so this fits the bill. I really love wnw silk finish lipsticks, they're smooth and last pretty well especially when paired with liner. This color is deep wine with a brown undertone, a shade that really pops on my NC20-25 skin--best suited for nights out or sheered out with some gloss for day. Overall, I won't repurchase because the shade will last me forever since I don't reach for it often. But for those of you looking for a bold, dark lip for fall/winter, I rec picking this up and if it doesn't work for you then you're only out a $1! While you're looking, I also suggest my HG wnw lippy Cherry Frost:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by SuitUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I've had a momentous day - or, sometimes, just a really really long one - and I've got enough change floating around in my car, I like to buy a cheap nail polish or a lipstick as a quick way to congratulate myself for whatever achievement or for getting through the day. I walked in the other day and all these lipstick (and some nail polishes!) were $0.89, so I decided to grab a few. I ended up returning to get a few more.

The lipsticks I got were Fuchsia with Blue Pearl, Dark Wine, and Black Orchid. Dark Wine and Black Orchid are close in color - but Black Orchid is much more of a burnt red (Dark Wine leans purple-y rather than plum-y.) It's a little brown - but not in an unpleasant way, in a way that might make it a nude, depending on your skin tone, if applied lightly over lip balm. (I consider that a good thing.) Otherwise, without lip balm applied immediately beforehand, the pigmentation is VERY heavy - especially for a cheaper drugstore lipstick! To make it stick, I apply, blot, and reapply. That got me a really vampy lip that stayed for five hours with some drinking and eating in there - it does stain well, which I like, and rubbing your lips together redistributes the color well throughout your wear. The packaging is terrible - it doesn't retract all the way into the tube, so it's easy to nick on the inside of the plastic cap - but frankly, it's an eighty-nine cent lipstick that stays on well with one blotting and re-application (you can blot again if you want a more downplayed, matte look and not as much vampy-glossy-high-drama, and it looks really nice both ways.)

The first couple of swipes were a little waxy for whatever reason, so I wiped them off and tried again. After that, it went on very smooth, doesn't drag at all, and it feels really moisturizing - so if you get this and it feels a little strange at first, don't worry! Wipe off the top layer with a tissue or something and try again. There's a slight smell to this one, but I didn't really notice it after a minute or two, and there's really not much of a taste. This WILL probably kiss off if you don't blot at all and don't use lip liner, so I'd recommend one of the two. All in all, this is definitely an evening color if you're more fair-skinned. I liked Dark Wine better color-wise, but will definitely wear Black Orchid as well. It's better than some department store lipsticks I've tried and I'll DEFINITELY repurchase (at this price, I don't get how you could not.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Reading the reviews here just proves that makeup looks different on different people. Some people think it is very dark; some think it looks like Black Honey or Cherry Bomb. They are right of course -- for them. But I find none of those things true for me. For me, it a medium shade that compliments many of my purple clothes. It isn't too purple or too pink or too brown. It isn't too slick or too matte. It's very versatile. It looks good alone and blended with other shades. At 99 cents or so, it's worth a try. I certainly was very pleasantly surprised.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lipstick line is fantastic. For me the staying power to comfort ratio is the best I've ever experienced. It's not too shiny but not so matte that it sucks my lips dry. And it actually stays on. This shade is great as a nice berry stain. One of those universally flattering kinds of shades. If you wear it as a normal lipstick, it's a teeny bit drying, but its not that bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: burgundy

Pros

- pigmented
- creamy

Cons

- scent/flavor
- packaging

Comments: This is a good product for the price. I love the color - very pigmented and creamy formula. I hate the way it smells, though. It also has a bad taste to it reminescent of most dollar lipsticks. I like it, though. It's my favorite kind of shade to wear during the fall and winter months.

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This color is amazingly pigmented purplish black.I pat this on my lips so i get a less intense color which is good.If you have page skin this looks even more intense on yo and even more so if you where this full strengh.If you aren't sure about this color better to try it with a 2 dollar lipstick than getting a high end brand and being stuck with it if the color doesn't work
I agree with the other reviewer who said that this drying unlike the other lipsticks from this line which is too bad

UPDATE
You have to try this with essence limited edition lip gloss in Alice had a vision-again .This looks great I will now use this lipgloss way more often.They are a similar color but since this one has sparkle to makes the lipstick pop.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by isabelxox0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick for 60 cents and for that price, I think its perfect.
It is my most used lipstick because of the dark color. I do not like how easily it wears off but you could always just reapply. I would like to find more lipsticks of this color but higher quality. But those who are on a tight budget, I suggest this lipstick for you! It's great, just wears off when you eat or drink something.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by xcannibaldollx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This color is almost the exact same as Wet N Wild's Megalast Lipcolor in Cherry Bomb, but this is NOT a matte lipstick. It is very slippery, almost greasy. I would recommend wearing a lip liner with this lipstick. And applying it with a brush or q-tip. I layer this over my Cherry Bomb lipstick to give it more of a gloss, and a more plum color.

For less than a dollar, I can't really complain.
It just takes some time to put this on because it is such a dark color and it is very "slippery".

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviewer that compared this to Clinique Black Honey, I cant think of a better description! This is a very dark and opaque lipstick, but a little too opaque. it's very hard to apply. I do not recommend just putting this right on your lips. It looks better (and more neat) if you smear some on your index finger and then apply it onto your lips. It's so pigmented. I'm impressed. I got this on sale for like 40 cents, which is unbeatable.
Edit: after wearing this all day, my lips were so dry. Because of that and how much of a pain it is to apply, I might stop using it.